Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thinking of quitting ...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Honuz

02-01-2015

Just to know .. how many report do you "distribute" per game .. average ?

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

02-01-2015

something between 0 and 1. Maybe one every 3 games...or less.

The average players gets 2-5 reports per 100 games. Flamers/Players with CR often get up to 20-50 or more reports per 100 games.
Toxic players make up about 1-5% of the community, the rest can be considered "average" (lets forget about the positive players for now).

Now you can calculate how many reports people distribute on average (roughly)

Honuz

02-01-2015

Allright, i got a similar experience than you then, i give between 0 and 1 per game. In fact i think that the main thing that annoy me is the pleasure i can have in a good game (winning or not) vs pain in a bad one... and seeing that it's most of the time caused by one or two players only. And i imagine what it would be without these players..

Thanks again for giving me answers, i'll do not take more of your time... thanks ..

SmB Koji

02-01-2015

I rarely have a game without having to report someone. From the 0/10/2 feeder and the perma flamer I've got muted since the first blood, there is always someone toxic. More, I'm not like these guys who don't report an enemy feeder coz they won thanks to him, so I frequently report people in the enemy team too.
So I'd say from 1 to 3 every game.

Lady Lothiriel

02-02-2015

^This seems to correlate with certain of Riot's statistics. Players with a history of being negative (i.e. with a CR etc.) seeing more negativity themselves.

Positive players do report less and see less negativity.

Honuz

02-02-2015

Lady, well it pretty obvious.. since people that are seeing negativity do "react" to it. Saying things like "I'll report you".. will generate "counter report".
I always (well 90% of the time) say when i report someone and why i do it, this certainly generate a lot of "counter report"... while i suppose (hard to say since it's me) that i'm not a negative player.
So the connection between being reported and reporting is not that simple.

I never report a player that does 0/10, i do it IF he critisize or insult other players.. like the last game
Vayne : "What the **** Morgana are you doing ?"
Morga : ""
Vayne : "You're really a noob"
Vayne : "Go afk, stop playing Morga"
.. more more..

Then end game, Morga 3/2/16, Vayne 6/7/2 .... see, Vayne was agressive for nothing => reported for bad attitude.

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

02-02-2015

Quote:
I always (well 90% of the time) say when i report someone and why i do it, this certainly generate a lot of "counter report"... while i suppose (hard to say since it's me) that i'm not a negative player.

If you think this theory is true, why not just stop doing it? Is it so important to rub it in peoples faces that you will report them? Why do you do that? (If your example is just hypothetical, forget what I just wrote).

Additionally: No, thats not the reason. Toxic players tend to have a very negative attribution style (sorry, couldn't find a better translation of the german technical term "negativer Attributionsstil&quot, which means they see bad intentions as the main cause for bad things that are happening, not external factors. This causes them to be aggressive towards those people (which causes them to be reported) and also makes them think the other people did this intentional (which causes them to report other people).
Thats where this correlation comes from, it's a well researched psychological effect.

Wolf315

02-02-2015

Well, considering Humple is an aram only(mostly) player, it's pretty obvious he handles a lot less reports than a player of other modes.

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

02-02-2015

Quote:
Wolf315:
Well, considering Humple is an aram only(mostly) player, it's pretty obvious he handles a lot less reports than a player of other modes.

Right now, not in general. I study a lot right now, so i don't want to concentrate too much when i am playing to relax --> I play aram mostly.
Trust me, i know the **** that is going on in normals and rankeds. I was not referring to aram. I am not sure if i ever reported someone in Aram.

Honuz

02-02-2015

Yes Humple you're right, i feel that i have to say when i report players to be "cleaner". I do not do it to excite them more, just like in real life.. when i got something against someone i always say it, i think (perhaps it's a bad idea) that it will lead to a less hypocritical world.
Your translation is good, i understand it, yes some players see (sometimes i do it mtself certainly too) negatives intentions where there's not.
Just played a game, last pick take top while top was already taken... (teemo was, Panthe last pick goes to)...
The man ruined the game... i reported him, what can i do .. just let it go ? He does it on pupose because he said in game "No i'm top" ... it was certainly a very young player. I reported him, again "bad behavior". He could have tried to solve the mistake .. no.

Aram is pretty special, i do not play it generally.. but mostly ranked 5vs5.