Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tanks lost viability in season 5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renegade Imp

01-26-2015

Is it just me or are tanks incredibly hard to use nowadays?

The dragon buff makes it easier for assassins and carries to snowball and harder for tanks to actually fulfill their role. That 6% extra in team fights against you from all those champions WILL show. Carries even get more lifesteal now! Add armor-shredding towers, health regen changes and the removal of any tanky stats from baron buff to the mix as well as the true damage junglers deal with their new smite and you'll be left with a bunch of nerfs on tank champions. I don't even have to mention the recent rise of Morellonomicon on like... every APC at this point... A few are still kinda good but others have fallen so hard into obscurity it ain't even funny. Every offensive aspect in the game got buffs while tanks are left with little to no compensations in my opinion...

CerbereNoTempest

01-26-2015

well, the 5% MS also makes the kite easier.

Even when I play Nautilus now I feel squishy in late game (I get almost instant in teamfights i'm focused)

DragonOverlord

01-26-2015

This is just my opinion, but I find it very boring when games are won by the team that has Jarvan + Malphite + Thresh or some similar combo of people who don't die and just CC you constantly. I still see that kind of thing a lot, so tanks can't be that "not viable". Any change that gives the rest of us a chance to fight back against these "brick wall" team comps is welcome to me.

FLR Shift

01-26-2015

I think tanks CAN ne not viable because all tanks will be shred in seconds (due nearly everyone does % dmg) and having 5 assasins in your team can be more usefull because a kata with a fizz could mostly win every teamfight 2v5

Dame

01-26-2015

Tanks useless since s3, just sayi'n.

Kanjejou

01-27-2015

bruiser do tank job better and are versatil

jiof

01-27-2015

it would be nice if the magicresist and armor items give more defense for their gold(like in season 2)

SoHunterish

01-27-2015

Ofcourse they get weaker.. They buffed AD items, and nerfed tank items because bruisers where to effective with it without buffing the true tanks. They nerf the defensive runes and buff the consistence damage runes (attack speed).

Every item balance change so far has been a nerf for tanks.

The jungle itself again is a nerf to tank junglers. They make it easier to kite, give them less resistance and less HP, give ADC more damage.. The only thing that tanks have gotten from items is more health regen...

Oh and we still have the mastery "Runic Blessing" a 50 HP shield every time you spawn.. I mean i did not expect for them to change masteries season 5, but i would have expected them to change that masterie..

50 HP only when you respawn wtf is that? At least make it every time you enter the fountain (in a certain amount of time so you cant abuse it).
Or make it like a 5% of your total health shield.. Yes early this will be pretty useless at it will be a 15hp shield or w/e but when you are late game with Mundo and have 5K HP you atleast get a 250 shield that can maybe hold 1 AA... (still a wasted mastery point but its better then we have now)

xt002

01-27-2015

Must admit, when you die in a few seconds against an adc lateame while having 500+ armor like say a rammus it starts to feel rediculous.

I don't want to go back to S1-2 where tanks were immortal but every game I play either has 5 AD's or 4AD's+fizz/kata/LB.

Dunno why but it seems the number of viable champions ingame is getting smaller and smaller every season even when there are more then 120 champions to pick from now.

Dame

01-27-2015

With full tank build, you can die in 5s from an adc who don't even builded arp...

Against apc's you can't even build full tank, cause there are no real magic resist items...