Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kalista and her retardedly broken hopping mechanic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloyahu

02-09-2015

I've seen Kalista's auto-attack passive interact very oddly with a different number of abilities. The most recently one i've notified is that if Kalista is mid hop animation, Lee Sin's ultimate takes no effect besides applying the damage. The sound-effect will trigger and she will be stunned for the ultimates 1 second long crowd control, but hops to where her target location was anyways. Pretty sure this interaction needs to see a fix.

How to perform for testing purposes:

- Merely use Lee Sin's ultimate on Kalista when she is mid hop animation.

Kanjejou

02-15-2015

her hop concel most knock up , lee sin kick isnt the only one alistar head bump suffer from this too

Mr Frazer

02-18-2015

Kalista is so broken she's basically an insult to everyone having to play against her, she should be disabled until her passive is removed and her smite is nerfed. Right now she outsmites every champion in the game and she is a ****ing adc. Her mobility is so broken you would have to give every melee champion 150 more base movespeed to even have a chance to catch her. Rito pls.

Serika Zero

02-18-2015

Quote:
Mr Frazer:
Kalista is so broken she's basically an insult to everyone having to play against her, she should be disabled until her passive is removed and her smite is nerfed. Right now she outsmites every champion in the game and she is a ****ing adc. Her mobility is so broken you would have to give every melee champion 150 more base movespeed to even have a chance to catch her. Rito pls.

Show me a video of Kalista out-smiting a Baron/Dragon from an enemy Jungler that started attacking the objective before she got there.
That's right, you can't.
She needs to put stacks on the objectives in order to "smite" them. Which means if you can distract her for 3 seconds, she loses all her "stacks" and her "smite". Alternatively, she can't steal buffs or Objectives from you since she can't outsmite you without rend stacks (unless you are a bad jungler that doesn't know how to smite).

She also can't outsmite a jungler while she is:
Silenced, Stunned, Knock-up, Supressed.
While a Jungler can still smite during those situations.

Her ability is a strong one, but it has its flaws, its not a perfect "i'm better than the jungler" skill.

Sz4r1ej

02-23-2015

Dude all you have to di build a bout 150% attacks speed and goodbye any melee champ.
Her range is a joke her attacks speed increases her movement speed she can kite from 2-3 melee champs with ease and life steal anything that could have damaged her on the way.

Shes uses minions to increase her speed, shes like a ranged Yasuo. Its a fking joke.
There have been series of broken new released champs last year but she takes the crown of the most broken one of them all.

Noblige

02-23-2015

Quote:
Sz4r1ej:
Dude all you have to di build a bout 150% attacks speed and goodbye any melee champ.
Her range is a joke her attacks speed increases her movement speed she can kite from 2-3 melee champs with ease and life steal anything that could have damaged her on the way.

Shes uses minions to increase her speed, shes like a ranged Yasuo. Its a fking joke.
There have been series of broken new released champs last year but she takes the crown of the most broken one of them all.

TBH she is just a Vayne 2.0
EVERYTHING is the same bad as in a Vayne original design.

Stixxeh

02-24-2015

Her dash/jump is pretty infuriating- Even playing Rengar, after I jump on her with ulty she's able to aa away from my range within two hits, before I can even land a bola. My real issue with the jump mechanic is that it becomes way easier the more attack speed she has, making it easier to perform.. Once she hits the upper levels, not a single melee based champ will ever catch her. I've actually seen a Kalista kiting a Nasus.. when withered.. with is something I never thought I'd see >.< It should be based on current movement speed or something, so cc would still effect her.