Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unfair Ranked Games Restriction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNevidian

01-20-2015

Hi there, pardon for my english im not a perfect writer. So I've been banned the 1st time from ranked games many mounths ago back in 2014 around maybe when they created this ''ranked games bann punishment'', and well I admited to myself that yes I flamed and, problably ruined the gameplay environment but well we all have done it sometime right? Well i took my punishment and I had no problem with it 35 draft wins take a huge time to do it but I wasn't really mad about it because I understood my punishment. And after so many days and nights trying so hard to do my punishment without raging or anything else, i did it. And in the same day i played 3 ranked games , one that i flamed a little bit not a huge deal but still well we shouldn't flame but not even a big deal in my case just for example: ''Omg noob jungler no ganks'', not that big rage but still rage.
The DAY AFTER i get banned ANOTHER 35 ranked games, and i was like ''Dude really? Another 35 draft wins? Around 60-80 games at least for me'', and I took it with a little bit of anger but not big of a deal and FINALLY Yesterday or the day before yesterday i FINALLY finished the punshiment , and well so excited that i was of course i played over 5 rankeds i dont know exactly if it was in the exact same day, whatever, And when i finally got home(today) i got banned ANOTHER 35 rankeds , and i swear to GOD , i didn't flame a single game , i didn't had a bad behaviour nothing just nothing like that, the only thing i didn't do perfect was the score at a ranked that some of my team mates raged me for it BUT I DIDN'T Rage Back! And the thing is that one or two people with anger of loosing sayd ''report me or in the case i was Gnar, they sayd report gnar'' , and I didn't flame , i don't even think i talked maybe from time to time but nothing really , and what i think happened is that like i just camed from a punishment,some guy that is pissed of us loosing and reports me not because i flamed but well my score wasn't that great and my ''plays'' weren't that good. It doesn't mean that i disearve to be banned once again 35 draft wins just because my score was bad and some dude or dudes reported me EVEN When I NEVER FLAMED not once. I think I might not be the only one with this problem but please Riot, I never asked for nothing more i accepted my past bad behaviours but, when i wasn't doing nothing bad to get arrested by. I shouldn't not ever be banned of ranked games the truly game mode i really love. Thanks for the atention and one last thing , I think its unfair to get this punishment and it makes not wanting to play this game more. I don't think this ''programme'' is bad just not coherent at least in my case.

JagPrime

01-20-2015

Welcome to the club.
You did flame (as you say), I did too (at some point everyone does in this game).

I have a similar experience, only on a shorter timeframe.

From what I read it seems not so easy to escape a vicious loop of recurring punishments.

Well, let's endure this with a smile in the hope they will find a way to make the system a little bit forgiving. Well hope they can improve it in some way.

kipants

01-20-2015

just get better and people wont report you for playing badly...

JagPrime

01-20-2015

Or even better, the ones that are sooo much better actually rank up so that they're elsewhere so they don't feel like reporting him...

Looking at Nevidian's stats, he doesn't suck. He is S3, compared to S4 (you kipants), your comment is a bit misplaced.

TheNevidian

01-20-2015

Well thanks Jag for understanding me, but one of my points is that now me and surely many more people are having this problem, we get chat restricted even those who didn't not sayd a word all the games, I believe it has a good porpus, but theire only making the community angry and hating more and more this policy or whatever you call it

GangrelCat

01-21-2015

After the first set of Restrictions all games you play get checked, reported or not, to search for improvement. I fully agree that staying silent/neutral in games is a defenite improvement. Riot, it seems, really want's to see some more effort then that and looks for positive, friendly and helpful chat use before Restrictions stacks get smaller or are removed entierly.

-----------------------------------------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mahatma Gandhi

Je suis Charlie

JagPrime

01-22-2015

Quote:
TheNevidian:
Well thanks Jag for understanding me, but one of my points is that now me and surely many more people are having this problem, we get chat restricted even those who didn't not sayd a word all the games, I believe it has a good porpus, but theire only making the community angry and hating more and more this policy or whatever you call it

I actually share your point of view 100%
I flamed, for sure and deserve punishment. But as it stands now, I'm sure you can get punished for no reason. People report you on many occasions, some not legitimate. You can enter the punishment just out of that. A system triggered by user reports cannot be trusted.

KiwiGeneral

01-22-2015

Quote:
JagPrime:
I actually share your point of view 100%
I flamed, for sure and deserve punishment. But as it stands now, I'm sure you can get punished for no reason. People report you on many occasions, some not legitimate. You can enter the punishment just out of that. A system triggered by user reports cannot be trusted.

Which it isn't.
How often do people need to tell you that?
Reports alone don't punish you.