Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Getting chat restricted for winning games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drag0n W0lf

01-15-2015

I am getting a lot of reports for winning games, pretty much 1 every 3 games by some troll noob who feels aggrieved that I beat him. As riot clearly cannot be bothered to implement a proper system to weed out the erroneous reports from the true ones this will obviously keep on happening.

How the hell do I escape this, purposefully lose so the trolls don't report me? I don't think so. I don't care if the game is free or not, sort it out to where you provide correct support for it, not some half baked idea that you cooked up on an afternoon. This game is growing everyday and the support for it is a shambles, and it doesn't appear to be getting any better.

I like the game, and I play it a lot, but what I don't like is the fact that some people bang in reports against people just because they lost. Its actually why the community is toxic, because riot are allowing these toxic people to fester within it and get away with this type of thing.

Do the right thing and actually look at this and sort it out.

Thanks

JagPrime

01-15-2015

Well said

Shiwah

01-15-2015

Quote:
Drag0n W0lf:
As riot clearly cannot be bothered to implement a proper system to weed out the erroneous reports from the true ones this will obviously keep on happening.

Actually, there is.

JagPrime

01-15-2015

Quote:
Shiwah:
Actually, there is.

Probably of the same caliber that got me restricted and get a free skin? Call me not impressed.

Drag0n W0lf

01-15-2015

Quote:
Actually, there is.

There is very little evidence of this from what I can see

Shiwah

01-15-2015

If you trust Lyte's words... otherwise, nothing stop you from not believing.

Drag0n W0lf

01-16-2015

People wouldn't proudly proclaim that "they never get banned" or "I do this all the time" while trolling or being negative/abusing people if the punishments actually made a difference. The real people who do this couldn't care less about getting a ban, they make new accounts to ensure that if one is banned they go onto another one (something a troll told me about while laughing that they would never stop him).

The system is fundamentally flawed and until they recognise this nothing will ever change.

Gorantharon

01-16-2015

Quote:
Drag0n W0lf:

The system is fundamentally flawed and until they recognise this nothing will ever change.

And what would be your solutions to prevent trolls? As, you know, someone has to do something first.

Tosha

01-16-2015

Are you chat restricted because you win games or because you write "hahaha get rekt noob" and "gg easy" in all chat?

Drag0n W0lf

01-16-2015

I don't laugh or use the very badly spelled word "rekt", I also dislike people who say easy as its an insult to others who may be having a bad game.

3 strikes and your out system would be much better, 2 warnings (or chat restrictions) then a permaban. The system would be pretty much similar, a report based one with actual people who READ the reports and the chat logs, and before you tell me they do read the reports I can say its very clear they don't. These toxic people keep on doing it because they can get away with it on multiple accounts and obviously feel no threat at all from the current system, so they are happy to keep breaking the rules and making peoples gaming experience a terrible one. They don't care as they simply play the game, but I imagine they turn quite a few people away from LoL.

If you can come up with a better system feel free to post it here, I'm all for stopping these people from making it any worse.