Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[5.2] What mana regen items do you buy on AP casters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Im2be

01-30-2015

During season 3 and 4, I always bought either chalice or tear for my mana problems at the start of the game. But a lot of people think (or so i've heard) that chalice has gotten much worse during the last few patches.
What mana regen item do you buy at the start of an ARAM game?

Bonus question: Why exactly has chalice gotten worse?

V31751

01-30-2015

Well, chalice costs so much now so I might think that is the "getting worse" part when you cannot catch any AP with it. Yea you can take that support item that gives 5 AP at the start but it is not worth the money.

I personally prefer tear + doran start on any AP I play exp. Heimerdinger when I want to pick that 50% regen thing that builds into Morello. Sometimes I do pick tear on him and it is ok. SO I would say tear + doran is the right pick on any AP caster. Hell, I even run tear on my Panth!

Nerf Mister Yi

01-31-2015

Tear+Morellos on most AP's with 1-2 Clarities on the team is what I usually do.

Starting with Chalice now is so garbage.

Yakumi

02-01-2015

I love Athene's Unholy Grail... Its passive makes your mana regenerate really fast :>

kawaii red

02-01-2015

Tear is a no-brainer. But honestly I like to start off with a Catalyst the Protector; mainly because it gives you a nice chunk of mana + health, has the lvl up passive AND builds to RoA. So tankiness c:

E:

Quote:
Yakumi:
I love Athene's Unholy Grail... Its passive makes your mana regenerate really fast :>

I've been avoiding it in ARAM xD I should buy it more often then!

xunknownlordx

02-02-2015

Personally I often start with a chalice of harmony, boots and a health pot. In this wayI immediately have the mana regen, magic resistance, some movement speed, and a pot for when my health gets low. On my first death I usesually immediately upgrade my chalice of harmony to an athene's unholy grail for the ability power and cooldown reduction.