Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need a Coach for Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armanbai

02-01-2015

TL;DR on bottom, skip all this if u are lazy!
Hello everyone, I'm Armanbai lvl 25 and i play all roles except jungle (for now). As many of you know at around levels 20-29 players get mixed with level 30's and it sometimes completely screws the match. Obviously level 20 ryze main is not good versus lets say silver 1 karthus. Generally (but not always) players below level 30 are not as good as any player who is lvl 30 (except some people who just got lvl 30 or obtained 30 by losing alot). Same issue happened with me. Recently I tried following your advices, which are: focus on very few (1-3) champions and try to main them. It significantly increased my play on mechanical level. My Top lane selected champion is Renekton.
I played few renekton games (~20?) for last couple of weeks and I must say it is really working. Usually by 10th minute I get enough farm (~100 by) have 0-1 kills depending on enemy champion (assuming oppnent is not completely brain dead) and enough gold to buy tiamat/brutalizer + few wards, T1 boots by that time.
Recently I had a game versus gold 3 rengar and I did a good job laning versus him. Maybe rengar wasnt his main, but i also had win vs Silver riven (counter play ) and many level20-25s. I lose 50% of my games right now. 30% Because of stronger top/jungle opponent, 10% Because of enemy early dragon/tower, 10% because of other reasons (afk, trolls, stronger players in other lanes/weaker players in other lanes).
All in all I'm getting better with Renekton and top lane. You can rarely see me miss a minion, dont put ward in correct time, dont roam enough or fail double E escape. Altho I die alot if enemy laner is as experienced in his champion as i am in mine or just more experienced (because they usually know their champion good, as well as my champion). I know how to lane versus many different types of laners like pokers, bullies, passive farmers, burst/all-in and duelists/auto-attackers.
So now to my issue: i need a coach preferably platinum +, but if you are confident in yourself i dont care if you will be even level 20. I need a player who possesses many different top lane playstyles. Someone who could poke me with mundo, bully with riven or as new meta fashion cassiopeia, lissandra, leblanc (apc solo laner).
You don't need to know all these specific champions, 2-3 of ANY top lane champions is enough. I want to learn to lane vs different enemies. I want you to point out on my mistakes, like engaging when skills are on cooldown (nah, i dont do it, just example) etc.
I might need few different players to lane vs, so dont stop posting that you can help after you see me accepting someone else's offer.
TL;DR i need decent top lane mains, who can play different styles who will play vs me in customs and guide.

Jînx Bot

02-01-2015

Hey,
I just shot you a friend request. I can help you improve and hone your current skills, and teach you more. No, I'm not a high ranking player, so no; I do not play with the top 100 players. However, I do understand the game and able to explain the micro and macro side in a an articulate manner.

I won't cram anything down your throat or force you to play in a specific way or learn any specific champions. If you have any problems with what I say, then I'll let you speak your mind.

Anyway, send me a message or something if you're interested. If you're not, or unhappy with anything I say, feel free to un-add me.

IGN: Jînx Bot

DEFMUTE

02-10-2015

Not a top lane main, but I can certainly play it. Feel free to add me.

InadequateGuru

02-10-2015

Same here, not a pro player but I've been playing since seaon 2(?) or something. I used to main top so I could give you some help in that regard, we could go in a practice match + skype (if you want) ?

Send me a friend invite if you desire my help!

Good luck!

TLI Jericho

02-11-2015

Not a top main but i'm plat 4 and i go top when my main role (mid) is taken so if you need any advice/help send me a friend invite and i'll try to help you out.