Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Protection from erroneous reports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arih

01-19-2015

I bring this up because I have just finished an ARAM where all I said was gg wp, yet got a box pop up saying that I've been reported for Verbal Harassment.

What protection do I have against such things? Surely if this happens in a great enough density, then I run the risk of a chat suspension?

Shiwah

01-19-2015

The pop up isn't tied to the last game you played.

Also, it doesn't count out false reports, and it's not a necessary prelude to a punishment.

Arih

01-20-2015

I think it is, as I've had people mention they've got a pop up after I've reported them for negative attitudes. I also find it hard to believe that I would get a warning for this, as most of my communication is done through Skype when I play other than the occasional 'gg' 'wp' and 'gl hf'. I also never use expletives, as I find them crass.

Anyway, regardless of if you believe me, the objective question still stands

Shiwah

01-20-2015

The pop up appears after a spike in the reports filed against you over the course of several games. Since it doesn't filter out the false reports (while the CR system does), it can appear even if you didn't do anything punishable.
But, as I said, it's not a warning that you're about to be punished, it's a warning so that you could adjust whatever behaviour triggered the reports. If you did nothing wrong, you can safely ignore it.