Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Alta, the Black Swordswoman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Réalta Nua

02-11-2015

Alta, the Black Swordswoman

Alta is a twisted champion dressed completely in black armor, and she has an even more twisted sword. Her sword harvests her enemies' life force, and occasionally releases evil energy. Darkness is a strong tool of her in battle, and the sight of her and her sword inflicts fear to the hearts of anyone who opposes her.

Alta is a top laner who's defining characteristics are her passive, which allows her to increase the range of her abilities and auto attacks, and her ability to disrupt enemies with her ultimate. Smart use of her passive allows for landing more poke on the enemy laner, while using her passive well in teamfights will drastically increase the effectiveness of your AoE. Timing her ability to absorb and return enemy damage will allow her to out trade the opponent in lane, but timing her shield poorly may easily swing the fight in her enemy's favour.

Primary role: Fighter

Stats:
HP: 573 - 2052
HP regen: 8.8 – 20.7
Mana: 350 – 1030
Mana regen: 5.8 – 12.6
Melee: 175
AD: 60 - 111
ASPD: 0.651 (+0% - 56.6%)
Armor: 23.4 – 82.9
MR: 32.1 – 53.4
MS: 335

Passive: Alta has 175 attack range. Successfully landing basic attacks on enemy champions feeds her sword and makes it emit more darkness, which increases the range and radii of her abilities by 50 for 10 seconds, while also increasing her basic attack range for the same amount. This effect can stack up to 5 times.

Q: Draining thrust - Alta thrusts her sword forward, dealing 40/80/120/160/200 (+1.0 AD) physical damage. If she hits a champion, her sword will steal 2/4/6/8/10% of the enemy’s resistances for 3 seconds. Multiple champions can have their resistances stolen by this ability. Range: 350. Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds. Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 mana.

W: The Dark Sword’s Appetite - Alta's sword absorbs energy from enemy attacks, granting her a shield during 1 second. If any damage is absorbed by the shield, Alta can reactivate this ability within the next 5 seconds to cast Release. Cooldown: 13 seconds. Cost: 50 mana. Shield value: 90/130/170/210/250 (+1.0 bonus AD)

Release - Alta’s sword will release dark energy, dealing magic damage to target enemy champion equal to the amount of damage absorbed by The Dark Sword's Appetite and slowing them by 15% for 2 seconds. Range: 700. No mana cost.

E: Dark Orb - Alta will hurl an orb of dark energy towards target location, exploding upon impact. Any enemy caught in the blast will suffer 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.3 AP) magic damage and enemy champions will have a Show Mark applied to them for 5 seconds. Upon successfully inflicting a Shadow Mark, Alta can reactivate this ability to cast Shadow Strike. Range: 550. Cooldown: 13 seconds. Cost: 50 mana. Impact radius: 150.

Shadow Strike - Alta teleports to target champion inflicted by a Shadow Mark, slashing them for 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.8 AD) physical damage and triggering the mark, rooting them for 1 second. Alta can reactivate this ability as many times as the amount of Shadow Marks applied to enemy champions, until the mark wears off. Cost: 20 mana.

R: Cover of Darkness - Alta swings her sword towards the sky and releases its darkness, dealing 200/300/400 (+1.0 bonus AD) magic damage to enemies around her and reducing their vision range to 300 for 1 second, which then swiftly recovers during another second. Radius: 300. Cooldown: 90 seconds. Cost: 100 mana.

If you have any comments/criticism, don't hesitate to leave a reply.

Ichimaruuu

02-11-2015

Snake Eyes is that you?

Réalta Nua

02-13-2015

After some reviewing I reworked her W a bit to make the mechanic more straightforward. Any comments on her abilities and toolkit would still be very welcome.

RandomDwarf16

02-15-2015

Hello Name I am not gonna right down
I realy like the idea for this champion, I would give her a more Ad scaling, so change the ultimate to Ad. It would make scense since she looks like a top-laner (fighter) and not a mid-laner.

One last and very important tip: Pls dont make her W, not interuptable by CC, that is just to strong and doesn`t give your enemies any way to counter it.

Réalta Nua

02-15-2015

Quote:
RandomDwarf16:
Hello Name I am not gonna right down
I realy like the idea for this champion, I would give her a more Ad scaling, so change the ultimate to Ad. It would make scense since she looks like a top-laner (fighter) and not a mid-laner.

One last and very important tip: Pls dont make her W, not interuptable by CC, that is just to strong and doesn`t give your enemies any way to counter it.

Thank you for the feedback! I used an accent in my name so it doesn't show properly at all here, haha.

I gave her quite low scalings because I think her toolkit is probably quite strong as it is, though this is up for debate. Her W is uninterruptable because it works similar to spellshields, but instead it can absorb multiple spells/attacks as long as it falls within the 0.5 second window and it also has the counter attack element to it. It may be too strong this way, but perhaps I could make the window shorter instead (0.25s or something?) so your timing of the skill is really crucial. I think it makes sense that if she absorbs attacks she won't be affected by crowd control either, but I'll give it some more thought.

Réalta Nua

02-16-2015

After more consideration, I reworked her W again in an effort to make it more balanced.

RandomDwarf16

02-17-2015

I like these updates, keep up the good work