Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

playing support, what spells should you take

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shileka

02-04-2015

as a support you're likely be told to always get exhaust, it is a good spell, but not all a support should take, i personaly use three spells as a support based on what my ADC wants

if the ADC wants the slow and damage reduction, then take exhaust

if your enemy has strong sustain and your bot lane combo has the CC to secure kills, get ignite to counter the healing and deal extra damage

if you have enough CC and there's little sustain, and you're quickly out of mana, take Clarity to allow for easy poke

vangellll

02-04-2015

In season 3 core was Heal , Exaust
In season4 core was Heal , Flash
In season 5 (aka now) Ignite , Barrier

Change is real

DEFMUTE

02-10-2015

For supports such as Annie or Karma, then ignite is probably your best bet. If you're a tanky support like Thresh or Leona then you're much better off with exhaust.

Temudschinn

02-10-2015

If the enemy team has bursty champs or champs that relie on resets, take exhaust. Eg kha, katarina, graves. Otherwise i take ingite if we can get kills on bot.

Plaguebringer D

02-11-2015

To me it depends on 4 things:
- My lane style + chosen champion (farm/poke/kill)
- Enemy botlane style/champs
- Enemy team comp (champs which really kinda require exhaust)
- Summoners picked in my team

Usually I end up with flash + exhaust, if no burst champ is in the enemy team and I do have the kill advantage I'll go with ignite.