Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

262 chat restriction for absolutely no reason

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bartholomewtss

02-14-2015

While I had a 56 game chat restriction I just muted everyone as soon as things were going bad for my team. That's it.

Now I got a 262 long restriction for absolutely no reason.

So what's the fastest way to get rid of them? I;m really sick of not being able to talk at all and making this game unsociable by muting everyone.

Strangely though I got no ranked restriction which suggests to me I DID NOTHING WRONG.

Cobaltmotari

02-15-2015

The ranked restriction is just a progression up from the chat restriction. The fact that you didn't get a ranked restriction doesn't mean anything, least of all what you're presuming here.

As for the fastest way to get rid of them, you'd want to use what chat opportunities you have to show positive contributions to the chat, such as congratulating players every now and then, or praising good play wherever necessary.

Nitr0ExpreSs

02-17-2015

Quote:
Bartholomewtss:
While I had a 56 game chat restriction I just muted everyone as soon as things were going bad for my team. That's it.

Now I got a 262 long restriction for absolutely no reason.

So what's the fastest way to get rid of them? I;m really sick of not being able to talk at all and making this game unsociable by muting everyone. This system doesn't work, doesn't take into account things like spiteful reports or reports for absolutely nothing coming from people who just don't like you and report you for free when they see you ingame again. Just disable all chat, I don't know what they got this feature for since they chatban everybody left right and centre.
Strangely though I got no ranked restriction which suggests to me I DID NOTHING WRONG.

I did pretty much the same thing as you and arrived at roughly 3300 games restriction cause every time my previous ends no matter how much I've improved (and yes I'm honest and I work on my temper) after each one ended I got automatically slapped with another twice as long on the very next login. So just forget it and best disable all chat, I honestly don't know what they got this option for since they chat ban everybody left right and centre for any minor silly thing.

Mikethebaron

02-19-2015

Nitr0ExpreSs i have feels. I have had a similar amount and still ongoing. EVen if I deserved somthing for something ive said i still think that 2k bans or more is just ridiulous. you may as well just ban me permenently. Whe am i ever going to get to the end of this ban.