Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Constant ranked picks...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnomzilla

02-16-2015

Why are Graves and Jinx picked in 90% of my ranked games? I want to have a game on botlane where I don't play against those champions, and I cannot provide it unless I'm constantly a captain.

Why are they, along Vi picked in every game?

Balanced? Why aren't other champions picked as much?

Balanced kurac moj

Serika Zero

02-16-2015

Because LCS spams them, therefore they must be good
so meta sheep is picking them up.

Among those meta sheep are people that trully like the heroes and played them for a long time, sadly the meta sheep avalanche is over them and will keep them there for a few more weeks or months.

Tbh, Corki is better than Graves overall unless you WANT BURST.

Gnomzilla

02-16-2015

I don't like Corki nor Graves. I like Lucian but I feel he's too weak atm (I think I outskilled many people but I missed the champion-wise part)

Do I have to start playing some of the meta **** champions in order to stay competitive within my favorite role?

Meta: Graves, Jinx, Corki

My favorites: Lucian, Varus, Cait, MF

Evil Squidward

02-17-2015

graves and jinx and corki are "meta" because they do the most effective tactics, and are the best at them. simply put they are the most effective adcs.

graves is more of an AD caster at this point. so him + any tank support makes for a botlane whos tactic is just "push all the buttons at once". every time thier ults are up they both roll tonka toys across the keyboard and most of the time pick up a kill.

jinx has the highest scaling on a carry that has decent range and decent ability scalings. so numbers-wise she does more damage if shes left up for a bit. shes also got long enough range to play safe against certain people and a good poke spell.

corki is sort of the middle ground. hes got burst but not as much as graves and hes got damage but not as much as jinx.

so thats why they are played.

as for your favorites. lucien was meta recently so hes gotta be not-meta for a bit till riot nerf everyone else until he becomes meta again. but honeslty he was billed as an adc who had a lot of mobility because of low-cooldown dashes and the speedboost W... then they released khalista and just out-hopped him. only reason khalista isnt on your list is because shes only meta in elo's high enough to play her.

varus has a pretty good laning phase and i play him on occasion myself but i wouldnt trust a random support to know what to do around him so unless you are duo hes not really that good. most supports these days only know about 5 adcs that they saw on the LCS so they wont even know your abilities other then "the arrow" "the circle" "the ult". on top of that if you dont have a dash your massively crippled in current league.

cait is probably the best of those three. and the only reason shes not played is that as safe as she is you can never be safe enough without killing your opponent and when the enemy has braum leona AND thresh to choose from that safety is worth a lot less.

Kawdie

02-21-2015

Quote:
Gnomzilla:
Why are Graves and Jinx picked in 90% of my ranked games? I want to have a game on botlane where I don't play against those champions, and I cannot provide it unless I'm constantly a captain.

Why are they, along Vi picked in every game?

Balanced? Why aren't other champions picked as much?

Balanced kurac moj

Ban Vi if you're first pick (or ask) and you main ADC. Also; Graves/Jinx aren't unbeatable. Just learn to beat them (Jinx only really wins vs immobile ADC's. Graves loses to both longer range and mobility.) or be a man and pick Draven and win.

Serika Zero

02-21-2015

Quote:
Gnomzilla:
I don't like Corki nor Graves. I like Lucian but I feel he's too weak atm (I think I outskilled many people but I missed the champion-wise part)

Do I have to start playing some of the meta **** champions in order to stay competitive within my favorite role?

Meta: Graves, Jinx, Corki

My favorites: Lucian, Varus, Cait, MF

while u are not LCS level, you do not have to follow meta like a sheep.
You can win by simply being better than your opponent. You can look at LCS and most things there is farm fest, because almost everyone is at the same level.
While you are bronze, silver, gold, plat, dia, master.
There's still room to improve, so you don't have to switch your picks to move forward.

That being said, I think Varus and MF are really weak since they got no escape, but that's just me.