Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hardest, yet best champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeeRoyX

02-16-2015

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy another champion, and I'm looking for a champion that's wicked tough to play well, but once you learn how to play him/her well... you're unstoppable. I don't really care about price of the champion. I just want to hear what you guys think: which champion is the hardest to learn, but yields the greatest reward?
So far I have in my mind:
Anivia
Syndra
Vayne
Viktor
LeBlanc
Udyr
Rengar

Please choose from this list our tell me a different one, but please explain why he/she is the hardest, and why he/she is the best.
Thanks!

Wuts0n

02-16-2015

Well, you can't define one single champion as the toughest to play out of all. There are different aspects of toughness.

Hitting Anivia's combo, knowing when to cancel her ult,and knowing her damage output is one part (mechanics of one champ)
Whereas Vayne is all about positioning in the mid-, lategame teamfights.
Syndra probably is one of the champs you need to practice a lot before wrecking asses with her.
Udyr is (thanks, trick2g) all about map pressuring. You need to know yo ur limitations. When to push and when not to do so. But mechanically he is very poor.
Mechanically boring are Rengar, Viktor and LeBlanc too.

Further suggestions: Lee Sin, Jayce, Zed, Azir, Draven, Yasuo.

English Mata

02-17-2015

All champions are different so as the guy above me said, it's hard to say.

I recommend Jayce. Everyone's "outside" opinion of Jayce is wrong. People who don't play him think he's rly easy to play cos he just fires that big long ball.

The "big long ball" is a combination of Q and E. I recommend you max W.

He's an amazing champ, but difficult to play.

Bretterz

02-18-2015

Surprised shaco isn't on your list, I'd say I'm decent with shaco but by all means not mastered. I've come across a couple of players that if they have the opportunity to play shaco they can pretty much easily win a game within the first 15 minutes of gameplay on most occasions. Shaco is extremely hard to play well and is definitely a champion which you should consider, although it would take awhile to learn how to play him effectively.

Another would be lee sin, he can probably make some of the best plays out of any champion because of his kit. I'd say he's pretty easy to learn, but to truly play well it will take a lot of persistence and time.

Drag0n W0lf

02-19-2015

Anivia is a really good mid champ and very hard for people to kill you as if you play her right. I usually start off with a Faerie charm,4 x mana potions and 4 x health potions. I try to get to tear of the goddess asap along with boots of mobility. Work towards the top end Ap items, whichever you prefer, but make sure you are fast and have enough mana to be useful

EasternFrozenDag

02-20-2015

Katarina.. Kappa