Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DEBATE on "offensive language"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mikethebaron

02-11-2015

Personally I like freedom of speech more than people not being to say what they like to me.

I can mute them if i want. it not that hard to do.

So why do you even have a chat ban system in the first place?

Seriously. This doesn't make any sense and goes against the fundamental values of my country.

Anyone else with an opinion on this?

(P.S There is absolutely NOTHING you can say to me that would make me genuinely upset or offended. Honestly say what you like I can always mute you if I feel the need)

Hagglinz BS

02-11-2015

Agreed. And even more fked up is the ways to ban people for "Offensive Language" to ban them from "games" instead of banning them away from the ways they have commited the crime!

Chat Restrictin for "offensive Language" is fine.
RANKED restriction is outrageous..

3rd Right

02-11-2015

If you have nothing positive to say, don't say anything.

If a person comes and starts flaming at me during a game, damage has already been done.

There is no reason why you should use "offensive language" at other people, online and real life.

The fact that Rito has created system to force people who hurt others to not being able to play ranked is only positive.

Player flames a lot at people during ranked games. He gets chat restriction, does he have any reason to fear? Not really since he can just flame people in set number of messages.

Would the player flame people if he knew he would get ranked restriction and can't continue ranked games he likes? Most likely he would change his habits.

Either if he does change his ways or gets ranked restriction, it's one player less affecting other players game experience.

Mikethebaron

02-11-2015

You are the kind of person that makes me want to use offensive language 3rd right.

There are reason why people want to use 'offensive language' and they should be allowed the right to do so.

You have all the signs of a self righteous faschist.

Hagglinz BS

02-11-2015

Its very easy to solve that, since everything you need ingame you have ingame adds for.
SO very simple, Offensive language? TOTAL chat bann! Problem solved. now you wouldnt get alot of people "Hurting eachother", which is just pathetic if you ask me. If you cannot handle a person writing stuff to you online, then the World Wide Web simply isnt a place for you.

Offensive language you are gonna get no matter what, FACT.
If u wanna stop it, TOTAl chat restriction for a number of games.

Mikethebaron

02-11-2015

Also the fact that different people are offended by different things.

If 2 people are offended who is more justified. or are both unjustified. what about those grey areas. I really dont like the idea of people who have no idea of the exact menaing of the words you write down judging you.

Warbackxoxo

02-11-2015

You're going to get people saying to you that after the first flame the damage is done, freedom of speech doens't apply here, and another falacious arguments, if you prossig with this thread.

Just a warning.

3rd Right

02-11-2015

Quote:
Mikethebaron:
You are the kind of person that makes me want to use offensive language 3rd right.

There are reason why people want to use 'offensive language' and they should be allowed the right to do so.

You have all the signs of a self righteous faschist.

If you have a need to abuse people verbally over internet for saying that you shouldn't, you need to get help.

And by all means you are allowed to use offensive language. Point is like it's in rules of the game, you're not allowed to use offensive language at other players. That is called bullying and that is weak. Meaning, you're nothing more than a bully. I don't know you in person so i'm not going to guess why you have need to be mean to other people. But like i said, looking for help is a start.

And what in me makes you want to use offensive language at me?
You said you have freedom of speech so by all means, use it.

Quote:
Hagglinz BS:
Its very easy to solve that, since everything you need ingame you have ingame adds for.
SO very simple, Offensive language? TOTAL chat bann! Problem solved. now you wouldnt get alot of people "Hurting eachother", which is just pathetic if you ask me. If you cannot handle a person writing stuff to you online, then the World Wide Web simply isnt a place for you.

Offensive language you are gonna get no matter what, FACT.
If u wanna stop it, TOTAl chat restriction for a number of games.

You would permanently disable people from speaking in real life if someone would be mocking and verbally abusing you?

People easily become something on internet they aren't in real life. I follow rule where i won't tell people over internet i wouldn't say to them right at their face in real life.

Internet or real life doesn't give you right to abuse people even if we have freedom of speech.

higura

02-11-2015

Quote:
Mikethebaron:
Personally I like freedom of speech more than people not being to say what they like to me.

http://www.truthwinsout.org/news/2014/04/40276/

Quote:
Mikethebaron:
I can mute them if i want. it not that hard to do.

So why do you even have a chat ban system in the first place?

the mute option is there as a tool to protekt other players form toxic behavior, its not there to excuse the use of it.

if a player is forced to use the mute option because of your actions then you have already crossed the line of the terms there allow you to even have a account in the first place (that you agreed to follow when you made the account and any updates there after).

Quote:
Mikethebaron:
Seriously. This doesn't make any sense and goes against the fundamental values of my country.

how so?, this is a privat owned game, are you not allowed to kick ppl out of your house if they dont follow the rules you have?.

Lady Lothiriel

02-12-2015

Quote:
if a player is forced to use the mute option because of your actions then you have already crossed the line of the terms there allow you to even have a account in the first place (that you agreed to follow when you made the account and any updates there after).

^This! A hundred times this!

You decided to use a completely cost-free service of a private company. You AGREED to their TOS, which are pretty straightforward and not demanding anything more than to behave like a normal human being.
You basically agreed to not be a jerk.

Now you decided to break the rules and come here whining that you - in complete accordance with what you agreed to - are being punished?

This is not a public domain, this is a private company's playground. If a fancy restaurant in "your country" demands of you to wear a tie if you want to eat there, you better wear one because no constitutional right will prevent you from being thrown out if you are not.