Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Client crashes should not impact summoner status

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerbiamas

01-19-2015

There are a lot of threads though out the forums of people complaining to have lower ranks or even bans because mac client crashes. I also have a good mac pro, but I play LoL on my far from powerful Dell laptop because i'm afraid to receive any consequences of leaving when my client crashes. I tried playing around 5 games on my mac and the client did crash at least 3 times in all games.
Just the crashing game alone causes a lot of frustration for players, but launching the client again after a few crashes and seeing warning messages and even getting penalties because 'you are a leaver' really eats our nerves.
The players that use mac clients are the end testers of the client, they do report a lot of issues that in the end helps RIOT to build a more stable client.
So why does RIOT still punish these players like that?
The suggestion I want to make here is that, if possible, RIOT could disable leaving penalties for players playing on mac's until the client is more stable.

CptFixit

01-19-2015

Interesting proposition, especially since the Mac client is still in Beta. Mmm.

Then again, that would open up the scene for some abuse. Still, it merits some thought.

Gerbiamas

01-23-2015

Yes, leave count would increase because:
More players will play on a mac and some of them might get client crashes, but usually these players try to reconnect instantly.
Some mac users might abuse this by just quitting when frustrated because there's no penalty.

Since ranked games are more sensitive to leavers, I think solution should be not to give penalties in normal ( not ranked ) games. I would like to hear more comments on what others think of this