Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Final thoughts on the chat restriction system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JagPrime

01-20-2015

Quote:
Because the tribunal was slow as hell, it sometimes took months to finish a case.

Made by Riot and yet not perfect ? Makes you Wonder...

About university. I don't want to debate all day long about that.
1. Universities make mistakes.
2. You can be part of the majority and be wrong.
=> Several universities with the same opinion can be wrong.

What I like about universities is that there you meet lots of people, with many different opinions. Those people do think it is valuable to be able to share ideas, and debate them. Experimentation is needed and valuated.

By all accounts, there, I wasn't reciting books (although it is what I thought I would be doing there, and sometimes regretted it wasn't because it would have been much easier than thinking!). I learned to think, to question the order of things. Not only, the how, also the why of things.

People there try to improve the vision we have of things. If people at universities (and elsewhere obviously) were never debating/questioning about established facts, earth would still be flat with the sun revolving around it. And especially important when dogmatic people try to forbid that.

People disagreed, argued with Einstein, and parts of his theories now have proof, some still stand without evidence, some have been refined, some have better explanations. Because some people didn't say:
Nobody can improve physics beyond 'Einstein and universities'

The very fundamuntal of science is hypothesis, which by definition must be falsicable. In other words: 'I accept the hypothesis I made is wrong if these conditions are met'.

It is diversity that makes life interesting and evolving. This includes opinions.

Don't you think it is now a good moment for you to relax and learn to laugh about Riot too?
I am sure that you (Shiwah, KiwiGeneral) as a person, can achieve great things and that you don't need 'Riot and Universities' to back you up in any way. You have talent, of that I am sure. Whether you already found it is another thing (I wish for you it is the case as it makes life more enjoyable). Don't depend on Rito and Universities. Be yourself. It is difficult some times, you will fail some times, some people will hate you for that, but before you die, you will have lived my friend: something unique, something only you did experience.

What did/do you prefer at school/work ?
That teacher/boss disregards your idea right away because he is the authority?
Or that he would still listen to you and maybe get a new point of view and possibly work together towards something better?

We know the answer. You don't want to be just a pawn. You want to contribute to society. I dare to say it: Even 'Rito and universities' could benefit from your ideas towards improvement.

Don't be corrupt, don't go along with the other sheep just because it is beneficial, easy. Or because it is frightening to be part of the minority. In all history, minorities have stand up against horrible religious/fascist systems.

Fascism is only laws. The first things they burn is books/humour/culture (and intellectuals who produce them). Why:
1. Because knowledge is harmful to them, they prefer have you believe in what they say that know what they say is wrong.
2. If you can laugh at them, you don't fear them: they are no longer a threat.
3. If you behold the beauty of art you get out of the pessimism/sick/perverted view of a world that is frightening and paranoid.

You don't need to belong to a system, you don't need to obey to Riot rules, or the government rules because they just ARE. Your duty as a sentient intelligent person is to question the world and its direction at all times.

Don't indulge into political correctness. What does it bring in the end ? It's just hiding something Under the carpet to have crawl back at you ten times more a problem.

What counts is your life and what you make of it. You don't need a system, you need to be an individual.

Quote:

Epic fail ;-)

KiwiGeneral

01-20-2015

Quote:
Made by Riot and yet not perfect ? Makes you Wonder...

I have no serious doubts that you're capable of reading.

Quote:
1. Universities make mistakes.
2. You can be part of the majority and be wrong.
=> Several universities with the same opinion can be wrong.

What I like about universities is that there you meet lots of people, with many different opinions. Those people do think it is valuable to be able to share ideas, and debate them. Experimentation is needed and valuated.

By all accounts, there, I wasn't reciting books (although it is what I thought I would be doing there, and sometimes regretted it wasn't because it would have been much easier than thinking!). I learned to think, to question the order of things. Not only, the how, also the why of things.

People there try to improve the vision we have of things. If people at universities (and elsewhere obviously) were never debating/questioning about established facts, earth would still be flat with the sun revolving around it. And especially important when dogmatic people try to forbid that.

People disagreed, argued with Einstein, and parts of his theories now have proof, some still stand without evidence, some have been refined, some have better explanations. Because some people didn't say:
Nobody can improve physics beyond 'Einstein and universities'

The very fundamuntal of science is hypothesis, which by definition must be falsicable. In other words: 'I accept the hypothesis I made is wrong if these conditions are met'.

It is diversity that makes life interesting and evolving. This includes opinions.

Don't you think it is now a good moment for you to relax and learn to laugh about Riot too?
I am sure that you (Shiwah, KiwiGeneral) as a person, can achieve great things and that you don't need 'Riot and Universities' to back you up in any way. You have talent, of that I am sure. Whether you already found it is another thing (I wish for you it is the case as it makes life more enjoyable). Don't depend on Rito and Universities. Be yourself. It is difficult some times, you will fail some times, some people will hate you for that, but before you die, you will have lived my friend: something unique, something only you did experience.

What did/do you prefer at school/work ?
That teacher/boss disregards your idea right away because he is the authority?
Or that he would still listen to you and maybe get a new point of view and possibly work together towards something better?

We know the answer. You don't want to be just a pawn. You want to contribute to society. I dare to say it: Even 'Rito and universities' could benefit from your ideas towards improvement.

Don't be corrupt, don't go along with the other sheep just because it is beneficial, easy. Or because it is frightening to be part of the minority. In all history, minorities have stand up against horrible religious/fascist systems.

Fascism is only laws. The first things they burn is books/humour/culture (and intellectuals who produce them). Why:
1. Because knowledge is harmful to them, they prefer have you believe in what they say that know what they say is wrong.
2. If you can laugh at them, you don't fear them: they are no longer a threat.
3. If you behold the beauty of art you get out of the pessimism/sick/perverted view of a world that is frightening and paranoid.

You don't need to belong to a system, you don't need to obey to Riot rules, or the government rules because they just ARE. Your duty as a sentient intelligent person is to question the world and its direction at all times.

Don't indulge into political correctness. What does it bring in the end ? It's just hiding something Under the carpet to have crawl back at you ten times more a problem.

What counts is your life and what you make of it. You don't need a system, you need to be an individual.

TL;DR: I have no points left, so Riot and several universities ahve to be wrong simutaneously.
TL;DRĀ²: I don't follow rules, because I'm a special snowflake.

JagPrime

01-20-2015

If you say 'Riot and universities' in one sentence again, I swear I will die laughing.

Dude. Maybe your talent is too make me laugh :-)

Quote:
I don't follow rules, because I'm a special snowflake

I'm RITO AND SNOWFLAKES !

KiwiGeneral

01-20-2015

Quote:
I swear I will die laughing.

Promise? Or do you lie again?

JagPrime

01-20-2015

Why do you want me to die ?

That is definitely punishable by the system...

Shiwah

01-20-2015

Why do you keep repeating "Rito and universities" like it's a mantra? A mantra that you made up yourself, by the way.

You're pretty subtle in your offensive way of speaking (the thing you call 'humour'). We're not stupid nor sheeps, as you like to believe.

You don't want to understand our points and instead prefer playing the part of the innocent victim, while subtly offending people not following your ideas by attacking their game modes and the 'authority arguments' they make.

Tell me, what makes you more right than "Rito and universities", while not having access to the full data Riot holds and failing spectacularly at analyzing other people's behaviour?

TheNevidian

01-20-2015

I've to agree with Shiwah but still gotta point that, i got banned from flamming and I admit it, but this shouldn't be the reason to be banned after punishments by reports that might be just false and premade abuse ones, or from people that are pissed at you for not winning the game. I got restricted from chat and rankeds , as you can see the 1st time i agree , 2nd time i tought it was kinda strange but 3rd time I don't mess up and flame like that, I didn't flame in the few games I had chance to play before getting restricted again and then they give me restrictions just because some guy reported me because we had one game, that yes my score wasn't that good and ''the plays'' weren't good either, but that has nothing to do with chat restriction if I didn't flame at all, I even think i did not speak at all just really rarely from time to time, so this can't be coherent, I'm sorry but it can't be. They just auto programm (in my imagination) that after a punishment, even the report without even making any sence, automaticly banns you.... I'm sorry for my english iam trying to express myself the best but it might be confuse.

Shiwah

01-20-2015

The system, as described by Riot, is supposed to take only your behaviour into account after the first chat restriction. It works in cycles, and after the end of each batch analyzes your behaviour again.

Now, no one ever said it's perfect, but it's as close to perfection as possible in catching the intended target - the frequent flamers. Unfortunately, regarding the cyclic nature of the system, we can only trust Riot's judgment on it, since no one besides them can check the chat logs and see the intended improvement.
Just keep your current non-flamer attitude and you will be in the clear someday.

TheNevidian

01-21-2015

Well thanks dude, it's just so intense lately have all a good game

JagPrime

01-21-2015

Quote:
Why do you keep repeating "Rito and universities" like it's a mantra?

Because I like it and I have the right to do it.
Whether you like it or not.