Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Bol - The Blood Slayer (very detailed)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VNRG

01-26-2015

Hi,
I was bored and had another idea for a new Champion Suggestion again.
Maybe some of you remember me, the creator of Mizuko - The Water Child http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1612751.
I have created her last year and received from you great suggestions/feedbacks to have a kinda balanced kit.
So I can actually say, that it was a great success even it was my first time for a Champion Suggestion (+50 upvotes).
(And again, I know that my english is not great at all. )

This time my new Champion is a male Bruiser, Bol - The Cursed Blood (meaning of his name: Pain).
As you can already imagine, his kit is mainly based on distributing pain to enemies and himself,
and his abilities are based on his blood (Passives)
His main weapon in the right hand is a large vivid demonic chain scythe.
At the end of the chain there is a blade, too, which he holds in his left hand.
The chain scythe is connected with his body, but not apart of his body like Tryndamere and it drains his blood, which is wrapped around of his blades to inject his own blood in other's bodies.

But well, enough with the introduction, let us go straight to his kit.

Quote:
Stats (+X per level):

Health:
613 (+95)
Health Regeneration: 8.2 (+0.9)
Attack Damage: 62 (+4.1)
Attack Speed: 0.651 (+2.7%)
Armor: 22 (+3.5)
Magic Resist: 30 (+0)
Movement Speed: 340
Range: 175
Type: Fighter, Tank

Quote:
PASSIVE Cursed Blood
Whenever an enemy got hit by his basic attacks or by his ability Feel My Blade,
Bol applies a Cursed Blood Mark on the target,
which lasts for 5 seconds and he receives in the time bonus movement speed,
if he runs towards the marked target by 4/5/6 % at level 1/6/11
and additionally 1/1.5/2% for each stack by his ultimate ability Feel My Pain at level 6/11/16.
The duration of the mark can be refreshed.

Additionally Bol gains 25 range on his basic attacks at level 6/11/16.

Note:
Only 1 target receives the mark and can be changed like Vayne's W, but does not apply on minions
and his weapon shall get bigger due to his Passive, too.
I.c.w. (In comparison with) Darius' Passive, he receives 5% bonus movement speed per bleeding Champion.

Quote:
Q Feel My Blade

1. Active:

Bol starts channeling for 2 seconds and can move while channeling,
but cannot attack or cast his other abilities.
The maxium range increases over 1 second, while his movement speed is slowed by up to 50%.

2. Active:
Bol throws his chain blade with his left arm, deals physical damage,
slows the target
and applies a Cursed Blood Mark.
The chain lasts for 3 seconds and it can be stucked on walls.

Type: linear Skillshot
Damage: 100/150/200/250/300 (70% bonus AD)
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9
Cost: 0 on all ranks
Range: 600 to 1000
(i.c.w. Vi's Q: 425 to 900)
Chain Range: 1100
(i.c.w Tresh' Q: 1100)
Missile Speed: 1600
(i.c.w Ashe's R: 1600)
Slow Effect: 30/35/40/45/50%

Note:
Basically it is a mix of Varus' Q and Kalista's Q, so Bol's Q can only hit one target
and does not go through minions and monsters.
There is a 3 sec duration because of the interaction with his E.

Quote:
W Feel My Blood

Passive:

The ability can be only used after a Cursed Blood was applied on a target
and can be activated within crowd control.

Active (no cast time):
Upon on activation Bol unleaches his cursed blood in the enemy's body,
whereby they become blood bound and share the same pain for 5 seconds.
So whenever he receives damage (except by turret shots),
his target will receive up to 100% of the damage dealed as magic damage, but not vice versa
The Cursed Blood Mark cannot be changed while it is active.

Type: Selfcast
Damage transfer in %: 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown: 20 on all ranks
Range to transfer Damage: 1500/1750/2000/2250/2500

Note:
Basically it is similar to Rammus' W but with an exception,
that he won't gain any tank stats and transfers the damage to 1 target from all sources.
That is why his kit will not receive a taunt ability and as a compensation he can activate this ability even he was cc'ed like Tryndamere to predict incoming damage outputs while being cc'ed
and to be honest, having a 2nd rammus with taunt would be literally boring and not unique.
The cooldown starts after the effect has dissappeared, so it won't have 15 seconds CD.
The visual effect of blood bound should be similar to Kalista's Passive.

Quote:
E Feel My Scythe

Passive:

Bol receives bonus attack speed by 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%.

Active:
Bol dashes forward, while it deals physical damage to all enemies within range.
If it was casted within the chain duration, he will follow the chain instead,
which cannot be interrupted by crowd control this time and gains doubled bonus attack speed.

Type: Pointcast, small AoE
Damage: 90/130/170/210/250 (60% Bonus AD)
Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12
Range: 450
(i.c.w. Renekton's E: 450)
Range within chain duration: 900
(i.c.w. Khazix' evolved E: 900)

Note:
Basically it is a mix of Renekton's E and Azir's E.

Quote:
R Feel My Pain

Passive:

The ability can be only used within the duration of Feel My Blood.

Bol applies now stacks with his Cursed Blood,
whenever this ability is not on cooldown (Maximum: 5 Stacks).

Active:
Upon on activation Bol consumes all stacks and deals true damage to himself and his target.
If he kills the target with this ability, he refunds 50% of his health and cooldown.

Type: Selfcast
Damage: 250/450/650
Damage per Stack: 50/75/100
Cooldown: 80/65/50
Cost: 7.5% of his current Health on all ranks
Cost per Stack: 2.5% of his current Health on all ranks

Note:
Basically it is similar to Darius' R with an exception, that the damage does not scale with anything,
except with level due to his high activation cost and base damage
So the cooldown isn't very high, because it is very dependent on his W and his Passives.

Quote:
Strengths:
-highly strong in 1v1 situations
-can kill his priority target in seconds, if he can reach it
-has good mobility
-can always kill at least 1 target, for instance if he blood bound with 1 of their frontlines instead

Weaknesses:
-need to stick to his target due to his low range (except Q)
-depends very on his skills + combos
-can fall off in the lategame, if he cannot reach his high priority target
-offers low utility

Counterplays:
-avoid his Q, because it is his only range ability
-use CC to push him back while in his W
-protect your carries in team fights, even if you need to bodyblock his Q
-can run out of range to receive no damage transfer

Quote:
Some Combos

early harass at level 1 (vs melee):

APPLY PASSIVE with basic attacks to mark the target
W to transfer the damage while having minion aggro

early harass at level 2 (vs range):
Q to mark the target

on lane prelevel 6:
Q to mark the target
E to dash forward within Q

at level 6:
Q to mark the target
E to dash forward within Q
R to kill the target with max stacks within W + to get refunds with his R

Quote:
The Lore:
I kinda need help here, because I am not familar with the Lore of LoL.
So the best suggestion wins.

Quote:
His look and weapon should be like that:

Note:
These are just random pictures, which I have found in Google Pictures.

Quote:
Possible interactions with other Champions:
-depends on the lore
-tryndamere?

I hope, you enjoyed my suggestion and please leave some comments/suggestions/feedbacks/etc. below.

Edit:
I changed his name from "The Blood Slayer" to "The Cursed Blood".

VNRG

01-27-2015

bump

Lilsere

01-27-2015

Hey there
First of all, I usually don't comment on suggestions without a lore, but this kit was just too amazing. Big credit to creativity. However, I usually suggest that you start with your lore, to make a better concept, and build your champ around. Just saying :P

First point: Name is boring. I see the blood as more of a vessel of his pain, not something he actually slays people with. Bol is a plain name, which does not fit some scythe wielding killing machine. He has a very dark concept, yet he's named bol. What.

P: It's great. I would love to get rid of the free ms, and perhaps buff his e for more mobility instead. Awesome and flashy abilities are more awesome then free ms.

Q: An awesome combo with the e. I don't see any improvement here other then lowering the the base damage, which is high as ****. Perhaps increase the ratio in return.

W: Great awesome ****ing ability, I love it. Offers counterplay, play making, and fits the,concept perfectly. So good.

E:great combo with Q, and a good gap closer. Like I said, I would personly move the ms from the passive, and buff the e, perhaps lower cooldown, or longer range, or any other interaction.

R: Once again, great ability, and perfect for finishing people off. However. Using this ability has nothing to do with feeling bols pain. You could just walk up to a guy, wack them a couple times, cast w and then r. Nothing to do with feeling your pain. I would suggest making this ability having to do with the enemy attacking you.

Also im kind of desperate of reviews on My newest guy, Djav, The Truth Walker http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2068333

VNRG

01-27-2015

Quote:
Lilsere:
Hey there
First of all, I usually don't comment on suggestions without a lore, but this kit was just too amazing. Big credit to creativity. However, I usually suggest that you start with your lore, to make a better concept, and build your champ around. Just saying :P

First point: Name is boring. I see the blood as more of a vessel of his pain, not something he actually slays people with. Bol is a plain name, which does not fit some scythe wielding killing machine. He has a very dark concept, yet he's named bol. What.

P: It's great. I would love to get rid of the free ms, and perhaps buff his e for more mobility instead. Awesome and flashy abilities are more awesome then free ms.

Q: An awesome combo with the e. I don't see any improvement here other then lowering the the base damage, which is high as ****. Perhaps increase the ratio in return.

W: Great awesome ****ing ability, I love it. Offers counterplay, play making, and fits the,concept perfectly. So good.

E:great combo with Q, and a good gap closer. Like I said, I would personly move the ms from the passive, and buff the e, perhaps lower cooldown, or longer range, or any other interaction.

R: Once again, great ability, and perfect for finishing people off. However. Using this ability has nothing to do with feeling bols pain. You could just walk up to a guy, wack them a couple times, cast w and then r. Nothing to do with feeling your pain. I would suggest making this ability having to do with the enemy attacking you.

Also im kind of desperate of reviews on My newest guy, Djav, The Truth Walker http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2068333

thx for ya big feedback, i rly appreciate it!!!

yeah, but for me, it is kinda easier to create a kit than writing a lore,
but the main reason why i didnt, cuz i am not familiar with the lors of LoL,
so i dont wanna do some trash ones, and wait for suggestions (like for mizuko)

well, i chose the name cuz bol sounds like a bruiser + bol means pain in crotian, so i kinda like the name,
so maybe shall i change his nickname? like...ehh...bol - the (cursed)blood warrior?

P: well, i give him some interactions with his ultimate, so i decided to give ms buffs, cuz he is kinda a champ who needs to stick to his target,
cuz he relies very on his AAs and some base dmgs (q + r),
if the ppl dont atk him in his W form tho,
but if it is too OP, i can remove it by buffing e

Q: i give it a high base dmg like other bruisers (vi), cuz he must build as tank kinda due to his ultimate,
AND it is a 1-target-skillshot with channeling,
but yeah i can decrease here, how about:

80/130/180/230/280 (70% bonus AD)?

R: well it is called feel my pain, cuz of his W + cursed blood, the enemy feels the SAME pain,
so the ability could be called as "feel my (same) pain", but i left the word "same" out cuz too long,
so it sounds like other "Feel"-abilities , could change to "feel THE pain",
but then it doesnt fit with all "my"'s...

and like i mentioned, that i decided to not give the champ a taunt, or he would be just another rammus,
+ leaves more counter plays open,
cuz imagine he got his passive on apc, and then taunts ppl with 100% dmg transfer^^

VNRG

02-01-2015

bump

VNRG

02-02-2015

bump and anyone can help me with the lore again? cuz i am not familiar with it, guess, a demacian or noxian story would be great

PHANTOM LordPene

02-02-2015

Okay, Ive never commented in any post, but i had to tell you that the w is just so broken. You start with 700 HP at lvl 1.
Get a lot of health by runes, masteries, ruby cristal, you could get to 1k of hp. Then aa your lane opponent and activate w. Go under his turret. First blood. I think that is sooo op

VNRG

02-02-2015

Quote:
PHANTOM LordPene:
Okay, Ive never commented in any post, but i had to tell you that the w is just so broken. You start with 700 HP at lvl 1.
Get a lot of health by runes, masteries, ruby cristal, you could get to 1k of hp. Then aa your lane opponent and activate w. Go under his turret. First blood. I think that is sooo op

thx u for your comment!
cuz i forgot to add that it wont work with turret shots

VNRG

02-07-2015

bump

VNRG

02-18-2015

bump