Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Jaeger, the Undead Hunter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MacPCtheGamer

02-03-2015

Jaeger, the Undead hunter

This idea was originally posted in 18th of october 2014.
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=239853&stc=1&d=1422991503

Lore:

Jaeger, the Undead Hunter. Even the name can struck fear to other champions in League. "Born" in mysterious Shadow Isles, walking down the path of darkness, forever. Every lost poor person, who ends up on Shadow Isles, will end as a dog food or as a "Fuel" to his sword. Before, when Jaeger wasn't reborn, he was a mortal, a human hunter. Jaeger was on a quest to find the ultimate sword, that could grant its wielder immortality, an eternal life. Stories told, that that sword was in Shadow Isles.
When Jaeger came to Shadow Isles, he met Karthus, the Death Singer. The two had a peaceful conversation:
-Tell me, mortal, what brings you to Shadow Isles?
-I, Jaeger the Hunter, am on a quest for Legendary sword, Fang of Genesis. I've heard, that it is somewhere on Shadow Isles and thus, I will find it.
-Oh, you are looking for that sword? Well, I can tell you where it is, but you must remember, there is no going back from that path.
-I accept consequences. I'll pay anything to find that sword and receive eternal life
-Really? If you say so. To find the Sword, you must go north and when you find a cave, go inside
However on his quest for this sword, he lost almost everything that he had: His humanity, his freedom and his mind. Little did Jaeger know, that on the way, darkness was surrounding him faster. After he walked the path, Jaeger founded entrance to the cave and there it was, Fang of Genesis, stuck on an altar. Jaeger ran towards to the sword and pulled it up.
-YES! Finally, the Fang of Genesis is mine. Now I'll just have to get out of this isl...
Just before, when Jaeger was going to finish his words, the altar started to glow in red and green colours. Jaegers hands started to shake, his skin started to drop to ground, he heard voices inside his head and he screamed: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?
Karthus was standing in front of the cave entrance, speaking to frightened Jaeger
-Yes, indeed. You founded the sword, but you're not going to be able to leave Shadow Isles anymore in your original form, because the sword and your body are now linked. Your soul is not anymore yours, your mind is not anymore yours, you don't have mortality and humanity, its now theirs.
Jaeger crawled towards to Karthus, crying, feeling unknown pain, begging for Karthus to remove the sword and the pain.
-That link cannot be reversed, what's done is done. But I can ease your pain. Fang of Genesis needs to be feed by blood. The blood will stop those souls for a moment from causing trouble, but If you don't gather enough blood, you'll feel the same pain over and over.
-Is that it? At least give me some help for gathering blood.
-Very well. Sometime ago, two wolfs were founded dead in this island. I gathered their souls and now they'll become handy for you. Here, they are on your command. Concentrate your powers and you are able to summon them for your own business.
Jaeger learned to be immune to souls in his head. However, he got even worse side effect from it. He becomes cynical, brutal, bloodhungry and terrifying. He also learned spell, summoning hanging rope
Many years later, Jaeger joined League of Legends to gather blood to His sword.

"Think twice, before you choose something important, last thing what you want to do is to lose your humanity"
-- Jaeger

Tags:
  • Jungler
  • Assassin
  • Fighter

Stats:
  • Attack Power: 7
  • Defence Power: 8
  • Ability Power: 1
  • Difficulty: 7

Other stats:
  • Primary Role: Fighter
  • Secondary Role: Assasin
  • Health: 425 (+70 per level)
  • Max. Health: 1685
  • Helth Regen: 4.9 per second (+1 per level)
  • Max. Helth Regen: 22.9 per second
  • Attack Damage: 50 (+3 per level
  • Max. Attack Damage: 104
  • Attack Speed: 0.654 (+3% per level)
  • Max. Attack Speed: 0,978
  • Armor: 16.5 (+3.4 per level)
  • Max. Armor: 77,7
  • Magic Resist: 34 (+1 per level)
  • Max. Magic Resist: 52
  • Movement Speed: 345
  • Range: Self

Abilities:

Passive: Lust for Resource
Every time, when Jaeger damages enemy, he gets 10 Blood.
Active: When Jaeger has 100 Blood, he starts to consume them. For the next 5 seconds, every Auto attack during this time gives him health, equal of the 45% dealt damage. Jaeger's familiars can farm Blood.
"So, you deal 100 AD? You get 45 health back. Use it like any life steal items."

Q: Flesh Wound
  • Range: 650
  • Cost: None
  • Cooldown time: 15 seconds
  • Type: Non- Channeling
  • Cast-time: Instant
  • Damage: 70/95/120/145/170 (+50% AD)
  • Width: Same as Sion's Q
Jaeger spawns a ghost of an Undead Wolf for 6,5 seconds or until another ghost* is spawned (*W spell), which starts hurting and biting furiously in range (if there is any enemy at range). If there isn't, the ghost is in idle animation until enemy steps inside the range.
"Q is your main farming spell. Usual tactic is to spawn ghost in front of enemy minions, so you can easily get your 100 Blood max quickly."

W: Barking Of The Dead
  • Range: 650
  • Cooldown time: 10 seconds
  • Damage: none
  • Type: Non- Channeling
  • Width: Same as Sion's Q
Jaeger spawns a ghost of an Undead Wolfs 6,5 seconds or until another ghost* is spawned (*Q spell), which will start barking at rapid speed, stunning any enemy on range for 1 second and slowing any champ and minion for 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds (30% slower movement speed). If there isn't, the ghost is in idle animation until enemy steps inside the range. After target is stunned and slowed, enemy is marked for four seconds. During that time, enemy can't be stunned and slowed again.
"Now this is good choice, when you want to retreat. Its stun and slowing effect are good, when fleeing away. Especially in jungle, where its tight spaces and your spell just blocks enemies from moving"

E: Torture Necklace
  • Range: 550/600/650/700/750
  • Cooldown time: 15/12,5/10/7,5/5 seconds
  • Damage: Landing hit does 80/100/130/170/220 (+60% AD)
  • Type: Non- channeling
  • Width: Same as Thresh's E
Jaeger throws one of his leashes. Enemy being directly damaged by Necklace will stunned for 0.75 seconds. After stun, enemy is slowed 50% for three seconds. During this slow time, attacking Jaeger will cause him to let go from stunned enemy. When three seconds have passed, Jaeger pulls his target towards him.
"Basically, its like Threshs Death Sentence, but you can cast it while moving. Its great for hunting down your opponent"

R: Release The Hounds:
  • Range: 300 or if R used again 2000/2750/3500
  • Cost: 20% of Max Health
  • Cooldown time: 150/140/130 seconds
  • Damage: 150/175/200 (one familiar does 75/87.5/100 Magic damage) or 300/400/500, if R used for long range attacks (+100% AD)
  • Type: Channeling
  • Channeling time: 6 seconds
  • Amount of familiars health: 700/900/1100
Jaeger starts summoning by doing unique animation: Jaeger stands still for 2 seconds, says unique quote, knees down, pulls his sword up and stabs himself to stomach and bleeds 20% of max health onto ground. After that, both of his Undead Wolfs spawn around him and Jaegers two pets act as his bodyguards. Both of them have personal amount of health, have as big vision as Jaeger notice enemy champions, that are closely approaching Jaeger and attack automatically against enemies, that are inside the range. Jaeger can also launch his familiars by pushing R again and then clicking the target, they are then being sended. Familiars can automatically target enemy and be damaged, if you are fast. Push R again, when you have your ult up and click enemy that is on range. It doesn't matter, if target is out of range, when you have already sended your familiars, because they auto target enemy. Direct hit to enemy causes bleeding for 2/2.5/3 seconds (45/70/95 damage per second)(+100% AD). Familiars travel at 200% of Jaegers speed, when they are thrown away. Another Undead Dog cannot be summoned, if one of the familiars is alive. Both familiars can be damaged and killed. Familiars do magic damage.

Jaegers Familiars:
  • Gold: 45g (each)
  • Experience: 0 (each)
  • Stats:
  • Health (each): 700/900/1100
  • Damage: 150/175/200 (one familiar does 75/87.5/100 Damage)(+100% AD)
  • Long- range Damage: 300/400/500 (+100% AD)
  • Attack Speed: 0.625
  • Critical Strike chance: 0%
  • Range: Melee (Both Familiars are 300 far away from Jaeger, creating a safe zone for Jaeger)
  • Armor: 45/60/80
  • Magic Resist: 45/60/80
  • Movement Speed: Same as Jaegers
  • Look: Both familiars look like blue, glowing wolfs.

His familiars can be healed and they spot any enemy, that is trying to surprise Jaeger. Familiars vision is as big as Jaegers.
Familiars are counted as minions, so Smite works.
Fun fact: if you are killed, while doing your animation, your cooldown starts.

Personality:

Because of the link between Jaeger and his sword, his personality changes, when he is on battlefield. Having experience, he's a professional hunter and always careful. However, Jaegers dark side, caused by link of his and 'Fang's' soul. When this happens, he becomes cynical, brutal, bloodhungry and terrifying, both to his team mates and to his enemies.

Quotes, taunts and others:

When selecting:
  • 'They shall wish they didn't interfere with us'

When moving:
  • 'Run while you can, but they don't call me hunter for nothing'
  • 'Sleep well'
  • 'Dogs hear everything, even your last pray'
  • 'Onward'
  • 'Follow me'
  • 'Right'
  • 'Roger'

While Attacking:
  • 'Bleed for me'
  • 'Die'
  • 'Take this'
  • 'Taste my sword'

Joke:
  • 'Nice feeding you have there... You must be new here'

Special interaction with other champions

Pantheon on same team and standing near:
  • 'We'll be the dream team, from heaven and hell'

Udyr or Ahri standing near to him, when R is on use:
  • 'Looks like hunting season is open'

Ahri standing near:
  • 'You sound so cute when you scream. Lets hear it again'

Leona standing near:
  • 'Your light is temporar, darkness is eternal'

Jarvan standing near:
  • 'All kingdoms have fallen, yours is not exception'

Vayne, Rengar and Kha'Zix standing near:
  • 'Welcome to annual HunterCon 2015. Did you bring your hunting trophies?'

While taunting:
  • 'This sword is feed on blood... On YOUR blood to be presice'

Upon using Q:
  • 'It's just a flesh wound, nothing serious'
  • 'You're almost dead, so give up'
  • 'Cant follow me now, can you?'
  • 'Sees him'

Upon using W:
  • 'You're not wished to be here'
  • 'Authorized personel only'
  • 'Say hi to my pet'
  • 'Wubwubuwubwubwubwubwubwubwwubwuwbuwuu'

Upon using E:
  • 'Coward. Come back here'
  • 'I'll add your neck to my menu'
  • 'Heads will roll'
  • 'Got'cha'

While channeling R:
  • 'Do you want to see a magic trick?'

Upon using R:
  • 'Do you wish to be devoured alive? Because now is your chance'
  • 'You're nothing but a dogfood. And now you're dogsh*t'
  • 'I have so much power'
  • 'Lets have fun'
  • 'Come on, they don't bite'

Towards Darius:
  • 'Darius, lets do so called hi-five'

Towards Karthus:
  • 'Karthus, when do I get a pony?' (Referencing to Hecarim's Arcade skin)

When one wolf dies:
  • 'Omega/Alpha, noooo'

When second wolf dies:
  • 'Well this sucks'

Upon dying:
  • 'Noooo'
  • 'My immortality'
  • 'My dreams'

Dance:
Square dance spin twice and then clap to his hands

Laugh:
Madman laugh

Animation: While recalling
Spawns one of his undead dogs, pull out a ring and makes his familiar to jump through the ring

Animation: Walking
Jaeger marches, but keeps his head little bit down.

Animation: Dying
Jaeger jumps few feets back, is about to fall on his back but in mid air and turns into dust. His sword gets stuck on the ground

Animation: Taunting
Jaeger tries to clean his sword, but blood doesn't go off. After that, he just acts like 'eh' and stabs the air.

Relations:

Jaeger is lone wolf and usually goes challenging other champions alone, because he needs fresh blood to his sword. During his rampage after he got out of Shadow Isles, he caused genocide and mass murdering. This caused him to make powerful enemies:
Udyr, for mocking the Spirit Walker's wise and powers
Jarvan IV, for disgracing Demacias might and glory
Leona, for insulting the power of sun and light

Friends:
  • Karthus

Rivals:
  • Udyr
  • Leona
  • Jarvan IV

Uses:

Jaeger is close range champion, that is perfect for surprise attacks and farming. Because his Lust for Resource grants him to get health back by damaging enemy champions and minions, he is powerful enough to defend single lane by himself alone. Jaeger is also good for jungling and bullying.
His Q is good for farming and quickly getting 100 Blood.
His W is exellent for escaping from enemies
His E is handy for mid-range attacking and to prevent low health enemies from escaping away to safety. Also, for ganking.
His R is most powerfullest way to grind gold from enemies and is best tactic for defending an entire lane alone, because both Jaegers familiars have their personal health bar and they attack automatically close approaching enemies, thus making it hard for enemies to gank opposite Jaeger. Also, pushing R again, while you have your ult up, Jaeger can send his pets towards enemies. This is one of only ways to attack long range enemies.

Play style: Offensive
When playing on offensive, have a support, that you are having a voice chat with, and try to bully enemy champions from killing your minions. Also, its recommended, that your support is a champ, that has stun like abilities (Lux's Q is helpful) and rince and repeat until you hit level six. If your support is under attack, use E to grab enemy and then use W to slow them down and give cover to your support, until he/she has ran away. If you're mana or health is low, that is where your passive, 'Lust for Resources' becomes handy. Start farming, because you only need target to trigger your passive, not just enemy champ but a minion works too. When you hit enemy, he is marked. Hit him three times and retreat to safety.

Play style: Defensive
Just like Offensive style, have a support. But that doesn't mean, that you can't be support too. Using your R to keep enemies away from farming, E to keep them away from your team/pushes and Q and W to give cover for your team to retreat, Jaeger could be as versatile as Azir, in terms of abilities and passive.

Play style: Team Fights
Use R, when you feel safe and approach team fights by using E against enemy, that is escaping. Your both familiars will target the same enemy, dealing enormous amount of damage. If enemy uses flash to escape, just target the enemy and send your familiars off. After that, run away, and if you're being followed by enemies, use your W to slow them down and to give you extra time to escape.

Jaeger's Speciality: Escaping
  • Without R: Jaeger has two spells designed for escaping: His Q and W, both having instant cast time. When being chased by numerous people, using W quickly to stun and slow them will give you enough time to go ahead. If there are other enemies or a jungler coming to your way, damage them with your Q and you might be able to 1V1 jungler. If there are more than one, quickly look for a jungle monster to use your E on.
  • With R: Try to trick your opponents minds. Going inside a bush to make them think twice before coming too close. If one does come enough close, use W to stun and slow the enemy and then finish him off. After that, run away to jungles or inside your turrets range.

Weaknesses:
  • His ult makes him to sacrifice some health of his own, so its risky to use it inside enemy territory.
  • When Jaeger throws his Familiars for long range attacks, he is vulnerable to attacks.
  • If players want to deal with Jaeger, two players use smite to his both familiars, which will leave holes to his defense.

How to counter:

Early game is important and if you have Jaeger against you in same lane, prevent him from farming by bullying. DO NOT LET JAEGER GAIN KILLS! Approach as team and if you spot Jaeger, performing ult, alert team mates or start attacking. Your enemy can not move or attack, while casting ult. Also, try to be on higher level than Jaeger, because Smites damage increases, and can insta kill his familiars.

Recommended items: Offensive
When buying items from shop, here's the recommended offensive items:
  • Morellonomicon
  • The Black Cleaver
  • The Bloodthirster

Recommended items: Defensive
When buying items from shop, here's the recommended defensive items:
  • Trinity Force
  • Zhonya's Hourglass
  • Banshee's Veil

If used correctly, Jaeger could be powerfull champion in Summoners rift.

Trivia
  • Jaeger's familiars: After Jaeger has summoned his Undead Wolfs, his ultimate is on use, until both familiars are dead or Jaeger is killed. After that, ultimates cooldown starts and lasts 150/140/130 seconds. dogs
  • Jaeger: Originally, he would have a dark, long cape and a broken armor. Also his overall looked more damaged. This was changed so he would have looked more better. There was also a concept art, depicting him with a Grim Reaper-ish look and Jaeger would not have a sword as his main weapon, but a hanging rope. This hanging rope was changed from main weapon into E.
  • Lore: Jaeger's original Lore was very different: He was part of hunter tribe, that fought against ninjas. Both (hunters and ninjas) also tried to find a sword, that could give immortality to wielder. Everyone died, but Jaeger touched the sword, before dying and he got the ability.
  • Passive: Originally, Jaeger's passive relied on critical hits to be activated. This was changed, because it didnt fit into Jaeger's abilities. Also, it's name was originally "Blood Thirst"
  • Abilities: Jaeger's four abilities and his passive's are reference to something about dogs.
    Passive: Originally caused bleeding. Also, familiars trigger its regen effect.
  • Q: Jaeger spawns a ghost of an Undead Wolf, which starts hurting and biting furiously in range (if there is any enemy at range)
  • Same thing with W, except it stuns and slows for a while
  • E: Torture Necklase is a dangerous dog accessorie, that is putted at the end of a leash. It works simiarly as hanging rope and mostly used on dogs that dont listen to their owner and resist it. It can cause massive damage and even death to dogs.
  • R: Jaeger's idle animation while ultimate is on use is a reference to dog walking leash, that is attached to a belt.

Afterword:

What do you think about Jaeger, the Undead Hunter? I'm not sure if this combo already exists, but it would be nice to see this to get into popular Champion. There might be some nerfing for him, but I'll consider it. Thanks for reading this idea, I hope you liked it. It would be appreciated, if someone would comment about Jaeger, so please, do it. Also, check Jaegers look and give a feedback about the picture, and if you feel like something should be nerfed or buffed, tell me.

Jaeger Wallpaper 2.jpg

MacPCtheGamer

02-05-2015

Any feedback, guys?

RandomDwarf16

02-05-2015

Hey MacPCtheGamer: Nice Icon

But, I realy like your idea, and I understand this was posted a prety long time ago, before Azir was out. You know what I am saying he looks a lot like azir but with a different way to it. Spawning wolf that can deal damage or CC enemies and then the chain/leas it is realy cool, but I don`t know if league needs an other spawner. None of a less I still like the idea and will vote you up.

One thingy, the passive is a bit to plain. I would change it maybe more gameplay action or something else in the tracks of a bloody playstyle

RandomDwarf16

02-05-2015

Hey MacPCtheGamer: Still a Nice Icon

I find it weird he scales with Ap, I mean bitting someone would be something more like Ad damage, and we already have an ap spawner: Azir.

MacPCtheGamer

02-07-2015

Quote:
RandomDwarf16:
Hey MacPCtheGamer: Nice Icon

But, I realy like your idea, and I understand this was posted a prety long time ago, before Azir was out. You know what I am saying he looks a lot like azir but with a different way to it. Spawning wolf that can deal damage or CC enemies and then the chain/leas it is realy cool, but I don`t know if league needs an other spawner. None of a less I still like the idea and will vote you up.

One thingy, the passive is a bit to plain. I would change it maybe more gameplay action or something else in the tracks of a bloody playstyle

Thanks for your feedback. I am going to change him from AP spammer into AD one. Also about his passive, it works basically like Rek sais passive. Like Rek'Sai gets rage from hitting multiple enemies, Jaeger can get more blood by using Q. This means that his Q is Jaegers main Blood farming ability.

RandomDwarf16

02-15-2015

Hey I am back: MacthePcGamer
So you did change your scalings now I looks to me much more like a blood thursty, wolves spawming champion
and I think that was what you are going for, the passive seems fine to me. Now lets just hope Riot will look at this, that is all you can do (quite said thou)

MacPCtheGamer

02-21-2015

Quote:
RandomDwarf16:
Hey I am back: MacthePcGamer
So you did change your scalings now I looks to me much more like a blood thursty, wolves spawming champion
and I think that was what you are going for, the passive seems fine to me. Now lets just hope Riot will look at this, that is all you can do (quite said thou)

Thanks for feedback and sorry if I havent responded. Ive been busy alot and I apologise. There are some problems like grammar mistakes and outdated info about Jaeger, mainly about play style and trivia. Jaeger is actually older project that ive had. I started the core idea, which is a hunter with two pets, in the early 2014. But he would have looked like a chinese farmer. After that, I made the second prototype, the grim reaper ish look. Btw, reason why I was busy was that I was reworking my other champion suggestion. Now, we have to wait for Rito to look to this Champion Suggestion.
PS: Ive noticed that Reaper from incoming game Overwatch looks similiar to my Jaeger. "I'm not even mad, that's amazing"