Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Starting to get annoying now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drag0n W0lf

02-10-2015

Ive just worked through 75 games of chat restrictions and won a lot of games, many of which I received a report for dominating my lane, lots of which I received commendations from both teams for. I have just logged on and low and behold I have another chat restriction, even though ive typed nothing for 75 games.

I wouldn't mind as I don't normally chat anyway, but the fact that ive been reported again for winning games (which is what I received the first chat restriction for) and yet again have restricted chat is starting to frustrate me.

Im not amazed people get annoyed when they are innocent and constantly getting targeted because they are decent at the game and other players cannot accept this. Im also not amazed people lose their temper when they work through 75 games only to get another chat restriction because riot cant do their job properly.

My game experience is now getting effected because other players are mad that im winning games and cannot accept this. Its beginning to feel like im getting targeted by the system that is (apparently) set up to protect players.

I did my time for something I didn't do, and now im having to do it all over again because the game is literally swimming in toxic players that riot are rewarding. Its no wonder they keep playing, because all they have to do is throw in some troll reports and they get exactly what they wanted.

GangrelCat

02-11-2015

People aren’t reporting you because of winning, people are probably not even reporting you. Once you've been punished by the CR/RR system you are from then on under probation, meaning that after finishing a stack of punishments all those games are looked at, reported or not. Depending on what is found you'll get a new stack of restrictions or not.
Riot wants to see you put effort into improving your behaviour, staying silent is not showing improvement. So as long as you keep doing that, the restrictions will keep coming.

The best times to show positive behaviour in chat is during Champion Select and Score Screen chats, since you're not restricted there but they are checked.

You can also contact Support and if the initial template answers don't answer your questions, keep respectfully ask for advice.

-----------------------------------------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mahatma Gandhi

Je suis Charlie

Drag0n W0lf

02-11-2015

Sorry, but saying NOTHING in a game and still getting reported means what to you exactly? So my behaviour that needed punishing was for what, winning my lane, annoying the enemy team by being good, getting a thumbs up from my own team for team work 20 times?

This does not add up, so either im getting another chat restriction because that's how they do it, or I am getting reported a bunch of times for winning.

As for Riot, they cant even run a proper chat ban system, so I would suggest they try to prove to us that they can competently run a system before they ask us to do anything, as myself and a large proportion of the play base aren't happy with how this is run currently.

Drag0n W0lf

02-11-2015

You only get restrictions for excessive toxic behaviour or if you've shown too little improvement (either by being toxic or silent) while you're still in probation.

Ive just lifted this from a different post to put this here. Are you now telling me if you say NOTHING in a game you are in for probation you will get another chat ban. Can someone confirm if this is true or not, if it is Riot really need to look at their policy, cos that's just idiotic

Lady Lothiriel

02-11-2015

Riot wants to know if you actually improved your behaviour. The system cannot see this if you are just staying silent. Hence the system errs on the side of caution and restricts you again to see if you improve.

You can get rid of a CR eventually by just staying silent, but it will take a long time.

Try to be actively positive. Most players get rid of their restriction this way after the first time.

Drag0n W0lf

02-11-2015

That's ridiculous, good job Riot. By staying silent and showing you've improved they ban you anyway. That's like giving someone a ticket for speeding, then when they pay it going back to them and giving them another one after not seeing them drive the car because they may just have sped anyway so to be on the safe side we'll fine them again. Good job

Escoban

02-11-2015

While I don't neccesarily agree with Riot on this there is some logic to it. By staying silent you're not really showing that you're capable of being non-toxic while not restricted. You're just showing that as long as you keep your mouth shut, you won't get into trouble. If that's the way you want to cope with the situation that is obviously fine, but you won't actually need chat permission to do that. If you want chat permission back you'll have to show that having you unrestricted can be a positive thing, not just a neutral one.

Also about the car analogy. A better one would be this. You get caught speeding and your license gets taken away from you. After a while you're allowed to drive under probation yet you choose not to. The people who have to review your case and decide wether you get your license back have no reason to believe that you've actually improved your driving style. Sure you havent gotten into trouble again, but thats not because you tried so hard not to, its because you didnt try at all.

Drag0n W0lf

02-12-2015

No, what riot are essentially saying is that as you are staying silent its better to punish you again rather than give you your freedom back.

GUZA911

Recruiter

02-12-2015

Bassically what everyone is saying is "Oh so you dont like to talk to a bunch of flaming 10 year olds ? phew too bad better restrict you from playing ranked games mate.And chatting at all but we give you some messages so you can try to communicate with people you rather would not ...thats why there is a ping sistem ! so you can chat ^^ " ...makes sence doesent it.... haha

GangrelCat

02-13-2015

Quote:
GUZA911:
Bassically what everyone is saying is "Oh so you dont like to talk to a bunch of flaming 10 year olds ? phew too bad better restrict you from playing ranked games mate.And chatting at all but we give you some messages so you can try to communicate with people you rather would not ...thats why there is a ping sistem ! so you can chat ^^ " ...makes sence doesent it.... haha

Actually, what they're saying is; "Since you behaved like a flaming 10 year old, we treat you like a flaming 10 year old."

-----------------------------------------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mahatma Gandhi

Je suis Charlie