Tristana, AD or AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TopHatCat

23-05-2011

Iv been having afew Player vs AI games with Tristana recently, giving her abit of a try out..

Iv tried both AD and AP builds are they are both quite good.
AD requires more items but has good steady DPS, where as AP has huge burst and is easily itemized but relies on CD's and leaves you very vulnerable (since your using your escape ability to initiate your burst).

But I can't decide which is best.. or which she SHOULD be played as.

What are peoples opinions?

Uuni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-05-2011

AP is one trick pony, she has one burst and that's it

AD is okay but really squishy due to her pathetic base attack and no scalings from ad. You either have to go all out offense or then be a little bulkier but with far less damage

starfux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

23-05-2011

AP is IMHO not really viable. Its not a good idea to jump into as many people as possible if you are a squishy caster. And thats pretty much the only way of contributing significant damage in a teamfight...

Just compare AP trist to malz, he is just better at everything.

But if you play her AD, she gets pretty strong with a few items, and is VERY dangerous lategame.

CrazyDutch

23-05-2011

why play AP on a range DPS hero that clearly wasnt meant for AP. Also if you wanna play AP there are 100x better champions to play...

TopHatCat

23-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDutch View Post
why play AP on a range DPS hero that clearly wasnt meant for AP. Also if you wanna play AP there are 100x better champions to play...
Well it's mainly because her burst is insaaane and will melt the enemy carry better than quite alot of other champs. Even if they flash away etc due to her DoT/Large range it's unlikely they will escape.

The only problem is AP Trist relies heavily on a really good Tank, someone who can mass taunt/stun to give her chance to escape.

But once she'd burned her CD's she's pretty much useless.. But yeah, her AP ratio's are nuts.
Iv tried building kinda hybrid but, you need to focus on 1 or the other..

Helfender Elf

23-05-2011

Ap is good for the lulz, you basically instagib anything in 0,1sec, but die horribly after.

Lord Schnuffelus

24-05-2011

AP Tristana is fun.

BUt as soon as you cannot kill your enemy off with your combo... you will probably die ^^ I played AP Tristana and it made a lot of fun but as soon as everyone gets banshess it is.. kinda hard :/

I think AD is more viable since it is not THAT situational... but AP is way more fun

cheerio

TeemoTheFabulous

24-05-2011

one thing about everyone stating "If you jump in to do damage you can't jump out" well, mostlikely if you jump in, you expect to kill an enemy, so you can jump otu becouse of the reset. But i'd still say, play AD

Saryakan

24-05-2011

Madreds, another AS Item and a BT is all you need to melt everything from miles away.
Shes like better farming and better escaping Kog.

Speedball

24-05-2011

Well...
AD tris has better sustained dmg, and over all better dmg in late game.
AP tris has huge burst in mid game. You need to make sure you kill your target when you jump into the mist of it, so you can jump out again.

Over all i think AD Tris is more viable, Atk.speed, madress tris with a frozen mallet rocks my world at least.