Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you play against agressive toplaners (Darius,Pantheon etc)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr StealYourKill

01-28-2015

Hey, I've decided to main toplane this season with mostly Irelia, Sion and Jax but playing against those super agressive early game champions make my lane a living hell. I always feed against them and when i afk under turret I lose atleast soo much farm that I end up with 2 to 3 levels behind.
How do I play against them ?
The only think I could think of is to play teemo and be an even bigger hell to face but that gets boring after a while.

o0Kushh0o

Recruiter

01-29-2015

bumpppppppppp

DragonOverlord

01-30-2015

Play Lissandra against those kind of champions.

Also practice farming under tower. Irelia has a really easy time at this so there is no excuse for missing CS. You can Q to CS, E them to stun and walk away so they don't hit you. You can wave clear with your Ult when you want to B, or just to get your HP back. You have tons of sustain. And unless you are really far behind (which you shouldn't be, see above), they can't tower dive you because of your stun.

Basically even if you can't win the lane in the traditional sense Irelia has the tools to stay in lane and stay safe, and the tools to bait and turn a losing fight. And she outscales Darius and Pantheon hugely in late game.

S3XAS

01-30-2015

Panthi will lose to irelia after lvl 6. Unless he builds tank but then he will lose after lvl 11.(still can't deal with him) take ignite for him or exaust.(if u losing to him form lvl 1 in lane then u can't create pressure top lane on him so) If he ultis and gets kills in other lane nothing u can do really. Hope he will fail.

Darius is total **** outside lane try to grab few kill in with roams ( if u create problems in other lanes then your team will give u time by not losing to outscale him late game) with jax or irelia.

Agatorion

02-01-2015

This guys dont have sustain and it's their weak point so use it and counter by picking sustain tanky champions

Ajvanho

02-05-2015

For panth get some tanky items , and then go your core ad items , and always start with cloth + 5 pots , he will stay out of mana fast . For daryus change champions

MordredWormed

02-05-2015

cloth 5, or flask if you are gonna run oom are a must against lane bullies, when u get harassed early on lane will mostly push towards your tower, dont get too low and sacrifice few cs until it gets under your turret, then you can get every single one with Irelia's q, if you are pushed all the time your jungler should be aware, if your minions are pushing you will have their backup, get to the turret and back so it doesn't freeze or stay and try a bait if you have jungle backup, Darius, Pantheon or Fiora are completely inmobile while Riven or Renekton can escape ganks with cooldowns up.

Funeh91

02-13-2015

hmmm I always play Sion very aggresive early game, so I dont see the problem with him. I think he is very strong early if you can hit your E Q W combo

Wuts0n

02-13-2015

Take tp, kill the wolves, (u can die there as sion, dw, the enemies will get nothing), recall to base, tp to lane, have a Level advantage.
This does not solve all of your problems but its ok to have a level advantage.