Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Introduction of a Rivalry System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JbiShawn

01-14-2015

Disclaimer: English is not my native language.
Hey everybody,
I have this Idea that Riot could maybe implement into the game: A kind of Rivalry System for 3vs3 and 5vs5 ranks. It could maybe work like following:
-You can only start a Rivalry with a Team that is in the same elo as your team is (silver vs silver, plat vs plat, and so on)
-Both Team must accept the Rivalry request
-Limitation of ongoing Rivalries for each Team
-Benefits from Rivalry: if you happen to be matched vs your Rival you gain more LP if you win/loose more LP if you are defeated (+personal satisfaction XD)
-Criterias must be met first so that a Team can qualify themselves to be your rival like for example you already played against them a couple of times( but then again I dont know how likely this can happen with the matchmaking System) or maybe you by accepting a rival request...
-The possibillity to be matched vs your rival team is increased but after a game against them, this chance is reseted and you must play a number of games vs other non-rival Teams before the chance to be matched against a Rival is again increased by x%.

I think this would add a little bit of extra competetivness and slight "rpg"-elements into the game.
You could also start a Rivalry with the Team of your friends.
What do you think of this Idea ?