Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Avoid or get better at adc? And how?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Total Piemaster

02-07-2015

Sorry for my bad English in advance.

So I'm still kind off new tot lol. Have been playing this game for a while but not for that many games so I guess I'm still a new player since I'm playing against peole who have 300 wins while I have 12. I can play most roles decently I love bruisers so I main jungle mostly.

I have started ranked recently and when I'm last pick I always seem to get adc even if I say please don't give me adc I suck at it.

Now I want to try to be better at adc but the playstle is so diffrent from what I do in my other roles: enitiate and roam and stuff like that. So what happens when I'm adc is I just stay in lane do ok in lane untill I get towerdived or ganked by 4 people. Still I survive the laning phase pretty well and get OK farm and items. But then the teamfight phase begins. So I stay behind my team and try to attack the nearest carry when I think it's safe. But in reality I'm just running away the whole time from their Assasins and Bruisers who want to jump on top of me so I'm actually being scared and doing nothing. And everytime I try to go in I get instakilled by a Jarvan or Ahri or whatever.

So my question is should I invest time to get better at adc? Or just try to become better at the roles I'm allready OK at? And if so do you guys know good tips and or youtube channels whit good tips that I can watch. Because I,ve watched a lot and all they say is stay in behind and kite and everytime I "kite" I emeditaly get killed.

iLanaBanana

02-09-2015

well your team and especiall your supp should 'protect' you
however, many times this doesn't happen

Wanotiki

02-09-2015

It always a good idea to practice every role before you played ranked. Mostly because of the exact reason you mention. Everyone, at some point, will be last pick and forced into a specific role, so you need to be able to play each of them. You don't need to be great at all of them, just understand the basics of the lane and have 1 or 2 champions to choose from for each role.

There are 2 comments I can make about your kiting, sometimes your support will be good and able to peel the enemy away from you and protect you. But this is risky, especially in soloQ you should only rely on yourself. Never assume that your teammate will help, if they do great, but it is much safer to assume they won't.

Secondly, if you find yourself being jumped by assassins or bruisers, try to take more mobile champs like lucian, graves, ez and stay away from champions that have no dash/escape. This means you will always have a way to protect yourself and not rely on your allies.

Total Piemaster

02-09-2015

I guess it's probably best to pick safer champions like Ezreal or Corki. But I feel that if I'm using these easy escape champions I won't be able to understand how kiting really works and how you should play a adc...

So wouldn't it be better to start with a immobile champ like Kog'maw to learn how to kite? Eventhough I might fail horribly in the beginning?

DEFMUTE

02-10-2015

I think the best champion to pick when learning to play ADC is Caitlyn. She has a great escape (Dash + Slow), can lay traps to stop pursuers or people trying to get away from you, a great Q for harass and long range farm in lane and her auto attack range is very good in the first place.

Then of course it's all about practising your CS and Positioning, both in team fights and in lane.

In lane, make sure you are not taking any unnecessary minion damage when trying to trade, but always punish your opponents for coming to close to you so they can try and get some cs. And of course, make sure you're aware of the enemy's support position so you're not caught in some unnecessary cc and get killed.

In team fights, make sure you are on the back line, behind your team mates so you're able to kite their tanks and bruisers. Your team mates should be peeling for you so you're able to get some nice easy kills whilst your bruisers/assassins are able to pick off their carries.

Total Piemaster

02-10-2015

I followed your advice and I'm not really sure Caitlyn is that good for me..

Got stomped early game by another Cait and was useless for the rest of the game went 0-8-1

Played Sivir after that and went 13-6-11

noob223

02-10-2015

I guess sivir is a good champion to start with, because her early game is quite good, of course u need to get used to her spellshield but as her waveclear is so intense good, she is just able to catch up pretty quickly eventho she fell behind in the early game. Furthermore she is pretty much top tier at the moment and not that hard to play. So i would definetly recommend playing her

Total Piemaster

02-12-2015

Yeah I think I'm going to start with playing Sivir and Graves for a while cause I feel they are safe, easy to play and strong.

Cait and Trist might be safe but I also like to kill my opponent when I'm playing

This weekend my adc normals marathon will start :P

STRAD SoulShank

02-12-2015

if you want to play with a support you can add me id be more than happy to help i used to main supp but now main adc for our practiing team so offers there if you want it

Total Piemaster

02-12-2015

Thx bro I will add you tomorrow