Teemo just too weak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hubbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-05-2011

I bought teemo from the free RP Riot gave us and I'm a bit disappointed. I tried AS/AD build so far and most of the time I just have small damage and geting kills is hard. The only thing I like about Teemo is that he is very fast and his mushrooms for map control. I played Swain before and won most games and had a good score, now with Teemo I never have a good score and 80% of games are defeats. And also many people say AS/AD build is best, so I'm not sure if AP is better. I also often feel helpless in teamfights and don't know what to do if Q is on cd or if I don't have mallet yet to slow some fleeing enemies. Just simple auto atack or what? What you think about Teemo?

Vallz

23-05-2011

I hate Teemo and no he shouldnt be increased. His 9999999999999999x amount of shrooms everywhere is annoing :'(

Hungerstorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-05-2011

Teemo is excellent and can win games if you use him right. Map control is extremely important - you're basically getting free wards all the time, with the added bonus that they pack a punch whenever an enemy walks over one.

Don't play him like a dps/carry. Play defensively with him and focus on bringing utility to the team. Lay shrooms down to cover escape routes for your team, drop them on the typical ganking routes to give your team mates warning if someone is trying to gank them.

Most people who see an enemy Teemo have an uncontrollable urge to chase him for a kill. Abuse that for fun gank times.

sensati9N

Master Recruiter

23-05-2011

Teemo is good for two things and that is

1. Mapcontrol
2. Split-push

You will get this when you reach a high elo.

Saagara

23-05-2011

Free wards are cool, but good team is getting loads of wards anyway. And there are better carrys to pick teamfight wise.

I Ash I UK

23-05-2011

I build AP Teemo. Run into the middle of a team fight and drop 3 mushrooms at CC'd or stationary champions feet, blind the carry and auto attack the squishiest.

Wait for the the fight to initiate or you will just run in and be attacked by all of them.

Hubbl

23-05-2011

I place shrooms on escape paths and at the water between top mid and bot and such and sometimes I even randomly get a kill because some low HP enemy tries to run away and uses an escape path :P But I just didn't figure out yet how to get some kills with Teemo. I mean I need the items so I get stronger so that I can make damage in teamfights.

I usually build him like this: Berserk>Zeal>starks>phantom>frozen mallet>Infinity edge>guinsoo maybe.... But well it stops at the frozen mallet because my score just is ridiculous and I don't get much gold. I only have +20 atack damage from frozen mallet then. The big damage comes at infinity edge which I never get, game ends before I have it.

Thanks for all the answers, I expected much flame like l2p and such

Saloh

23-05-2011

lol, teemo is a strong champ, just buy magig pene boots, malady, wits end, frozen mallet, hextech gunblade, madreds bloodrazor. Thats kinda good build, a bit squishy but u wont be tanking As ur summoner spells get ignite / flash or exhaust / flash.

Hubbl

23-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Ash I UK View Post
I build AP Teemo. Run into the middle of a team fight and drop 3 mushrooms at CC'd or stationary champions feet, blind the carry and auto attack the squishiest.

Wait for the the fight to initiate or you will just run in and be attacked by all of them.

Dropping into middle of teamfight and placing shrooms? I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm just too stupid but it seems like they just won't explode when directly placing infront of enemy, or they just get destroyed. I mean they are like 1hit.

Yanahma

23-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saagara View Post
Free wards are cool, but good team is getting loads of wards anyway. And there are better carrys to pick teamfight wise.
Firstly, the whole point of Teemo is that your team doesn't need to buy any wards ever. Thats a huge amount of money saved already.

Secondly, it helps carry bad teams because if they aren't buying wards, they are still getting vital map awareness and protection with shrooms, without one team member having to waste all their income.

Thirdly, Teemo isn't an AD carry, and he shouldn't be built like one. You should focus on AS, AP and on hit effects, such as Malady, Wits End and Black Clever. Also build a lot of defence, since he is squishy.

In team fights it should be your role to lay shrooms everywhere beforehand, and then use blind on any AD champs and try to assassinate squishies. Early/mid game, laying shrooms and hiding in bushes pretty much guarantees a kill on a squishy, and his farming and pushing power is fantastic.