Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If players with smurf accounts keep insulting new players, they will leave!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MXXIV

01-23-2015

Recently, my girlfriend registered to play LoL with me and my friends. There's not enough of us to avoid blind queue and often we just play as a pair.

It really hurts me when players who have created new account after gaining 30 level insult her (lvl 5) for not being skilled (she played Diablo III a lot before, but the thrill of LoL games is a lot harder). It of course hurts her too and I guess she might give up. On a psychological note I'd like to point out, that while most men get motivated by criticism (that's how it works in the army btw), this does not apply to most of the female gender.

We can play games versus AI yet this has a few downfalls:

1. The insults still occur sometimes
2. These games have already become way boring for me
3. These games do not help her see any real tactics, which is what this game was supposed to be about

I can only rarely meet a newbie in the games I play. Newbies are easily distinguished from smurf players really. Usually, they get insulted for feeding.

I personally see no point in having more than one account. Everything about LoL encourages me to stick to one account, where all my skins, runes, champions and IPs are.

Anyway as I said in title, this should be fixed. Ideally by a better matchmatching algorithm. If I get negative score in 10 games in row (and I said I, not my girlfriend now) on level 14, there's something terribly wrong. Well, besides the fact I'm noob too.

Oh, and I feel like an idiot when I write reports for aggressive players which nobody will ever read.

Kynik0s

01-23-2015

Yeah its a terrible game for noobs. Getting pretty tired of it myself.

inT LycanHeart

01-24-2015

sadly there isn't much that can be done in terms of the smurfs really its hard to come down on. the only advice i can give is just search for a group of like-minded people through the forums that you can play with and just run 4/5 mans. Ragers and toxic players come to their own downfall in time. The ban system works a lot better than you may first give it credit for.

Only thing you can really do is just battle through it (easier said than done i know) until you meet some like minded players.
Way i see it if you quit playing you just let toxic players win end of the day so keep pushing

Atayene

01-24-2015

Yeah, that saddens me too :/ I have a few low lvl smurf accounts and whenever I see someone insulting newbies I try to defend them (and make new friends through it). It's not the friendliest of enviroments for new players and I can imagine how many people just get discouraged from playing league by how they're being treated in-game. It's sad how many players forget what they were like when they were new and displays lack of understanding and acceptance of "noob-like" mistakes. Also reporting those players is not a stupid thing. I report every and each case of "toxic" behaviour, no matter if displayed towards new players, myself or "diamonds-with-bad-day".

Juliandroid98

01-26-2015

My little brother gave up on LoL because of these toxic smurfs.

Sadly there isn't a lot you can do to fully stop them.

MXXIV

01-28-2015

We recently met another pair (boy and his girlfriend) from the same country, which makes our games far more enjoyable - unless we get rager as the 5th member of the team.

BooMBoner69

01-29-2015

And I just made my 4th account

CrushKill

02-12-2015

Quote:
MXXIV:
We recently met another pair (boy and his girlfriend) from the same country, which makes our games far more enjoyable - unless we get rager as the 5th member of the team.

Add me! I have some smurfs account in EUW. I am bronze 3 atm. So i am not good at game but I rarely rage or flame any teammates. It is just a game made to enjoy, not to rage. I make new accounts to improve or learn new champs and enjoy the free IP (lol).

Anyways I always want to play in friendly environment.

Wanotiki

02-12-2015

Quote:
CrushKill:
I make new accounts to improve

You won't improve like this. In fact, it will probably make you worse. If you are loosing lots of games on your main then there is some aspect of your game which needs to be improved.

If you keep creating new accounts then you will never figure out what your problem is and will not be able to improve.

Just my 2 cents on it

Wano

TheMoobile

02-14-2015

Quote:
MXXIV:
Recently, my girlfriend registered to play LoL with me and my friends. There's not enough of us to avoid blind queue and often we just play as a pair.

It really hurts me when players who have created new account after gaining 30 level insult her (lvl 5) for not being skilled (she played Diablo III a lot before, but the thrill of LoL games is a lot harder). It of course hurts her too and I guess she might give up. On a psychological note I'd like to point out, that while most men get motivated by criticism (that's how it works in the army btw), this does not apply to most of the female gender.

We can play games versus AI yet this has a few downfalls:

1. The insults still occur sometimes
2. These games have already become way boring for me
3. These games do not help her see any real tactics, which is what this game was supposed to be about

I can only rarely meet a newbie in the games I play. Newbies are easily distinguished from smurf players really. Usually, they get insulted for feeding.

I personally see no point in having more than one account. Everything about LoL encourages me to stick to one account, where all my skins, runes, champions and IPs are.

Anyway as I said in title, this should be fixed. Ideally by a better matchmatching algorithm. If I get negative score in 10 games in row (and I said I, not my girlfriend now) on level 14, there's something terribly wrong. Well, besides the fact I'm noob too.

Oh, and I feel like an idiot when I write reports for aggressive players which nobody will ever read.

Then you be her support instead, I'm sure she'll value your opinion over some online douche insulting her.
Tell her everyone starts off horrible, there is no way around it, but you WILL improve, even if it doesn't feel like it.

I had a friend who when he started playing used a Xerath ult didn't know how to fire it, clicked under tower, went "Wtf is my character doing!?" And died to a tower. We all laughed at him on Skype, because it was hilarious - but now he's better than me! He carries games and in about 80% always ends positive with KDA.