Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Don't say a word all game, and get reported for "offensive language"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PedigreeFeed

02-19-2015

Okay come on... I'm not chat banned or anything but I just don't really say anything in games when i'm tired unless it's to team to let them know my ult times etc, but I just got a notification after a game where i didn't say a word to the enemy team or in /all at all, and yet got "offensive language" reports. This is blatant abuse of the report system, and it's ALWAYS from the losing team because they're mad so just report people.

Isn't there some way to punish people who just "auto report" when they lose? I've played some games with people who even said in team chat "if we lose just report them all okay?" ...like wtf.

When i'm not tired i like to chat to people, and get some banter going back and forth and it's usually friendly and fun, but then there's days where it seems everyone is in a bad mood and determined to report for literally ANYTHING (or even nothing).

I had a game where i was renek top vs a lee, and we were chatting and being friendly so he wouldn't attack me and i had to persuade him that we needed to actually try to kill each other so i could practice lol. That's when banter is fun, people are relaxed and it's all good, and just makes everyone in the game feel more friendly and even if you're losing it's not so bad.

But then there's the other people who take ANY communication as an insult and instead of chatting back and forth, will ignore you, or be offensive back, or just report for no reason as an "i'm mad so **** you" response.

What makes it worse, is that it's rare for people to commend you. I commend people who are friendly in game, on my team or the enemy, such as the lee i mentioned above, but it seems so rare people commend. I try to encourage my teams and help them improve or "tricks" you can do with their heroes etc, but most of the time they think you're insulting them somehow and respond negatively to attempts to help them. I know the system is pretty good overall, but could we maybe get more penalty for falsely reporting, or spam reporting, and more bonuses for commending allies / honourable opponents? I know there's a banner, but that's only for the person who GETS the commends not the people doing it :P thanks for reading!

Lady Lothiriel

02-19-2015

There is in a way a penalty for spite-reporters: their "report weight" gets reduced and can fall to zero. Means, their reports will maybe get you an ingame warning (that system isn't quite so sophisticated) but never a restriction.

Additionally, Riot used to come done pretty hard on reportspammers, there were several banwaves that permabanned reportspammers.

Frenchie2010

02-19-2015

People reporting others out of spite or for invalid reasons get their reportweight lowered. You may still get the warning messages, but no case will be generated from that.

So in the end, if someone overreacts to some friendly chat, mute them and stop chatting with them, problem solved.

Skylinez33

02-20-2015

i commend people when they are friendly or doing teamwork,
basically its true alot of fake reports and hasty chat bans,

WE need less of that, and more bans focused on Hyper trolling people