Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Winning the lane, losing the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrania

02-07-2015

I'm a gold tier support player.

Now, I LOVE playing support. However, I cannot understand how you can win a game if you're a good support and if your team is bad. Ever since I had reached gold and I had a diamond player to help me learn how to play support a LOT better, I have been winning my lane nearly every ranked game. I can only remember one ranked game in the past 3 weeks where I lost botlane and strangely enough, we won that game.
But right now, I've been having typical games where I win botlane really easily and we are ahead in kills and objectives (turrets, cs, kdr, dragon stacks) and then our toplaner and jungler loses like crazy and of course, I lose my elo.

I really fail to see how anyone should win a game just because they're a good support.

Just last game, I made my adc go 5/2/3 at botlane and we got their turret, the first dragon and a lot more cs...

BUUUT our toplaner fed the living **** out of their toplaner and our midlaner fed their jungler and refused to buy wards and we lost the game ( I simply asked her 'why don't you buy a ward then? :s').

I would really appreciate some advice.

Moonacre

02-07-2015

I assume you're talking about SoloQ. Its called SOLO for a reason: it's not a team game, and supports simply doensn't have enough influence over the game to change it if one or more lanes starts to feed hard.

short version: want to carry, play solo lanes

regards
another main support gold tier player

Megafist

02-07-2015

Greetings Summoner,

We've found a way to turn a Bronze Player into a Diamond player in just 60 days.

If you're one of approximate 6 million players stuck in Bronze or Silver and just can't seem to get out --- you've come to the right place.

If you're looking to improve your skill and in-game decision making --- look no further.

If you're looking to escape from elo hell and climb the ladder to elo heaven --- this will help you.

We've developed a system that is guaranteed to increase your rating immediately.

Check it out now !

http://tinyurl.com/o9bw532

Megafist

02-07-2015

Greetings Summoner,

We've found a way to turn a Bronze Player into a Diamond player in just 60 days.

If you're one of approximate 6 million players stuck in Bronze or Silver and just can't seem to get out --- you've come to the right place.

If you're looking to improve your skill and in-game decision making --- look no further.

If you're looking to escape from elo hell and climb the ladder to elo heaven --- this will help you.

We've developed a system that is guaranteed to increase your rating immediately.

Check it out now !

http://tinyurl.com/o9bw532

Temudschinn

02-09-2015

Supports carry be picking fights that their team will win or protecting the strongest ally. Imho ist the easiest role to carry, because even a rather bad team Fan win if you get great vision+a lockdown in their carry. But even a geat team is in trouble if wards are poorly placed and their carry overextends without punishment.

Watson610

02-11-2015

Pick a support with carry potential like Annie or Fiddlesticks.

TactiDestroyer

02-11-2015

I used to think the same thing but there's little things that influence the game so much.

How often do you roam out of curiosity?

Also, what supports do you prefer to play?

Skarlandczyk

02-11-2015

Quote:
Watson610:
Pick a support with carry potential like Annie or Fiddlesticks.

or somthing like blitz that mean if u win bot hard u can carry like ur top or mid laner but iam agree with u its impossible to carry team as a suprot if u got brainlles team mateswho feed and go afk or got no brain ...