Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is "Good Positioning"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killamonjaro

02-19-2015

Hey I'm currently in Silver 2 and play a lot of adc and have been told many times that i need to have "better positioning" I've never understood what this meant fully because to me this means stand in a good position but I don't feel as if that is correct.

Therefore I am asking if someone could give me a detailed explanation on what "Good positioning" is and how I can improve my positioning and not only with adc but with every role.

Thanks
- Killamonjaro

gothrian

02-19-2015

Hi, to make the point very, VERY clear im going to use champions and then go on to general possitioning

You are Graves, in your team you have Leona, Lux, Malphite and Wukong

Enemy team is Syndra, Lucian, Nami, Aatrox and Darius

Now, in a teamfight, you should stay next to lux, because you are the backline, Malphite and Wukong are the clear frontline and Leona should be somewere inbetween.. the formation being similar to a 5 on a dice.

this way, if enemy team goes in on you, leona and lux can stun and peel for you while you kite and get all youre dmg out
and if your team goes in you can safly get your dmg out safely.

In general, the tankier you are, the closer to the frontline you should be, and if you can get oneshoted by everyone on enemy team you should be far away

killamonjaro

02-19-2015

Hey thanks for the reply it really helps.

I'll see how this works in future games I play

(Not sure if it will work in ranked due to me being in a low elo but ill just have to stand at the back and attack any immediate threats which are close and I'll do my best to stay in position)

One other question though, Does "Good positioning" Exist during the Laning phase? (Is there a good place to stand to minimize the amount damage taken/threat of being grabbed by blitz/thresh)

gothrian

02-19-2015

As i understand it you main adc?
USE. THE. TRINKET.

yeah, you should always possition yourself behind your minions if you are vs a enemy tresh or blitz. also erlie before your support gets sightstone its important to use the bushes to your advantage, if you get gankt you can juke using the bushes, and you also have to have mapawareness to know when its safe to push the lane and when you should play more def so that yuor jungler might be able to gank you.

a red marker on how you are doing on the map awareness fron is if you are getting gankt a lot from enemy jungle and getting killed in the prosses, you dont have good enught mapawareness and should play more safe.

also, you need to know when you should follow and not follow.. around 80% of the time when your support goes in, you should follow but there are times were its just dumb

remember to be nice to your support, buy a pink, say gj, and dont flame him for misstakes, you are NOTHING without that support erlie game
and if you get babysitted by enemy jungle and your jungle is not ganking, remember, the junglers job is to have vision controll, objective controll and lane controll so that lanes can snowball, not come bot just so you can play stupid, adapt to the situations

killamonjaro

02-19-2015

Alright

This has really helped me ill do my best to apply this to my future games.