Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

2 Hour Queue Penalty?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr S Facilier

02-16-2015

So, I main Urgot, because I love the champ. I ask someone specifically not to ban Urgot in Nemesis Draft, because the enemy team always assigns someone the supposed 'worst champion in the game'. He goes out of his way to ban Urgot, and then I duck the queue because I don't really want to play with someone like that. Why am I then blocked from getting into any game for 2 hours??? Isn't that a bit excessive for a first time queue duck in about 3 weeks? Even if there is a crackdown on queue ducking (Because I've been hearing that recently from people I've asked) why is it so bad to duck for a reason like that? If I don't like the person that I'm playing with, because of their inability to do something incredibly simple and kind for someone else, I'm not really going to enjoy playing with them, because they're probably a toxic player. However, being barred from playing for 2 hours? I love the game, and I like making plans to play with people at different times because it's great, so now I'm not allowed to enjoy myself because of one person's toxicity? At the very worst, I took up 30 seconds of someone's time, I don't think that's deserving of a 2 hour punishment. Explain pls Rito?

Ninja Serb

02-16-2015

You won't get a reply from Riot here. I agree with your statement and the best place to take it up with is Support.

vinseur

02-17-2015

well, how should riot know, _why_ you dodged? Dodging per se is horrible and if there were no penalties, people would find tons of excuses not to play a game. Are two hours too harsh? I donĀ“t think so, but people in good standing should have a very limited amount of free dodges (maybe 1 in 25 games or so).

Now, your reason to dodge is a good example. You dodged, because somebody ignored your request not to ban a champ? Imagine, every player would make a ban/not ban request and dodge if the request is not followed...
According to the rules, one person bans. Maybe this player hates urgot and does not enjoy games with urgot very much. What makes your idea of a fun game (playing urgot) more valuable than the idea of the banning player (a game without urgot)?? Just because somebody does not heed your wish and has a different idea of how the upcoming game should look like, you call him "toxic" and dodge. I believe, a 2 hours penalty was warranted here and you might use that time to reflect on your attitude.

Ciler

02-18-2015

Quote:
AnchorMaster:
first time queue duck in about 3 weeks?

Some of us never queue dodge, not in 3 weeks, not in 3 month, not in 3 years.

2h isn't enough, really.

higura

02-20-2015

there are times where dodgeing is needed...doing it because you dont like the champ picks or bans is not one of these times.

everytime you leave does it affect 9 other players, so if the reason you leave isnt worth the penalty then you simply shouldn`t leave...its that easy.

Heatst0rm

02-20-2015

Well actually.

First of all the one that is actually the one banning decides what to do or what to ban.
Of course a sportsmanlike behaviour would include to hear out the team mates prefs and opinions.

I do see a reason why you would have been punished correctly which is you just decided to leave just because someone didn't do what you wanted to. Of course it would be better if the person would somehow give a answer to your opinion but still he decided not to.

But I totally agree 2 hours are quite intense for such a simple thing. On the other hand how should Riot develop an efficent punishment system ? There will always be some false cases and harsh punishments just because of the fact that there is no clear method to find out the real intentions of the punished person.