Masteries for Jungle

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primalrace

22-05-2011

Currently I am thinking about 10/10/10 Masteries for jungling. I am just not sure if the masteries I chose are even helpful in the jungle.

In Red: Offensive Mastery: Increases the damage dealt to minions by X
Does that also include neutral Monsters?

In Blue: Defensive Mastery:

In Green: Utiliy Mastery:

Summoner Spells: Smite, maybe Fortify.
Fortify has a passive which increases the damage dealt to minions. Again, also neutral monsters?

midnight illusio

22-05-2011

You don't really need to change masteries much between jungling and laning. going 10/10/10 makes you very average, so you are niether hard to kill, nor do a lot of damage. Because of this, enemies can pretty much ignore you untill everyone else in the team is dead. I usually only jungle with Amumu, and I go 0/21/9 masteries, and ghost and smite for summoners. You don't need fortify at all. Yes, it will increase your damage to minions, but the increase is so small it's not worth it.

ImKilaya

22-05-2011

Masteries depends on champion. For Olaf fine is 0/21/9 or 1/20/9, for Nunu it's 9/0/21 etc... you must take at least 9 points in utility, rest is up to you. Defensive masteries help with early jungle...

Primalrace

22-05-2011

I'm just wondering if "deals x damage to minions" also applies on neutral monsters.

midnight illusio

22-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalrace View Post
I'm just wondering if "deals x damage to minions" also applies on neutral monsters.
It does, otherwise smite would be completely useless.

Puschel the Soft

23-05-2011

1/16/13 is quite common if you go smite and flash, 0-1/20-21/8-9 if you don't go flash or 12/x/x if you want the penetration

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

23-05-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It varies a lot from Jungler to Jungler but the absolutely essential skills are the utility tree w/ improved XP and buff duration.

Dakonblackblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-05-2011

Nowadays the FOTM is 21 in utility. You need that Flash CD reduction , extra buff time and CDR on smite. 21 in defense is quite old news. This is for dps junglers. For Amumu i dont know for sure.