Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


I summon you Lyte.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodClawxqt

Junior Member

02-17-2015

Before any of you prejudge me, based on past experiences with other people challenging sanctions given by Riot, please take the time to give me the benefit of the doubt.
I have always seen posts come by of people getting "smited by Lyte" because of their public questioning of restrictions or other punishments they had received. I have always believed that these sanctions were just and for a reason.

However. When it actually happens to you. It becomes a different story.. I have been chat restricted 4/5 months ago for 75 games. I accepted this punishment because I could indeed recall games in which I have been "toxic" as a defense mechanism. I don't take criticism well and when I get accused of things that I have not done, I don't react too well. These toxic comments would never get too bad. It would potentially escalate to a common "F you" or questioning why Rito would punish me with my teammates. I've seen disease insults and threats on a whole new level which don't even come close to the puny insults I've made in my defense.
I saw this restriction as a learning experience and accepted it with an open mind. When these games passed I saw the new games as a new experience. I would never flame anyone, not even close to what I would do before and felt new and improved. But then it happened again.. A week later I was once again restricted for 75 games. I started to question the system. Was I somehow banned again for passed events? Maybe I was banned for the troll premade games I have with my friends. I was hesitant but I could imagine one of my jokes being interpreted as offensive. Once again, I swallowed my pride and took the punishment head on with the guarantee in my head that this would never happen again because I have never been toxic since. Besides.. the restrction had slowly become a habbit.

However... to log in today, and see that cursed message again, with an added 35 games ranked restriction has completely infuriated me. Why am I continiously being punished for passed events or random reports done by toxic people because they have lost games while I have done nothing but live by the summoner code? This is utterly disgusting and demotivating and completely depresses me because I have improved and accepted and moved on.

Please don't see this post as a provocation or anything rude towards Riot or the community. I just want to share my experience with you guys and maybe ask for an explanation from either Riot or someone else. Hell, I wouldn't even mind getting smited because then I would be sure that this is not some computerized mistake.
I would love to hear from you guys.

Love,

a Summoner


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mondego

Senior Member

02-17-2015

Yeah man, welcome to the club, playing since early season 1, you are now the scum of the earth, guilty until proven innocent and people will bash the hell out of you here while calling you a liar :\

I myself got flagged by the system and after a few months and dozens of tickets I learned it was because I said "muted" when being harrassed, I came here for a little support to my situation and instead I got a debate with people arguing that "muted" was pretty toxic and I deserved to be punished for saying that. (Basically saying 'muted' is the same as wishing someone else to die to some people)

So there, best of luck but don't get your hopes up, and besides, I think this game's support (literally worst company support I've ever experienced) is what makes the community this toxic, especially Lyte.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Lothiriel

Senior Member

02-18-2015

If you are patient and keep politely insisting on learning the reason for your restriction, contact Riot support. You will get a few generic answers first, but at some point they will give you a hint why you keep getting punishments.

A few generic things I can suggest:

- pre- and postgame chat counts as well
- report calling or telling people they are muted is considered negative
- uncalled for or insulting advice (stop feeding) is considered negative

As for you restriction:

The best way to get rid of it (works for a vast majority of restricted players) is to be actively positive:

- disable all chat
- don't "defend" yourself; mute, report, move on
- say only strict game-related or friendly / supportive things (ty, gj)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frenchie2010

Senior Member

02-18-2015

Quote:
Mondego:
Yeah man, welcome to the club, playing since early season 1, you are now the scum of the earth, guilty until proven innocent and people will bash the hell out of you here while calling you a liar :\

I myself got flagged by the system and after a few months and dozens of tickets I learned it was because I said "muted" when being harrassed, I came here for a little support to my situation and instead I got a debate with people arguing that "muted" was pretty toxic and I deserved to be punished for saying that. (Basically saying 'muted' is the same as wishing someone else to die to some people)

So there, best of luck but don't get your hopes up, and besides, I think this game's support (literally worst company support I've ever experienced) is what makes the community this toxic, especially Lyte.


Everytime I meet someone whos behaviour annoys me I write "muted" and mute him, job done.

How does it fit into your theory that I never got any problem with the beaviour system whatsoever?

@OP:
The chances to meet LYte in the euw forums are rather small Id think


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mondego

Senior Member

02-18-2015

Quote:
Frenchie2010:
Everytime I meet someone whos behaviour annoys me I write "muted" and mute him, job done.

How does it fit into your theory that I never got any problem with the beaviour system whatsoever?

@OP:
The chances to meet LYte in the euw forums are rather small Id think


How funny of you to say that, because according to the "standards" of the company you're defending, what you done makes you a toxic player worthy of punishment. Because that's what happened to me, I had to send dozens of tickets and wait more than 2 months but when I finally got to see what I've "done wrong" that was it, I said "muted" to people and then muted them.

Once you get flagged you're scr*wed but alas you're one of the people that will have to get hammered to believe its possible, only by them you'll be the scum of the earth and no one will give you credit, pretty much what you're doing right now


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodClawxqt

Junior Member

02-18-2015

Quote:
Mondego:
Yeah man, welcome to the club, playing since early season 1, you are now the scum of the earth, guilty until proven innocent and people will bash the hell out of you here while calling you a liar :\

I myself got flagged by the system and after a few months and dozens of tickets I learned it was because I said "muted" when being harrassed, I came here for a little support to my situation and instead I got a debate with people arguing that "muted" was pretty toxic and I deserved to be punished for saying that. (Basically saying 'muted' is the same as wishing someone else to die to some people)

So there, best of luck but don't get your hopes up, and besides, I think this game's support (literally worst company support I've ever experienced) is what makes the community this toxic, especially Lyte.


I couldn't agree more. I've posted my story on Reddit too and I got the exact same thing. 9/10 things I'm a complete toxic piece of waste and some share my experiences and have no idea what to do. It's really frustrating and the worst part is that you have literally no power over it.

_____________________________

Quote:
Lady Lothiriel:
If you are patient and keep politely insisting on learning the reason for your restriction, contact Riot support. You will get a few generic answers first, but at some point they will give you a hint why you keep getting punishments.

A few generic things I can suggest:

- pre- and postgame chat counts as well
- report calling or telling people they are muted is considered negative
- uncalled for or insulting advice (stop feeding) is considered negative

As for you restriction:

The best way to get rid of it (works for a vast majority of restricted players) is to be actively positive:

- disable all chat
- don't "defend" yourself; mute, report, move on
- say only strict game-related or friendly / supportive things (ty, gj)


The things you suggest, even intended well, are no active solution to the problem. Like I said before, it's not that I have problems with being friendly. I have done nothing else since. I am however getting punished for events in the past. I've been toxic before my first restriction and those things are constantly coming back to haunt me. I've read that even being completely silent in games after a chat restriction will lead to another restriction because it doesn't show that "positive" a** kissing behaivour they're looking for. It's just that simple.

Furthermore, this is a communicative team game. Not politics. I don't come here to suck up and make "allies". I come here to relax and enjoy my time off. I have no intention of disabling all-chat because it's player-interaction what makes the game so enjoyable. Being able to talk about LCS or singing random lyrics in all-chat (random examples) are one of the best things about the game. Once again, it's the friendly interaction between players when things go well that really motivate and stimulate you to perform. The friends you make after having a great game. I don't want to miss on that because of my fear to get chat restricted for not being a mascot for the player support section.

___________

Quote:
Mondego:
How funny of you to say that, because according to the "standards" of the company you're defending, what you done makes you a toxic player worthy of punishment. Because that's what happened to me, I had to send dozens of tickets and wait more than 2 months but when I finally got to see what I've "done wrong" that was it, I said "muted" to people and then muted them.

Once you get flagged you're scr*wed but alas you're one of the people that will have to get hammered to believe its possible, only by them you'll be the scum of the earth and no one will give you credit, pretty much what you're doing right now


I wish I could upvote this over 9000 times.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mondego

Senior Member

02-18-2015

Quote:
BloodClawxqt:
I couldn't agree more. I've posted my story on Reddit too and I got the exact same thing. 9/10 things I'm a complete toxic piece of waste and some share my experiences and have no idea what to do. It's really frustrating and the worst part is that you have literally no power over it.

_____________________________



The things you suggest, even intended well, are no active solution to the problem. Like I said before, it's not that I have problems with being friendly. I have done nothing else since. I am however getting punished for events in the past. I've been toxic before my first restriction and those things are constantly coming back to haunt me. I've read that even being completely silent in games after a chat restriction will lead to another restriction because it doesn't show that "positive" a** kissing behaivour they're looking for. It's just that simple.

Furthermore, this is a communicative team game. Not politics. I don't come here to suck up and make "allies". I come here to relax and enjoy my time off. I have no intention of disabling all-chat because it's player-interaction what makes the game so enjoyable. Being able to talk about LCS or singing random lyrics in all-chat (random examples) are one of the best things about the game. Once again, it's the friendly interaction between players when things go well that really motivate and stimulate you to perform. The friends you make after having a great game. I don't want to miss on that because of my fear to get chat restricted for not being a mascot for the player support section.

___________



I wish I could upvote this over 9000 times.


I feel your pain man, I was so pissed when I was labelled toxic and restricted for 3 rows of 20 games that 2 months later I was still sending tickets about my situation. Knowing there were quite possibly other guys out there in the same situation added salt to the wound. Then knowing the worst of the worst got same kind of punishment I did (chat restricted) made me facepalm this system, and now being left out of the sportmanship rewards because I was "toxic" last season is yet another disapointment.

It's like I said in another thread, they don't really care about their playerbase because it's huge as it is and they're not very likely to lose the players even if they do them wrong. As for the ones that do leave, they're collateral damage and won't hurt much.

We're meaningless I guess :\


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodClawxqt

Junior Member

02-19-2015

I just Riot would respond just for once... hasn't been a response in like 80 pages of chat enquiry topics.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sháco

Member

02-19-2015

Welcome to the club. I've been mainly playing on my smurf with a couple of games on this account every now and then, log on today and I'm chat restricted for 75 games and rank restricted for 35 normal wins. I hardly even talk in game let alone flame or do anything to offend people, yet I've been hit with this restriction for the third time. I bet it's an automated system, you get reported often enough (whether justified or not, people report just for the sake of blaming the lose on someone) and boom they smack you with the restriction. It's f**king bullsh*t and I'm fed up of it, the worst part is we have NO way of contacting Riot or actually getting some f**king support on this issue, 'cause this forum is just a graveyard (no Riot employees ever reply) and support tickets are replied with guess what... MORE AUTOMATED SH*T.

Hey Riot, why won't you mute and restrict my smurf? I've been playing and talking more on that, heck I even swear more on my smurf (not as insults, in general). Sort your stupid broken system out, it's a joke. You won't get a penny more from me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodClawxqt

Junior Member

02-20-2015

Yep, a graveyard indeed. People desperately trying to get some attention but no one is reading. God bless EUW.


12