Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In master, Red Trinket is the most bought item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PepSakdoek

01-19-2015

And has 54% winrate.

In Diamond it has 52% winrate, but is less popular than Yellow trinket.

I am not qualified to give Diamond players advice, but stats seems to suggest that you should change out to red trinket sooner.

Master+
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&type=item-popularity&range=monthly&map=sr&queue=1x1&league=challenger

Even in Silver it has 55% winrate. But it's much less popular there.

Status Excessu D

01-19-2015

Probably because the illusion of creating vision is more powerful than taking away vision. And because people are still selfish in diamond and really dont want to buy any wards on their own. And if they have to, they buy like 1 or 2 a game lol

(just personal experience)

Sir doomed

01-19-2015

Good point... i always forget... like the blue trinket on adc -.-

AoG Crouchyyy

01-19-2015

Tbh Yellow trinket is only for the first 5-10 minutes. Soon as support gets sightstone it's to sweeping lens, junglers first back, sweeping lens. I'd say only the ADC keeps yellow trinket these day's. Infact, more and more ADC's are taking Blue trinket.

PepSakdoek

01-19-2015

My personal experience is that I suck at using red. Also I forget to buy wards. :/

I forget to activate it, or I constantly sweep places without wards. This makes keeping yellow probably better.

It's a newyears resolution though. Learn to sweep better. And more often.

Happy Sharknado

01-19-2015

i feel like it gets better the more wards the enemy places, which means its better in higher ranks

Master Lega

01-19-2015

The thing is, when I play support (I am silver 4 btw) when I change to red trinket after buying sightstone, there is legit nothing to sweep! The other team doesnt buy wards at all rendering the red trinket useless. Some games I will instead go for blue trinket because I will sweep the whole map and find nothing.

v1rtue

01-19-2015

Below gold red trinket isnt that great. People don't know yet how to get vision in strategic places (i.e. warding enemy buffs when they are about to spawn, warding critical gank routes, etc.)

raps1355

01-19-2015

Red trinket is what its all about. You can buy wards but you cannot buy what the red trinket offers.

DJ Sexy Jon

01-19-2015

This is a good advice. I usually go for yellow trinket because I feel much safer when I can ward, but that's kinda wrong. And I also have to learn how to use it more effectively