Key bindings

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twinkynator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-07-2010

Hello there.
I've been playing League of Legends for a while now, it's great etc.
But since i'm left handed and i use a different way of keys in playing.
(Arrowkeys and normal letters) I've been experiencing some problems with the keybindings.
The problem is that the normal letter keys do not work to set a bind on.
Like if i want to put my first spell as "1" next to my arrow key, it does nothing.
Atm i'm using other keys, on the other side of my keyboard (Which i have to do because all the keys near the letters ain't working either)
And it realy just does not work out well, so i'm forced to be a "clicker"
Any feedback on this?

Ahri Nine Tails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-07-2010

I'm fully left handed and have to say, you're doing it wrong. Slide your keyboard to the right, keep your hand near the very left of the keyboard and use these;

1,2,3,4 (items or levelup skills)
Q,W,E,R (skills/smartcasted skills)
F,C (items)

I'm not sure which keys you mean are broken, so if any of the ones I suggested are for you, I'm sorry that I misunderstood x]

Twinkynator

23-07-2010

Thanks for the post.
Well, as i said i'm an arrow key user in each game.
So changing sides of my keyboard doesn't work out well, like i stated above.
I also use the arrow keys here to control my map view.
I'm talking about the letters near the arrow keys.
You have normal ones, on the left side which are &"' (if not said in caps)
And 1234 normaly on the right side.
(Just clearing up what i mean)

Ahri Nine Tails

23-07-2010

I don't think they are bindable I'm afraid. I used to be an arrow user myself (did it for like 3-4 years in WoW) but found resting my right hand on the left side of the keyboard is significantly easier as you have a much larger amount of keys around your hand, and little movement needed so you won't miss the keys per se.

Unfortunately, saying that, all I can suggest is either learning to adapt to the other side of the keyboard or find a custom keybinder program via the search feature on the US or EU forums.

Salmin

23-07-2010

isnt there a left hand keyboard which is mirror-fliped ?

Twinkynator

23-07-2010

Yeah, i'm a WoW player so the right side of my keyboard is like everything.
Is there any chance they will add the possibility to use these letters to?

FootFetishFish

23-07-2010

Another thing that would be really nice when we are on the keybinding issue is if you could bind mousekey 5 and up (some of us play with Naga).

No biggie just annoying i can only bind 2 mousekeys and middle one(3) is kinda awkward to use.

Dragoniel

23-07-2010

I would like to be able to bind F1-12 keys. My mouse has 6 programmable buttons, which are reassigned to F* line, since practically no game recognizes mouse keys 5+.

AnkSteady

23-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootFetishFish View Post
Another thing that would be really nice when we are on the keybinding issue is if you could bind mousekey 5 and up (some of us play with Naga).

No biggie just annoying i can only bind 2 mousekeys and middle one(3) is kinda awkward to use.
Weird ...I have Logitech mx 580 and I bound some smartcast spells to MB 4 and 5. So maybe you have to install new drivers for your mouse or something coz it works for me just fine .

Blayne

23-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkynator View Post
Thanks for the post.
Well, as i said i'm an arrow key user in each game.
So changing sides of my keyboard doesn't work out well, like i stated above.
I also use the arrow keys here to control my map view.
I'm talking about the letters near the arrow keys.
You have normal ones, on the left side which are &"' (if not said in caps)
And 1234 normaly on the right side.
(Just clearing up what i mean)
im not left handed but in my case...
i have put map control to wasd (yes you can change map control keys aswell) neutral skills to qe. skills to zxcv items on 1234. zxcv are mapped to several of my mouse buttons so i dont have to press them with my keyboard hand though... but in your case i think shifting the map control keys towards a more working part of the keyboard might be beneficial (i like you, wanted to use 0 and 1 for neutral skills aswell -_-) you being left handed i suppose youd rather have them more towards the ijkl keys or something. but you get my idea probably :P

would be better if riot fixed it though :X