Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Boards beta now live [forum read-only 24th February]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

magictrader

Senior Member

02-03-2015

no...
lets just not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beats29

Senior Member

02-03-2015

Quote:
Vurdox:
Am I the only one that hates it?

It's dark and depressing and looks horrible.


What I hate more is the reddit format lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schlongman Sam

Senior Member

02-03-2015

Logged in to downvote.
Riot: Killing communities one step at a time.
First NA GD, now EUW.
Meanwhile, if there are people here who really dislike the boards theme, I'd like to invite you to another, community-made forum.
Here is the link: http://gd.ipbhost.com/index.php?/forum/4-general-discussion/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolnart

Senior Member

02-03-2015

Quote:
LordYeven:
I totally respect your opinion. At the start I disliked it too, but you get used to it.
Chronological view is there, meaning you can also get the "forum feeling".
Furthermore you have a search that works (yay), a report button which will improve moderation, the ability to track your own posts, notification about new posts and some more nice features.
I would just recommend trying it out, I myself got used to it.


Sounds good and all.

But why did it have to look like reddit?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Draggles

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotDraggles on Twitter

02-03-2015

Folks, please read the post. Those of you mentioning Reddit have not read the post The screenshots should be very relevant too!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolnart

Senior Member

02-03-2015

Quote:
Schlongman Sam:
Logged in to downvote.
Riot: Killing communities one step at a time.
First NA GD, now EUW.
Meanwhile, if there are people here who really dislike the boards theme, I'd like to invite you to another, community-made forum.
Here is the link: http://gd.ipbhost.com/index.php?/forum/4-general-discussion/


Place looks too anime, no thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

no controll

Senior Member

02-03-2015

Quote:
LordYeven:
I totally respect your opinion. At the start I disliked it too, but you get used to it.
Chronological view is there, meaning you can also get the "forum feeling".
Furthermore you have a search that works (yay), a report button which will improve moderation, the ability to track your own posts, notification about new posts and some more nice features.
I would just recommend trying it out, I myself got used to it.


notice that? ye, that doesn't mean you like it, in fact it can be an absolute ****hole, but as we don't have something else, you learned to deal with it and "maybe" got "used to it". Doesn't mean its an improvement.

No hating towards you tho, just so you know


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolnart

Senior Member

02-03-2015

Quote:
Riot Draggles:
Folks, please read the post. Those of you mentioning Reddit have not read the post The screenshots should be very relevant too!


I have read it, and I saw the boards, I could not for the love of me find a category involving random chat or general discussion without it being buried with other categories.

Why would there be a cosplaying section there?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyberRage

Senior Member

02-03-2015

Is there anyone on EUW who honestly likes the new board format? Not really anyone seems to like it on NA so it doesn't really seem appropriate to push a failed experiment on to a second platform. If anything it just works towards making everything less clear and ordered. Sometimes it's just better to admit defeat , keep the much superior format and learn from the mistakes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordYeven

Wrenchman

02-03-2015

Quote:
no controll:
notice that? ye, that doesn't mean you like it, in fact it can be an absolute ****hole, but as we don't have something else, you learned to deal with it and "maybe" got "used to it". Doesn't mean its an improvement.

No hating towards you tho, just so you know


Everything new is a bit weird at the start. With all the features it offers, not to forget the old forum style Draggles mentioned many times, I like it in fact more than this old forum.
I can assure you that I meant that I like it. This is my opinion though. But it is a bit unfair judging it so fast without trying it out.