Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Boards beta now live [forum read-only 24th February]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stuartk11

02-03-2015

Quote:
Beats29:
Draggles I will be honest with you, you're an awesome guy, most of GD likes you... but really, most people don't like the beta format... It's a ripoff of reddit, no offense... I've use the NA version sometimes because I simply had no option and I don't like it. It's damn confusing trust me.

We know you're simply doing your job and I hope you don't get the downvotes as hate to you, but as hate to the new forums. What saddens me most is that so many people complained about it, from NA and EU, and most of people said they didn't like. And Riot simply didn't care about it, they didn't change anything.

The only thing I really like a lot is being able to post on NA side and vice-versa, it allows people and Rioters to speak with everyone. But the format is horrible, and most people don't like reddit. This is a complete ripoff of reddit. I'm just being the most sincere possible, no hate to you personally.

Someone was able to communicate what I was "kinda" trying to say. I strongly agree with everything in this post, and wish I wasn't so tired as to only communicate in ramblings.

Karmoon

02-03-2015

Quote:
Schlongman Sam:
Logged in to downvote.
Riot: Killing communities one step at a time.

Are you kidding?

You can't get a thread around here without someone saying they'll have *** with your mother.

Or those endless circle jerk threads as the tweens giggle and try to figure out who it is behind the new smurf account.

That's not a community. And if it is, good riddance.

There's a lot of us here who actually want to just talk about LoL and discuss it. THAT'S why we're here. They're not the loud obnoxious ones who post, but trust me, they're the valuable part of the community.

Almost every thread starter here is some chat restricted angry kid.

Onwards and upwards. I'm gone.

Good job Riot staff. Sure I'm just one voice, but I hope you guys get this:

I think the new boards are great. Well done.

Beats29

02-03-2015

Quote:
Karmoon:
Are you kidding?

You can't get a thread around here without someone saying they'll have *** with your mother.

Try making a simple thread on reddit. I'll assure you it gets downvoted in 30 seconds.

SeptimusReborn

02-03-2015

meh whynot keep gd? i like it so far.

Karmoon

02-03-2015

Quote:
Beats29:
Try making a simple thread on reddit. I'll assure you it gets downvoted in 30 seconds.

Maybe, but I don't see what that has to do with making posts and threads on the new LoL boards.

Yes, I get your point that they're similar, but they're not actually the same thing. Different people will use them.

Beats29

02-03-2015

Quote:
Karmoon:
Maybe, but I don't see what that has to do with making posts and threads on the new LoL boards.

Yes, I get your point that they're similar, but they're not actually the same thing. Different people will use them.

The people who use reddit are lol players lol. The only thing I like on reddit is that sometimes some info is posted there before it's posted on own LoL platforms...

You can't imagine how much rage is there. Sure there are also nice people, but most is terrible and overreact with everything.

The trolls are the same here or at beta, they just exist less because people in general abandoned the forums. But that happened to both trolls and both "non-trolls". Also, while some people here are complete dicks, there also some who troll in an non offensive way.

CaitlynsBack

02-03-2015

God no, the NA one is bad enough, this board is fine

stuartk11

02-03-2015

Reddit is, without a doubt, the most pretentious place I found on the internet. Everyone who uses it thinks themselves higher than everyone else, and have ensured I stay as far from it as possible. The similarities between the boards and Reddit are noticeable to most people here, which probably means whether accidental or not, the format has been followed too closely.

Eambo

Wrenchman

02-03-2015

I dislike Reddit too, but I got used to the boards.

- Switch view order to "Recent"
- Switch discussions to "Chronological view"

And it's much like any other forum at that point. No more annoying most viewed or "discussion" reddity views ¬.¬'

Beats29

02-03-2015

Quote:
stuartk11:
Reddit is, without a doubt, the most pretentious place I found on the internet. Everyone who uses it thinks themselves higher than everyone else, and have ensured I stay as far from it as possible. The similarities between the boards and Reddit are noticeable to most people here, which probably means whether accidental or not, the format has been followed too closely.

You mean this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2d95jl/reddit_cant_possibly_be_wrong/