Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fix Thresh already

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xa3k

02-17-2015

When are you going to fix this bug ridden champion? What on earth is it?

Thresh throws a hook. Hook misses you by a longshot. Hook automatically links onto you. It might as well be a click and cast spell. It's the same with Blitz.
It's funny because you manage to perfect Nautilus' grab because he doesn't have this issue.

But unlike blitz thresh has more problems:

What's the deal with his auto attacks? You say that they are not melee and can NOT proc a Ravenous Hydra.

Yet they can proc a Relic Shield?

I'm sorry but do you guys ever actually think when you put items into the game?

xOnionx

02-18-2015

Quote:
Xa3k:

Yet they can proc a Relic Shield?

I'm sorry but do you guys ever actually think when you put items into the game?

I'm sorry but do you ever actually look up facts befor you talk **** about the staff?

Every ranged champion can proc the relic shield passive but the execute doesn't work.
This means that you actually have to last hit the minion to proc it which is quite easy for thresh since his e increases his aa damage.

UNIQUE - SPOILS OF WAR: Melee autoattacks execute minions below 200 (+100% AD) health. Killing a minion by any means heals you and the nearest (within 1100 range) allied champion for 40 health and grants them gold equal to the kill.

Also Thresh is a champion which requires skill to be good and is useless if the player is not experienced with him (just look at his win rate).

While I do agree that some blitzcrank/thresh hooks should have missed (mainly because the hitbox of certain champions is a little bit bigger than their models) I don't think that they are OP and with a good reaction time and sidestepping they are quite easy to dodge.

You are currently silver 4 where it is common for people to think that those champions are op because you are not able to dodge the hooks properly. Keep practicing and you'll eventually see that they are not as strong as you might think they are

There's a thread a little bit below this one which explains the same thing.

Xa3k

02-18-2015

Quote:
xOnionx:
I'm sorry but do you ever actually look up facts befor you talk **** about the staff?

Every ranged champion can proc the relic shield passive but the execute doesn't work.
This means that you actually have to last hit the minion to proc it which is quite easy for thresh since his e increases his aa damage.

UNIQUE - SPOILS OF WAR: Melee autoattacks execute minions below 200 (+100% AD) health. Killing a minion by any means heals you and the nearest (within 1100 range) allied champion for 40 health and grants them gold equal to the kill.

Also Thresh is a champion which requires skill to be good and is useless if the player is not experienced with him (just look at his win rate).

While I do agree that some blitzcrank/thresh hooks should have missed (mainly because the hitbox of certain champions is a little bit bigger than their models) I don't think that they are OP and with a good reaction time and sidestepping they are quite easy to dodge.

You are currently silver 4 where it is common for people to think that those champions are op because you are not able to dodge the hooks properly. Keep practicing and you'll eventually see that they are not as strong as you might think they are

There's a thread a little bit below this one which explains the same thing.

Okay, fair enough that is entirely my mistake, I neglected to read that far in. Thank you for pointing that out.

As for you being a stalker and telling me that because I rarely play ranked games I am a bad player and can't dodge hooks that hit me when they are 300 units away and/or go through a minion/grab a minion then change it's mind and grab me.

I'll just remind you that I have well over 2000 games played over a near 3 years and have watched this game evolve and devolve. So I'm 100% sure I am an extremely competent player who has mained EVERY champion at one point besides the latest Rek'sai because she doesn't interest me.

And then I will remind you that judgement goes both ways. You are a Junior member on this forum, so what do you know?

I'm sorry do you ever understand that riot are a business and thus only care about money?

xOnionx

02-23-2015

Quote:
Xa3k:

As for you being a stalker and telling me that because I rarely play ranked games I am a bad player and can't dodge hooks that hit me when they are 300 units away and/or go through a minion/grab a minion then change it's mind and grab me.

Typing your name in lolking only takes a couple of seconds and it's helping me get a general understanding of the person writing a thread.

Also I have personaly never experienced a hook acting weird around minions. For me it has always hit the target which it seemingly should hit.

Quote:
Xa3k:

I'll just remind you that I have well over 2000 games played over a near 3 years and have watched this game evolve and devolve. So I'm 100% sure I am an extremely competent player who has mained EVERY champion at one point besides the latest Rek'sai because she doesn't interest me.

I agree that I should have written them not you on my post about silver 4 people having a hard time dodging skill shots.

But having a good understanding of the game and mechanical skill/ right decisionmaking in stress situations are something different. Lag/Ping is also a factor to be included.

While I don't know what your true elo is the fact that you are currently placed silver 4 remains a fact and as it seems you weren't extremely overperforming in those matches (your stats with aatrox and annie are pretty nice though) and thus I conclude that your true elo is not extremely far away from where you are currently placed.

Quote:
Xa3k:

And then I will remind you that judgement goes both ways. You are a Junior member on this forum, so what do you know?

I'm sorry do you ever understand that riot are a business and thus only care about money?

My main summoner (http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/35806162#profile)
I ended season 4 as plat 5 also not playing a lot of ranked games while having a 60% winrate in soloq. (Most of those games you see in my season 4 ranked stats were ranked 3v3 where we were plat 3 demoted to gold 1 due to inactivity) and this season I have only played teamrankeds so far (gonna start soloq today if I feel like it)

So I'd say I have a pretty good understanding of the game but I still know that I got a lot left to learn and that I still make mistakes which I have to correct because this season I'm aiming for diamond.

While I do understand that Riot Games is a business a business still consists of employees which are concerned about the game and not always particulary focused on making money.

Sorry that my post offended you but I personaly don't think that you are an "extremely competent player" as you say since you are in silver 4 while not extremely overperforming. I don't even think that I'm an "extremely competent player" since I know that I still make mistakes while being platin.

This does not mean that I think you are incompetent. I just think that you might not be as good as you think you are.

(might be wrong though since I never saw you playing)