Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chat Restriction x 5 ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GangrelCat

01-21-2015

Quote:
Candle Light:
One doesn't have to be a God to practice benefit of the doubt concept either..

I follow the most logical path; he has contacted Support, they checked and found enough toxic behaviour to warrent the Restrictions. Could they have made a mistake? Sure, no one is perfect, but it's illogical to always presume what they say is a mistake. It's also unproductive.

Quote:
Candle Light:
You can trust whomever you like. It's not about trust, it's about respect you show to basically random people.

By the way, this Gandhi quote you glue to your every message is not making you look smarter.
It rather makes you look like a peacock. But keep it up for now, you'll grow up from doing this eventually.

I am perfectly willing to further discuss the problems you have with me, but please stop trying to hijack other peoples posts for this and simply create one for that purpose.

-----------------------------------------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mahatma Gandhi

Je suis Charlie

Candle Light

01-21-2015

Quote:
GangrelCat:
I follow the most logical path; he has contacted Support, they checked and found enough toxic behaviour to warrent the Restrictions. Could they have made a mistake? Sure, no one is perfect, but it's illogical to always presume what they say is a mistake. It's also unproductive.

No one tells you to always presume that Riot Support or CR+RR system made a mistake.

I'm just following the most logical path - I'm not presuming a person to be guilty until I have enough prove that he is. And that's what I was telling you about. It's a benefit of the doubt concept.
Give a person a benefit of the doubt, no matter how low the chances of his innocence are - presuming his guilt just from some things that Riot Support person allegedly said about chat logs that he allegedly has and allegedly reviewed is way too unfair.

Quote:
GangrelCat:
I am perfectly willing to further discuss the problems you have with me.

Good. But I am not. I'm way past the discussions about personal problems I have with you. They proved themselves pointless long ago.
You are too egocentric to accept your mistakes, make apologies or act like a man in many other ways.

Even to the simpliest concept that exists for centuries and can be understood with just a little bit of common sense, you reply with not a drop of agreement but with сrapload of arguing, and arguing against not my words, but my words after you twisted and exaggerated them. You do it all the time and this episode is just another good example:

I ask you to consider going easy on people and not talking down on them like if they are guilty by association, show a little respect and give them a benefit of the doubt.

You reply not to that, but to some "always presume Riot Support wrong" which I never said.
And, of course, that, you very skillfully argue. Good for you.
What can I say. Try to learn to read and reply to what people write and not to what you imagine, exaggerate and twist out of their words.

I would recommend you to get some respect for people you communicate with. (And yes, I don't have much of that for you at this point, but don't use it as an argument, cause you know, it's simple retaliationg sort of "argument". Just cause I talk with little respect towards you, doesn't mean it's suddenly an okay thing to do. You did act same and worse before towards me, I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine. It's my own retaliation issue that I'm not ready to put to rest just yet, but either way it's quite a different case from what you do. You talk in disrespectful manner to complete strangers, some of which appear on this Forum for the first time and you immediately talk to them in aggressive fashion, presuming their guilt and explaining how system works [often presuming they don't know] etc.)

Edit: I checked your latests replies to people, you are actually improving quite a bit in "not being too judgemental and on a high horse" department. Good. It's funny how I often explain stuff to people, they argue me, but then I see them actually improve their behavior in exact way I directed them.

By the way, once more addressing that quote you glue under every message:
It's kinda pointless to glue it under every message within the same thread. At least you can agree to that.
So, since you are unwilling to quit doing it, how about glue a different quote under every message within same thread?
Here, I'll show you how:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. (Arthur C. Clarke)

GangrelCat

01-21-2015

Quote:
Candle Light:
No one tells you to always presume that Riot Support or CR+RR system made a mistake.

I'm just following the most logical path - I'm not presuming a person to be guilty until I have enough prove that he is. And that's what I was telling you about. It's a benefit of the doubt concept.
Give a person a benefit of the doubt, no matter how low the chances of his innocence are - presuming his guilt just from some things that Riot Support person allegedly said about chat logs that he allegedly has and allegedly reviewed is way too unfair.

You may believe that Riot might not have access to the games or that they might not use that access if they do, but I don't. If they have contacted support and they have stated that toxicity was found, I'm going to presume they are telling the truth. Until that time, I'm perfectly willing to assume the possibility of the person's innocence and direct them towards support.

Quote:
Candle Light:
Good. But I am not. I'm way past the discussions about personal problems I have with you. They proved themselves pointless long ago.

But apparently you are fine with having a monologue about it. In someone else’s thread. And you talk about disrespect?
Still, I'm going to honour your desire to monologue instead of discuss and therefore not reply to its contents.

Quote:
Candle Light:
You are too egocentric to accept your mistakes, make apologies or act like a man in many other ways.

Even to the simpliest concept that exists for centuries and can be understood with just a little bit of common sense, you reply with not a drop of agreement but with сrapload of arguing, and arguing against not my words, but my words after you twisted and exaggerated them. You do it all the time and this episode is just another good example:

I ask you to consider going easy on people and not talking down on them like if they are guilty by association, show a little respect and give them a benefit of the doubt.

You reply not to that, but to some "always presume Riot Support wrong" which I never said.
And, of course, that, you very skillfully argue. Good for you.
What can I say. Try to learn to read and reply to what people write and not to what you imagine, exaggerate and twist out of their words.

I would recommend you to get some respect for people you communicate with. (And yes, I don't have much of that for you at this point, but don't use it as an argument, cause you know, it's simple retaliationg sort of "argument". Just cause I talk with little respect towards you, doesn't mean it's suddenly an okay thing to do. You did act same and worse before towards me, I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine. It's my own retaliation issue that I'm not ready to put to rest just yet, but either way it's quite a different case from what you do. You talk in disrespectful manner to complete strangers, some of which appear on this Forum for the first time and you immediately talk to them in aggressive fashion, presuming their guilt and explaining how system works [often presuming they don't know] etc.)

I hope you feel better now you've gotten this off of your chest. I would then like to ask you again to either let this be or no longer use other peoples threads for your personal vendettas and create your own.

Quote:
Candle Light:
Edit: I checked your latests replies to people, you are actually improving quite a bit in "not being too judgemental and on a high horse" department. Good. It's funny how I often explain stuff to people, they argue me, but then - I see them actually improve their behavior in exact way I directed them.

I've done what I've always done, respond to people depending upon how they present themselves. But I don't mind if you want to attribute it to your 'direction' if that is what you want to believe.

Quote:
Candle Light:
By the way, once more addressing that quote you glue under every message:
It's kinda pointless to glue it under every message within the same thread. At least you can agree to that.
So, since you are unwilling to quit doing it, how about glue a different quote under every message within same thread?
Here, I'll show you how:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. (Arthur C. Clarke)

The quote I've chosen suits the events that have and are still happening in the world and how I feel about it quite well, I'm sorry you don't understand. If it bothers you, don't read it.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mahatma Gandhi

Je suis Charlie

Candle Light

01-22-2015

Quote:
GangrelCat:
You may believe that Riot might not have access to the games or that they might not use that access if they do, but I don't. If they have contacted support and they have stated that toxicity was found, I'm going to presume they are telling the truth. Until that time, I'm perfectly willing to assume the possibility of the person's innocence and direct them towards support.

You may believe that Riot has access to the games and they use it, and when they tell people that they looked into chat-logs and found there something bad, you may believe that it means it happened and there actually was something wrong. I lean towards believing this as well, but I'm not that willing to believe something I like over something that seems less likely.

Quote:
GangrelCat:
I would then like to ask you again to either let this be or no longer use other peoples threads for your personal vendettas and create your own.

I would then reply to you once more that you can go fuсk yourself with those suggestions of yours from your high-horse. It's funny how you don't find it bad to presume random people being justly punished, yet you are so concerned with integrity of their threads.

Quote:
GangrelCat:
I've done what I've always done, respond to people depending upon how they present themselves. But I don't mind if you want to attribute it to your 'direction' if that is what you want to believe.

Yeah, that is sort of why I talk to you the way I do.
Although my philosophy is a little different when it comes to general audience. At first I try to treat people the way I want them to treat myself, and only after I get the impression that it's not gonna work I switch to yours "respond to people depending on how they present themselves", or in my words -- "treat people the way they treat/treated me". There is also a third cathegory in my philosophy, where you are - people with whom I don't feel any obligation to treat them better or same as they treat me, and I actually treat them as I wish.

Quote:
GangrelCat:
The quote I've chosen suits the events that have and are still happening in the world and how I feel about it quite well, I'm sorry you don't understand.

The level of self-indulgence in this is sky-high. I don't undertand? Oh please, you barely write paragraphs without making more grammatical errors than sentences, save me from your "I am smarter than you are" сrap. If you didn't copy-paste your Gandhi quote and wrote it by hand instead, each and every time, you probably would've fuсked it up too.

Quote:
GangrelCat:
If it bothers you, don't read it.

Also sad and hilarious. It's same as excusing your behavior with presence of a mute-button in game.

Somebody here has been drinking and I'm sad to say it ain't me. (Allan Francis Doyle)

GangrelCat

01-22-2015

@Candle Light
I don't know what else to say then; I'm no longer going to participate in you hijacking this thread so you can attempt to Troll and indulge in your unfounded hatred towards me.

Mahatma Gandhi

Je suis Charlie

Candle Light

01-22-2015

Quote:
GangrelCat:
@Candle Light
I don't know what else to say then; I'm no longer going to participate in your hijacking of this thread.

If this thread was viewed as much or more than Tribunal FAQ thread, or anywhere close to that - then the talk about its integrity would've made sense. But to bitсh over derailing thread that only has attention for couple of days - spare me this idiocy, oh mighty defender of "sticking to the topic".

Truth exists, only lies are invented. (G. Braque)