Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Few basic questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pixelhouse

02-12-2015

Hi, i'm currently lvl 21 so i have a few matches under my belt, i do watch alot of LCS matches to learn,
and i have some questions around that and from my experience playing LoL. Hopefully someone can answer them.

1. When watching matches i see the pro's when destroying a ward, they autohit it but they go back and forth everytime,
like they walk to it, autohit it and walk away just to walk into it again to autohit it. Why is that?
2. I have seen similar things on jungle mobs i thought its called orb walking or something but if i try to do it running away to autohit again i just do less damage then if i would stand still. Why is that?

Thanks in advance.

Watson610

02-12-2015

1.: thats simply because their team probably doesnt have vision of the already behind that ward. So they walk back and forth to maybe luckily dodge a skillshot out of the fog of war.

2.: what exactely do you mean? Normally you should know the delay of your aa and turn around when its off "cd".

brijmohan

02-13-2015

1. As Watson610 mentioned - to luckily dodge a skillshot. Another thing however, is that they are just used to cancelling their auto attack animation and so they just naturally want to cancel their aa to 'kill the ward quicker'. You will notice they do this on turrets too.

2. Again, but more likely, to cancel their aa animation. If you know your animation, there is a wind-down time where your character is simply performing visual effects after it has done the damage. To maximise one's dps, you cancel this wind-down animation (by moving or performing an aa-reset skill like talon q, yasuo q, and more), thus able to kill the jungle camp in a shorter amount of time.
Another reason is to avoid the jungle camp attack - only on melee camps like krugs, buffs, and wolves. After you jungle for some time, you will be able to understand and notice the patterns of the camp attacks and, since they are melee, if you move out of range right as they are about to attack you, you can take less damage from the camp because you're putting their attack on cooldown, forcing them to move after you.