Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chat Restriction x 5 ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cobaltmotari

01-19-2015

Quote:
TakeAwayMyPain:
You get reported when you win a ranked game. This is how the report system works.

Well, if someone presses the button in that scenario, that is. And even then, you only get punished if you actually did a number of things wrong over time.

Riven inc

01-19-2015

I know ur feeling mate.
It is the same for me. Ive got idk 8 chatbans so far and 4 ranked bans, by which the first 2 chatbans are tbh deserved, I was a bit toxic. But after the 2, I decided to make my chat interface as small as I can, so that i dont see my mates raging (whenever my mates rage, I rage automatically) and to write NOTHING while playing (except i play with premades I chat on /r).
(Btw you can still communicate with pings). And in champ select i write my pref role once and when they let me i say thx when not i just fill.
But wtf is that, I always get reported for Offensive language, Verbal Abuse and sometimes negative Attitude.
And then i get another chatban, followed by ranked bans.

I dont understand why I get them?
What do I have to do not to get them?

KiwiGeneral

01-19-2015

Quote:
I dont understand why I get them?
Because the system sees no improvement in your behaviour.
Quote:
What do I have to do not to get them?

Quick way: Be positive.
Slow way: Stay silent.

TakeAwayMyPain

01-19-2015

Quote:
Cobaltmotari:
Well, if someone presses the button in that scenario, that is. And even then, you only get punished if you actually did a number of things wrong over time.

Since there is no tribunal, you get punished if you are reported (even if you don't do anything wrong). So basically if you win a game and someone reports you, you might get punished. That's why people want tribunal back.

Shiwah

01-19-2015

False.

It's not like Tribunal was foolproof, either. Back when it was online, people like you wanted it off.

Cobaltmotari

01-20-2015

Quote:
TakeAwayMyPain:
Since there is no tribunal, you get punished if you are reported (even if you don't do anything wrong). So basically if you win a game and someone reports you, you might get punished.

Emphasis on "might". Again, there is more to getting punished than merely getting reported. If that wasn't the case, a whole ton more people on this server, myself included, would be restricted by now.

Sheltahn

01-20-2015

Sometimes i asked the support for a Reason. Every time the same thing - you be negative. But i dont chat much since my first ban. This is wierd. Just my 1th is reasonabble.

~ Chatbanns #8

Riven inc

01-20-2015

Quote:
Because the system sees no improvement in your behaviour.

What do you mean by this? I think the system counts the number of reports I get, which is linked to the bans.
Like I said Im not toxic and the reports I always get is not deserved.
Quote:
Quick way: Be positive.

Hard to be positive when you are at you limit holding urself back not to flame and not to say anything when mates are doing mistakes over and over again.
Every 2nd game I have, a normal player would rage quit...
Quote:
Slow way: Stay silent.

I dont think this is a possibilty.
Like I said, I dont say anything while playing and I still get reports and warnings for offensive lang etc..

KiwiGeneral

01-20-2015

Quote:
I think the system counts the number of reports I get, which is linked to the bans.

Nope.
At this point reports against you won't do much.

At the end of every restriction, your behaviour gets checked again.
If your behaviour didn't improve(enough) you keep being restricted.
Riot doesn't want people trying to cheat the system by being silent and then continue to flame.

Being silent, will get rid of that restriction, however, that will take some time(read: several restrictions).
Being a positive force will get rid of that restriction quickly.

Quote:
Hard to be positive when you are at you limit holding urself back not to flame and not to say anything when mates are doing mistakes over and over again.

Actually it's pretty easy to be positive.

Riven inc

01-20-2015

Quote:
Quote:
I think the system counts the number of reports I get, which is linked to the bans.
Nope.
At this point reports against you won't do much.

At the end of every restriction, your behaviour gets checked again.
If your behaviour didn't improve(enough) you keep being restricted.
Riot doesn't want people trying to cheat the system by being silent and then continue to flame.

Being silent, will get rid of that restriction, however, that will take some time(read: several restrictions).
Being a positive force will get rid of that restriction quickly.

Quote:
Actually it's pretty easy to be positive.

Thx ill try to search for a motivation for being positive..