PvP.Patch Kernel Issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blekanese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-05-2011

Hi all. I'm having the problem with this issue since yesterday. When I go to play League of Legends, it just opens LoL logo, stands there for 5 seconds, after that it opens popup saying

"Another instance of the launcher is running. Do you want to terminate it?"
with Yes or No options.

If I click No; the logo & popup closes. Like I closed LoL.
If I click Yes; the logo stays and popup goes away, but after about 5 more seconds the logo gets an error saying that PvP.Patcher Kernel has stopped working. I have options to find solution on internet and close, wait for program's response and close the program.

If I click 1st or 3rd option it quits.
If 2nd option is chosen, then it waits til I click on it again and then it just repeats.

Any helps? I can post picture if needed.

Skelton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blekanese View Post
Hi all. I'm having the problem with this issue since yesterday. When I go to play League of Legends, it just opens LoL logo, stands there for 5 seconds, after that it opens popup saying

"Another instance of the launcher is running. Do you want to terminate it?"
with Yes or No options.

If I click No; the logo & popup closes. Like I closed LoL.
If I click Yes; the logo stays and popup goes away, but after about 5 more seconds the logo gets an error saying that PvP.Patcher Kernel has stopped working. I have options to find solution on internet and close, wait for program's response and close the program.

If I click 1st or 3rd option it quits.
If 2nd option is chosen, then it waits til I click on it again and then it just repeats.

Any helps? I can post picture if needed.
l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe

Put that file in this directory

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS

blekanese

22-05-2011

Didn't work. And to say; It isn't on disc C, I have put it on D.

And it is in Program Files, does that matters? I remember I somewhere read that it shouldn't be in there.

blekanese

22-05-2011

Anybody?

blekanese

22-05-2011

Now?

Pesuto

22-05-2011

This is just a wild quess but what kind of antivirus and firewall softwares are you using?
I had somewhat similar problem with my Starcraft 2 when my firewall (Comodo Internet Security) had Defense+ active.
Game just stoped responding right after start even though it was already a "trusted process" and firewall was in "game mode".

If one of your softwares had similar ability to protect system files from anything it doesn't recognize this could be a cause of problem.

Skelton

22-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesuto View Post
This is just a wild quess but what kind of antivirus and firewall softwares are you using?
I had somewhat similar problem with my Starcraft 2 when my firewall (Comodo Internet Security) had Defense+ active.
Game just stoped responding right after start even though it was already a "trusted process" and firewall was in "game mode".

If one of your softwares had similar ability to protect system files from anything it doesn't recognize this could be a cause of problem.
Move your game files to C:/Riot Games. This might fix your problem. If it doesn't uninstall them, and reinstall to the C:/ drive

Pesuto

22-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelton View Post
Move your game files to C:/Riot Games. This might fix your problem. If it doesn't uninstall them, and reinstall to the C:/ drive
Like I said I had similar problem but that was with SC2. I haven't encountered that with LoL or other games yet or were you just quoting wrong person.

Skelton

22-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesuto View Post
Like I said I had similar problem but that was with SC2. I haven't encountered that with LoL or other games yet or were you just quoting wrong person.
Honestly, I only quoted you so I could get the reply thing up xD

blekanese

22-05-2011

@Pesuto. I'm using Webroot antivirus which I tbh installed yesterday. What coinsidence, huh? :P
But I turned it off, same problem persist. X.x

@Skelton. I'm going now on your way.

But still thanks both for the replies. ^^