Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comebacks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ministras

01-31-2015

Hello everybody, i am silver 1 player which has just started playing ranked games a month ago, and i noticed that people dont like surrendering in ranked games too much. I am ofcourse talking about these games where you are heavily behind:

0-3 towers taken, while enemy team has 5+
0 dragons enemy team have all of them
ridiculous score like 4-15 or more
5v5 is lost every time

Yet people wait for these magical moments called comebacks, yet in this month in 30+ games there hasnt been a single, yes a SINGLE big comeback, and a very few close games. So why are people afraid to press yes and go on with other games without wasting another 5-15 minutes for the same screen called defeat?

and before you start bashing about my low rank, i have a good amount of experience in LOL: i played over 2k normal games, i get matched against platinums, diamonds, sometimes golds in normals, gold platinums in ranked game, i started playing from before S1.

CptFixit

02-01-2015

Personally I don't like surrendering because I want to see things through to the end.

I don't believe in magical turnabouts, I want to grant my opponents the chance of actually blowing up the nexus themselves instead of just swaggering out of there at 20mins to start my next game.

Sffc

02-01-2015

Depends on the situation, I mostly use late-game champions (Leona, Blitz, Tristana, Malzahar, Veigar, Cho'Gath, Lee Sin [his Q and Ult combo is amazing to peel a bruiser away or to kick a carry into your team, that's why I'm considering him "late" game], etc)

Some people are like "ff 20" when you're 5 minutes in and your team has a Vayne a Cho and a Yi..

xjulesiox

02-02-2015

If you can stall for a long time & they can't towerdive at inhib turrets for example & get out with no casualties then you can keep the game going & potentially outscale based on team comp - some games it is obvious when you have lost, but the more you play the more this is apparent.

Others you can be behind & the enemy team can be overconfident & you can catch them out with a good initiate then take 2-3 towers off the back of it etc, basically never give up & don't flame then you have a much better chance of turning things around.

CptFixit

02-03-2015

So in the end, what do we deem to be worse?

A) Players who keep denying a surrender, wanting to play it until the end?

B) Players who AFK, rage or spam /surr after they say the game is lost?

Personally, my vote is "B".

Sffc

02-06-2015

I actually had a funny match yesterday. I was Malzahar against a smurfing LeBlanc. My Jungler, Lee Sin decides that he wants to gank, so I bait LB. LB tower dives me and Lee stays in the bush, I die, then Lee goes in, and Tower Dives LB. Double Kill.

From that point on I was playing super safe, farming just under the turret, only poking from a distance, basicly turtling up. Whenever I saw LB leave the lane I'd ping. Lee kept trying to fight the enemy jungler, Master Yi near my lane. Even though I told him 40 times not to do so, and to go back, especially when LB was coming to him, he'd ignore and feed LB even further.

The bot and the top were also fed as ****.

About 20 minutes in we refused to surrender and the enemy LB said that her team was so fed that she was going to build tank. How tanky? Full Rod of Ages. We were still getting our asses kicked though.

In the super late game we caught up in gold. And since I was malzahar I just stood back and defended (we only had 1 turret and no inibs) while my team pushed. LB came to kill me, she died. Yi came to win, he died. My team won 4v3 and won the match.

So ye, comebacks are possible if the enemy is retarded

STRAD SoulShank

02-12-2015

in my promotion to SV last season team asked to surrender two people (i was one0 said no, we had them at our nexus towers, i pentad with awesome support peels, infact it was all my supp i pushed 2 towers and inhib and killed the nexus as jinx ignoring minions using them to hp refil only and won it, thats why people don't like surrendering.