Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is there still a report for bad playing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiritPinda

02-19-2015

Hey everybody, i keep seeing people who flame and report people for the smallest things (forgetting trinket, dieing to first blood, making small mistaskes) and i keep thinking why is there a report for bad playing? It just doesn't make sense because everybody makes mistakes right? In every game there is a winning team and losing team, just because you lost a game or because you have a negative score it doesnt mean that you are a bad player (or how the average league players says: Retarded). Like in every game there is a winning and a losing lane, if every game a losing lane would be reported then every game there would be 5 (or 3) players reported.

I hope to get some honest opinions and answers (why is this report even available?)

- Spiritpinda (19/02/15)

Lady Lothiriel

02-20-2015

If you mean the "unskilled player" report function, that's mostly just there to adjust matchmaking and to give players a report option to "vent" after a frustrating game. It doesn't do anything else and won't get you restricted or something.

All the other options are only applicable if the bad playing was done intentionally which is extremely hard to prove.

Frenchie2010

02-20-2015

I have never thought of this before, but maybe the unskilled player report isnt such a good idea after all.

I mean one of the major problems of toxicity is this Dunning-Kureger-thingy, everybody thinking hes sooo much better than the rest and gets machted with bad players all the time he has to carry. This report option basically legitimizes this idea.

Riot should get rid of that and instead promote that matchmaking works and thinking that one of your teammates is utterly bad is just outright stupid.

Tavarus

02-20-2015

Indeed, I think it was one of the biggest mistakes, it basically gave the idea that is "right" to harass people who are underperforming for whatever reason.

SpiritPinda

02-20-2015

Jeah i think it shouldn't exactly be moved but riot should make it so people won't exploit it.

Warbackxoxo

02-20-2015

Doesn't a placebo effect report align with your views on harassement for players who are "abusive" of those who under-perform?

You're now complaining about the placebo, and that's it's also harassement.