Will Riot be adding different settings to help improve computer performance in game?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The last Petunia

24-05-2011

Well since my laptop has been trolling recently, I've been having to play some games (5v5s) with under 25fps, which as you should know is pretty well, laggy.

I play with minimum settings and sound off to increase computer performance and reduce chances of lagging/disconnecting in a game, but some days this just isn't enough.

My ISP speed is poor; I receive around a 2mb download speed (NEVER go with TalkTalk) and my father really doesn't want to pay any more, so I either get a job or stick with the awful speed.

Any way, will Riot be making any more updates to LoL which can further increase the performance in-game?

Bowila

24-05-2011

25 fps, really? Wat.

The last Petunia

24-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowila View Post
25 fps, really? Wat.
Well the last ranked game I was playing with 8-15fps.

Gonna defrag my laptop now tbh.

Bowila

24-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last Petunia View Post
Well the last ranked game I was playing with 8-15fps.

Gonna defrag my laptop now tbh.
Just realised you guys were talking about laptops. But still 8-15 fps, really? My little brothers laptop, which i've had to take along to LAN party's since my desktop really doesn't fit into my bagpack. And it plays fine with 50+ fps.

xOois

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-05-2011

My computer is bad as well, (or mostly just the graphic card) and I*m chilling @ 30 FPS with the lowest graphic. Sucks :/

Dondy

24-05-2011

well, LoL used to run fine on netbook-type hardware; dunnoh how they managed to cludge it up but they don't seem to care enough about quality.

i didn't mind tho, since i got a new laptop with sufficient horsepower - which broke lately so now i'm back to whining :P

Gral

24-05-2011

Yeah also cant play on my notebook anymore.
Just on my desktop.

Wouldnt mind to play with no effects at all. But i would love to play

Stopped playing on notebook because my perfomance at teamfights were below average with 10 fps.

Maelos

24-05-2011

buy a computer that isnt a piece of ****. hardly high min specs...

Neo Metalsonic

24-05-2011

I still prefer low detail above high detail since it's more clear on low detail . To manny extras on High detail make big teamfights harder to catch for the eye imo ( this is A BIIIIG PROBLEM ON HON ) .

Anyways , I doubt Riot will do something about it , but I do find it strange that a laptop of mine has A LOT more problems running League of Legends at 30 + FPS then it has with Starcraft 2 ( low details ).

FoxieJuuSan

24-05-2011

i have a laptop with a 5650 1 gb memory video card and 4 gigs ram and a dual core amd 2 x2 processor 2.1 ghz, the game always ran at best settings no problems and since a few patches when there is a team fight anywhere in the map the frame rate drops to 8 10 and all the other times in the game its 50-60 i lowered the settings, but still it still goes down with the frame rate randomly and when there are team fights