Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thinking of quitting ...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Honuz

01-31-2015

Hi all,

I like the game, but i'm really fed up of insults, sometimes against me but most of the time between players ...
The thing is that i got really no pleasure playing after there were some insults.. it totaly ruin the game for me. Why not making special matchmarking with only people that got a "good reputation" ? Something really transparent... you got a reputation.. you play with people that got one near your. You insult .. then you play with these kind of players. Better, in a team you put "low reputation" players and in the other one .. "High reputation".. the game will selfclean.

Edit : correction (Sorry englihs is not my native language)

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

01-31-2015

Google "prisoner island LoL" and you will find a lot of threads where people explain why seperating players based on behavior is a bad idea.

Honuz

01-31-2015

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i've just read some infos bout "prisoner island LoL".
The idea i talk about is not two "islands".. there are no islands. Imagine each player having a "Attitude note", depending on honors, reports.. (equation to be found) they'll play with players that got a similar note +10/-10. That make a virtually infinite number of groups...
If the note goes between 0 and 1000 .. you get 880 "sliding" groups.
You play cool and fun ... you go up, you insult and troll .. you go down.

Dame

01-31-2015

So you want to quit just cause some scrubs said something bad about you? You should quit if irrelevant things like that brothers you.
Meanwhile there are close to no balance between champs, and yet you complain about nonsense things like that...

Honuz

01-31-2015

Quote:
Dame:
So you want to quit just cause some scrubs said something bad about you? You should quit if irrelevant things like that brothers you.
Meanwhile there are close to no balance between champs, and yet you complain about nonsense things like that...

I suppose you did not read my first post.
I feel that champs are pretty well balanced, taken appart some "cases".. but what does it have to do with this thread ?

Lys Shallia

01-31-2015

Unfortunately people like :

Quote:
Dame:
You should quit if irrelevant things like that brothers you.

.. are pretty much the norm in LoL.

There's nothing you can do about it considering that Riot is more busy giving bans to people having connexion or real life issues. The best thing you can do is :
- Either play with friends and instant/mute the enemy team.
- Don't play with friends and mute everyone at the start.

Though I wouldn't recommend it if you don't want to be constantly reported for "no communication" or "negative attitude", which I find funny when most of them have been insulting from the very pre-game. Anyway I've honestly been having a good game experience when I decided to do that.

Honuz

01-31-2015

Thanks Lys, that's a constructive reply.. i was worried ..
You are right .. i mute more and more people at start and plan on building my team to avoid these behaviors. I'm also muting people in the post game chat to not "ear" them again. Well ... i suppose the team is the only real good option. Thanks for taking time to reply..

Ninja Serb

01-31-2015

I'm all for polite and fair treatment between players but in all honesty people need to drink a tall cup of "stop being a girl" juice. How do people go outside of their house at all these days when everything offends them? When one of my colleagues screw up at work and I end up looking like an idiot in front of the client what do you think I do? Get offended? Report my colleague? No, man up handle the situation and then go yell at my colleague and we continue working together happily. League is just a game people, the crazies that flame and go nuts while they are losing, this game is their life. Don't get mad at them, pity them cause this is all they know... and their parents basement.

Humpelstilzche

Senior Emissary

02-01-2015

Thats how it should be but not how it is. You should never base your argumentation on an utopian assumption, but on the actual situation (aka reality).
And realitiy is, that there are a lot of people out there who are stressed, emotional unstable, depressed or vulnerable because of age, gender, work, private life and thousands of other reasons they can't control. Ignoring this doesn't lead anywhere.
Of course these people SHOULD not be so stressed/depressed/etc, but thats not reality, thats just utopian fantasy. And although LoL is a fantasy game, the people here are still 100% real...with all their flaws and shortcomings.

Honuz

02-01-2015

Hello guys,

Thanks Ninja, Humpelstilzche, your points are very good... i've thought of them but their attitude always goes past the idea of staying cool. You're right, i'll try to be cooler even if they insult, i'll certainly gain something for me in it.