Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why can't you nerf properly? and buff weak champions ever..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XI keeza IX

02-18-2015

http://www.surrenderat20.net/p/current-pbe-balance-changes.html

Kassadins riftwalk range reduced to 450 from 700.

So a while back Kassadin was "reworked" a.k.a damage was nerfed slow was nerfed W changed and riftwalk damage didn't stack as much riftwalk cost was substantially increased, time for riftwalk to reset was increased a lot which if you play him certainly has an affect on how much your riftwalking.

AND NOW?? You decide you will kill his R range? is this some kind of joke?

He is back in competitive play again drawing bans so you nerf his Q damage more this patch and now on top of that you're literally killing him completely?

Kassadins kit is broken period. But you said you wanted to keep his mobility it's why you left it alone as you "reworked" his other 3 skills. Guess you changed your mind huh?

This proposed nerf shows you don't want him in the game/have no idea what you're doing and I'm fed up.

Lets talk about some champions you've nerfed recently.

Syndra - Q damage in early levels + killed her stun - you do this to the immoible mage who heavily relied on that stun which now isn't consistent at all.... Besides her R she is purely skill shots.. an extremely high difficulty champion.. you nerf her just before the DFG removal which was going to affect her burst anyway but you felt the not so popular mage who was rarely picked in competitive needed this nerf - 4th lowest win rate in game. Are you just going to leave her in the dirt?

Elise - not so recent, were her nerfs but my god were they bad. To sum it up Q base damages nerfed E cocoon width reduced by just over 20% E stun duration reduced in early levels rappel range reduced. (lowest win rate in game besides a just recently nerfed champion i'll talk about also) Her base damage was what made her strong so you could build some MP items get a little tanky but you could still have some damage now you either build her "utility" and max cocoon second which well.. doesn't do much her cocoons stun is nothing compared to any other stuns its not very rewarding and well you shouldn't be relying on landing a stun to be useful. Considering how easy it is to dodge. Build tank from the beginning and all you are is a useful semi tank with a crappy stun. nice.

Azir - wasn't very popular in competitive play seen as a hard champion to use very immobile but insane poke well.. you nerfed him and currently he has a 38% win rate which is the lowest I've ever seen and quite frankly no nerf was needed. Q damage looks to be lowered substantially? Damage is lowered at all ranks so his early game poke is weaker but so is his late game now which was meant to be his strongpoint? An all round damage nerf making him weaker at all points. No wonder he's at 38%

Most jungle champions - new jungle has been around a while and the killer damage from early camps has ****ed champions with no sustain making the current strong junglers jarven>vi/lee. Thats basically it. You made a new jungle which I personally feel sucks and you've done little to try and help all the junglers you've stopped being viable instead you just overnerf champions in other roles when the jungle needs addressing. Jungle changes on the PBE = warrior attack damage reduced? so Jarven/vi/lee who build this enchantment are weakened slighlty? ok...? along with every other jungle who uses it? why????

But you want to know what really annoys me? You release a new Elise skin so give her a tiny buff because you want people to play her again a.k.a buy the cool skin you made.

Varus? New skin coming and the width on his Q was increased if I recall correctly what a surprise?

Sona? being buffed huh?.. isn't there a crazy new ultimate skin coming for her? what a surprise?

Ahri? a mage who didn't need DFG is the only AP champion to get buffed immediately when DFG is removed? didn't they just release a new skin for Ahri? what a surprise?

Annie - buffed in 5.2? wait doesn't she have a similar new skin like Varus? what a surprise?

How and who you nerf is absolutely pathetic. Come up with a new skin buff the champion! even if Ahri for example didn't need a buff who cares! Loads of people will play her and buy your new skin.

Honestly there are champions who since I began playing have never been popular at all and have awful win rates and are just weak period but you don't buff them....

You have someone like Katarina who is just broken in SoloQ but you don't address her issues as far as champions being toxic and a problem I feel like Katarina tops Azir/Syndra/Kassadin(for SoloQ).. and is even with Akali/Fizz until you nerfed them... but you leave Katarina.

Highest win rate in the game currently is the best champion for FREELO has 0 skillshots and if you think timing when to use your ultimate or spamming all your keys at once when you get a kill or assist to destroy the rest of the team in a second(s) takes skill then you're crazy.

So many unplayed weak champions who need love especially in the jungle.

Focus on the real problems please.

CppL

02-20-2015

Agree almost with everything.Except for saying azir was very immobile?? wtf?? did you played him? you know you can jump to his soldiers right? jump over the walls?

Tavarus

02-20-2015

Quote:
XI keeza IX:
[...]

Focus on the real problems please.

Sooo, you are complaining that they made decision based on financial and profit reason, and you really think an angry post on an ignored forum will change things...

You know, I think I've got a bridge to sell you to Terabithia.

Stixxeh

02-20-2015

Yep fully agree. S3 Riot said they wanted to make the jungle more viable for more champs (because of the stale meta of always picking Lee and so on).. Roll on to S4 and they not only made the jungle harder, they've made it even less viable for the vast majority of champs.

The thing I cannot understand at all and I'd love a member of Riot to explain.. they know Lee/J4/Vi are over-performing right now and yet to combat that they've done things like slightly nerfing the range of the frozen smite.. Now here's the thing guys. If you know Lee/J4/Vi are the one's that are broken, why are you nerfing a jungle item which is further crippling all the other junglers that happen to use it- Why not actually just nerf the champs? You don't like that frozen smite makes Lee's ganks combined with his Q too easy, right? So how about you nerf Lee's Q range..,, but you can't nerf Lee because you like him being OP and played in LCS, right? -.-

The S4 jungle is the worst, most stale jungle it's ever been in the history of this game and Riot seem oddly unwilling to actually admit and address the issue. God knows how much their balance team earn but damn.. wasted money.

Tavarus

02-20-2015

Quote:
Stixxeh:
[...] Why not actually just nerf the champs? You don't like that frozen smite makes Lee's ganks combined with his Q too easy, right? So how about you nerf Lee's Q range..,, but you can't nerf Lee because you like him being OP and played in LCS, right? -.-

15392574.jpg