Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What triggers the restrictions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tripl3B

01-22-2015

Good day fellow summoners!

Writing you just now cause I had a little inquiry: I got ranked restricted after a month where I didn't actually flamed or behaved that bad.
As a reminder, I knew what I would get if I was talking too much, but I didn't expect it to be that hard. 35 draft wins which are really long to complete.

My question here is: When you are uppon the watch of "banning" bots, and if in case you lose your connexion in a game, can it trigger the banning thing cause you received x9 reports?

I just don't see what else could have make me banned

Cobaltmotari

01-22-2015

Well, it definitely wasn't disconnecting that triggered it, since the Leaverbuster handles leavers with bans rather than restrictions. As for what does cause restrictions, Riot hasn't disclosed the exact ways the system determines it (for obvious reasons involving people potentially gaming the system), but it's usually worth mentioning that not only are there ways to behave badly that don't involve the chat (such as intentional feeding and ping spamming), but the current system also includes the pre and post-game chat alongside the in-game chat.

Now, I'm not saying those are the reasons you got restricted, but they're worth keeping in mind.

Also, the exact number of reports doesn't matter. It's the number of reported games that matters, and even then, only if you did something wrong, since reports, contrary to worryingly-popular belief, don't equal an automatic punishment.

If you really want a hint as to what it was that got you restricted, it'd be best to file a support ticket, persist long enough and politely for them to consider you a more important case than just the template replies, and they should be able to dig something up (not necessarily show you that something, but it's better than nothing).

Tripl3B

01-22-2015

Oh thank you for your comment, that is what I am gonna try to do... I got the two usual answers but as I told the support guy, I don't want to be chat reduced or banned from that game so I intend to improve... And it is hart to improve when you don't know what you're getting punished for.

Let's hope I got it..

MuzzUK Brizzle

01-22-2015

Quote:
Tripl3B:
behaved that bad

So your implying you did at some point act badly or break the summoners code?

What you consider "not that bad" may indeed break the rules or to others be considered flaming/toxic/disruptive. :-D

It's pretty fair to say the chat restriction system is working very well.

Tripl3B

01-22-2015

Quote:
MuzzUK Brizzle:
So your implying you did at some point act badly or break the summoners code?

What you consider "not that bad" may indeed break the rules or to others be considered flaming/toxic/disruptive. :-D

It's pretty fair to say the chat restriction system is working very well.

Well to be honest before that last month, I could understand why I was getting chat reduced. I am not a flamer, I don't insult, I just say what is wrong at the moment it is wrong. It helps me analyzing and understand the game. Some people say "f**k you noob" I just say "Well, you should have gank my lane cause now I'm getting under and that sucks".

I understand now that this is considered as "blaming" which I don't intend to do but... I believe that if you do something bad, that should be said.

Now I will keep my mouth shut.

Shiwah

01-22-2015

Imho it's better to analyze the game AFTER the game and not during it...

TheNevidian

01-22-2015

Totally

JagPrime

01-22-2015

I think it is still possible to give advice in game.

But just avoiding naming a person or a role.

Just say: we need turrets, we need wards. We need to split push...