Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Korea Voice & Writing only Ingame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cowseperino

02-07-2015

~Sorry for my poor english.

How to put Korean Voice and writing only Ingame in 30 secs, without external programs, etc, etc.
SHORT EXPLANATION:
Follow this steps.
You can open the files with a plain text editor like Notepad++ (for example).

1.- Edit this file:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\system\locale.cfg
Change "en_GB" to "ko_KR".
2.- Edit this file:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\<NUMBERS>\deploy\locale.properties
Must be written "en_GB".
Put the file in Read-Only mode (Right click > Properties > and mark it.).
3.- Edit this file:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\<NUMBERS>\deploy\DATA\cfg\defaults\locale.cfg
Change "en_GB" to "ko_KR".
4.- Note
Each time the air client start, the client will display an warning because it wants to overwrite the Read-Only file, but it lets us continue with no problems. The loading screen still in Korean, but after pressing "Start" changes to air client locale (en_GB).
5.- Enjoy
Now you can hear the korean voices and you can also write in korean in the game chat.

EXTENDED EXPLANATION (For more info):
There is not problem in the normal air client because you can write in korean, but in game client the "box" appears instead korean char.

First of all, if you dont have the korean base files already downloaded, i recomended first to change the global locale config to ko_KR to download it:
  • C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\system\locale.cfg
  • Always backup the original file and change the locale "en_GB" to "ko_KR".
  • Now launches the game and waits until the client download the korean files. You can test that all the game is in korean (for now).
  • Now close the game but dont change the global locale back to your language.

For info, there is 3 locale files, the global locale, the air client locale, and the ingame locale; paths here:
GLOBAL:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\system\locale.cfg
AIR CLIENT:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\<NUMBERS>\deploy\locale.properties
INGAME CLIENT:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\<NUMBERS>\deploy\DATA\cfg\defaults\locale.cfg

Every time the game start the global locale is copied to the other locales, so the only way to avoid this is using the Read-only mode of the files.

So with the global locale in korean, you just need to edit the air client locale, and put your language, for example "en_GB".

Now put the Read-only mode in that file: Right click > Properties > and mark it.

And when you start the client, this file cannot be overwritten with the global one. But the ingame locate will be overwritten to the korean locate, as we want.

NOTE for 5.3:
Check that the ingame locale have "ko_KR" if not write it.

Each time the air client start, the client will display an warning because it wants to overwrite the file, but it lets us continue with no problems. The loading screen still in Korean, but after pressing "Start" changes to air client locale (en_GB).

This is all, check some interesting pics:
http://i.imgur.com/p8QZPzD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/clS7QXE.png
http://i.imgur.com/522mFat.jpg

NOTE: My first attempt was to put the global locale in "en_GB" and only the ingame locale in "ko_KR" (with Read-only mode), but there is a problem with the voices, no heard.

cowseperino

02-10-2015

Test it guys, its the easy way and 100% success

cowseperino

02-13-2015

Added a short explanation . Works in 5.3, and all the futures releases.

JackSparks

Recruiter

02-13-2015

Thank you for the great work, Its just I cant open the file or it needs a program which I seem not to possess!

JackSparks

Recruiter

02-14-2015

Cowseperino , is there a chance to just have the voice and not the entire tool tip texts in korean , or is that impossible to separate! ?

Again masterpiece work my friend!

cowseperino

02-14-2015

Yes sorry, i forget to put that the files are plain text files, so you can open them with your favourite plain text editor (i use Notepad++). Just Right click > Open with... > and select your plain text editor.

I think is possible to have only the voice files if you force the client to use the korean voice files, let me prove it, and i will answer you.

Mugiwara Sensei

02-21-2015

Hi dude, thx a lot for this job !
But I have a problem with this, when i do your tutorial I just search to have korean voyce in the game, but now korean is everywere for the the name of champion for exemple, in multiplayer I can't know all pseudo in one game or learn korean name of all champion !
And now I can't write in chat "é" or "à" etc...

It's possible to have just voyce in korean,no more ?

But thx you !

Mugiwara Sensei

Mugiwara Sensei

02-21-2015

Before I have download LVOC (http://lexwah.com/lvoc/) but this application change language only on lobby when u pick a champion and not in the game. I wanted to have korean language in game and in the lobby !
U can help me ?

cowseperino

02-22-2015

Hi, this method is the easy way to have a full korean in game client, with the possibility to also write in korean.

But, if you only want the korean voice you dont need change the locale files. You need to overwrite each one of the english voice files with the korean voice files, and this is what the program you say does. I find that method a little dirty because you need to search all those files over a lot of update folders, and search the same files in the korean updates, that they are different from the english updates. Also the same file is located in different update folders, so you must be sure that the file that you copy is the newest. And every game update, you must check for any change.

As you see, is a "little bit" difficult to change only the voices, and the possibility to miss a file is real.

So, if you want i can explain you more detailed how to change the voice files manually, so you will not have to wait for the update of a program, to change it each game update .

Tenshi Benjae

02-23-2015

Quote:
Mugiwara Sensei:
Before I have download LVOC (http://lexwah.com/lvoc/) but this application change language only on lobby when u pick a champion and not in the game. I wanted to have korean language in game and in the lobby !
U can help me ?

the program changes everything you just did something wrong