Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Keyboard unresponsive after switching application

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sellion Illuma

02-02-2015

After switching application I can't control my champion, recall, or enter the menu by pressing escape but I can still open the chat by pressing return and chat just fine. Reopening the game fixes it.

Reproducing the bug:
* Enter a game
* Right click a place on the map after the spawn wall goes down
* Immediately switch application (CMD + TAB)
* Switch back to LoL
* Press B, Q, W, E, R, 1, 2, 3, 4, Escape without receiving any visual or auditory feedback of it.
* Right click and the champion will not move
* Everything still moves as usual in game
* Press return and the chat opens and you can chat
* CMD + ALT + ESC to force quit LoL
* Press reconnect in client
* Game opens and everything works normally again after reconnecting

One weird thing I've noticed is that I can switch application during the game without losing control of my champion but it happens a lot about 0:20 in game. (Maybe it's just the first time but I don't know.)
It has happened about 4-5 times and I have only experienced it in the past week.

LoL Specs
LoL Version: 5.2.15_01_26_15_32
Fullscreen: yes
Resolution: non-native resolution

System Specs
Computer: MacBook Air
CPU: 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Logs
You can download my recent logs here: http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/lolkeyboardbugmaclogs
alternative link:
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/0646bb92926aecb6022b990f892c2a9420150203014337/6671012605304d61eaed1a452be9428020150203014337/2ef6a5#

SaftigGrün

02-03-2015

I know this kind of error, what i have noticed is that the above error only occurs when you switch back to LoL by clicking on the LoL Icon in the Dock... But when you switch back to LoL as you tabbed out, it should work fine (without the need of force-quitting).

CptFixit

02-04-2015

That's a very interesting bug and I applaud you for the great amount of information you provide. Excellent work on your part!

The best thing you can do is also submit all this information to support through -> http://support.leagueoflegends.com/

The problem is that these forums are mostly by players for players, so Riot Support will most likely not pick up on your bug report.

Sellion Illuma

02-04-2015

Quote:
SaftigGrün:
I know this kind of error, what i have noticed is that the above error only occurs when you switch back to LoL by clicking on the LoL Icon in the Dock... But when you switch back to LoL as you tabbed out, it should work fine (without the need of force-quitting).

That's interesting, I also get the bug when I cmb + tab back.

Quote:
CptFixit:
That's a very interesting bug and I applaud you for the great amount of information you provide. Excellent work on your part!

The best thing you can do is also submit all this information to support through -> http://support.leagueoflegends.com/

The problem is that these forums are mostly by players for players, so Riot Support will most likely not pick up on your bug report.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try submitting a bug report to the support then.

Azriphale

02-05-2015

i have this problem too and i found out that clicking enter as in typing in chat and then pressing enter again solves the problem until the next time i switch tabs. hope it helps ^_^