Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Recent champions and CertainlyT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsTheLukiss

02-14-2015

Hi there,

just wanted to share my opinions about the recent champions released.
Every EVERY single one of them is just plain retarded. Just look at them: Kalista, Azir, Gnar, Rek´Sai, Braum, Yasuo (ok Vel´Koz, but he will shine at some point as well, just doenst fit the meta).
How in the world are these champions healthy for game? THEY DESTROY IT. Overloaded kits, huge outplay potential, passive stats en masse and so on.
Whoever designs this champions doesnt know whats healthy for the game. Almost all of them are on the permaban list until they are SIGNIFICANTLY tweaked (nerfed to the ground) with several damage reductions and even passive removals (like yasuo w).

And pls dont let CertainlyT ever design a champion, never never never. Perfect kits, outplay potential, retarded and completely pointless passive stats, mobility, ... . The list is basically endless. Best expample thresh: Would even be the best supported even without damage. Engage, disengage, Lamp, Ult. Hes just missing sustain, which is his only weakness. Has been nerfed 20 times, is still godtier.

His newest child, Kalista, is just plain broken. Immune against meele, cant be outsmited, w passive, free ward, poke, ult 2 second knockup (which gives the support and 5th skill), and ****load of damage on top of that (just the icing on the cake). WHO THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD ADDITION TO THE GAME? I can´t believe that. Just to increase the earnings from champion sales or what? Create an ad carry that is untouchable and not even hard to play, while have a ton of other stats in her kit.
Thanks for reading. Greets.

Kanjejou

02-15-2015

what were you expectign since seaon 3 they begun to **** champion with overloaded kits

Evil Squidward

02-17-2015

i only ban khalista at my elo (upper gold... so not great but not exactly bronze either) because i dont trust people to play her. she will be picked by metasheep and then just like draven they find theoretically god-tier champions with complex mini-games are actually not worth the effort.

she only does really well against teams that either dont focus her or cant burst her. that or in the hands of very good players. i dont have problems killing her, i just dont like the fact people think they can play her when they cant, and then die over and over from overestimating her mobility.

certainlyT might release champions that are very strong. but if you look at thier kits the complexity allows for a lot of tweaking on champions that are fun throughout.

all the champions you list are fun, and a huge breath of fresh air compared to the usual monotony of "tanky bruiser with leap" "mage with stun insta-kill combo" "generic tank support" and "adc with leap"

at least hes TRYING to bring in new mechanics. projectile blocking, micro-hops, uncontrollable forms, soldier control... compare that to the other non-certainly T meta champs.... hurrdurr graves push all the buttons for a kill. generic supports (annie leona) whos only job is to push all the buttons for stuns. lissandra in mid... push all the buttons for stuns....

sensing a pattern? i would rather go through months of fun champs being banned, nerfed and then balanced then years of boring stun-bots released one after the other that only need 1 patch to bring them to where they are gonna stay forever.

azyzbs

02-18-2015

Quote:
Evil Squidward:
i only ban khalista at my elo (upper gold... so not great but not exactly bronze either) because i dont trust people to play her. she will be picked by metasheep and then just like draven they find theoretically god-tier champions with complex mini-games are actually not worth the effort.

she only does really well against teams that either dont focus her or cant burst her. that or in the hands of very good players. i dont have problems killing her, i just dont like the fact people think they can play her when they cant, and then die over and over from overestimating her mobility.

certainlyT might release champions that are very strong. but if you look at thier kits the complexity allows for a lot of tweaking on champions that are fun throughout.

all the champions you list are fun, and a huge breath of fresh air compared to the usual monotony of "tanky bruiser with leap" "mage with stun insta-kill combo" "generic tank support" and "adc with leap"

at least hes TRYING to bring in new mechanics. projectile blocking, micro-hops, uncontrollable forms, soldier control... compare that to the other non-certainly T meta champs.... hurrdurr graves push all the buttons for a kill. generic supports (annie leona) whos only job is to push all the buttons for stuns. lissandra in mid... push all the buttons for stuns....

sensing a pattern? i would rather go through months of fun champs being banned, nerfed and then balanced then years of boring stun-bots released one after the other that only need 1 patch to bring them to where they are gonna stay forever.

I'm all for new mechanics but who thought it would be a good idea to give to the same champion that have the projectile block, a double critical chance as well as ****ing 50% armor removal? CertainlyT champions have overloaded kits and are in facts worse for the game than the "hurrdurr press all the buttons " champions that you mentionned. Thresh have already a lot of cc why give him the lantern on top of that? Zed have a ridiculous burst as well as a HUGE outplay potential why does he need the wave clear he has? Kalista is literally a middle finger to anything that is melee thanks to the free kiting passive why is she able to outsmite a ****ing jungler?
CertainlyT champions are what are killing this game by outshining too ****ing much the other champions and why you always see the same ****ing champions being picked in the LCS. "But i can't have fun if my champion is balanced because i won't stomp ;_;" Meanwhile we have more than 100 champions and we can only choose less than 20% of them in ranked

Serika Zero

02-18-2015

CertainlyT made Lee Sin?
CertainlyT made Katarina?
CertainlyT made Irelia?

Yousho

02-19-2015

I only take issue with Kali.
Everyone else is fine, imo.

I'd rather there be OP interesting champs than boring ones.

Yousho

02-19-2015

Quote:
azyzbs:
I'm all for new mechanics but who thought it would be a good idea to give to the same champion that have the projectile block, a double critical chance as well as ****ing 50% armor removal? CertainlyT champions have overloaded kits and are in facts worse for the game than the "hurrdurr press all the buttons " champions that you mentionned. Thresh have already a lot of cc why give him the lantern on top of that? Zed have a ridiculous burst as well as a HUGE outplay potential why does he need the wave clear he has? Kalista is literally a middle finger to anything that is melee thanks to the free kiting passive why is she able to outsmite a ****ing jungler?
CertainlyT champions are what are killing this game by outshining too ****ing much the other champions and why you always see the same ****ing champions being picked in the LCS. "But i can't have fun if my champion is balanced because i won't stomp ;_;" Meanwhile we have more than 100 champions and we can only choose less than 20% of them in ranked

To be honest, Arpen and Crit literally just give him more damage.
And he still outputs less than Trynd.

So, why is it a problem?

Sure, it SOUNDS fancy, but practically it's not a massive deal.

Never thought Thresh was that big of a deal.

Zed is an assassin, the whole class is broken by design.

Kali can go **** herself, though.