Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PvP.Patch Kernel Issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blekanese

05-22-2011

Hi all. I'm having the problem with this issue since yesterday. When I go to play League of Legends, it just opens LoL logo, stands there for 5 seconds, after that it opens popup saying

"Another instance of the launcher is running. Do you want to terminate it?"
with Yes or No options.

If I click No; the logo & popup closes. Like I closed LoL.
If I click Yes; the logo stays and popup goes away, but after about 5 more seconds the logo gets an error saying that PvP.Patcher Kernel has stopped working. I have options to find solution on internet and close, wait for program's response and close the program.

If I click 1st or 3rd option it quits.
If 2nd option is chosen, then it waits til I click on it again and then it just repeats.

Any helps? I can post picture if needed.

Skelton

05-22-2011

Quote:
blekanese:
Hi all. I'm having the problem with this issue since yesterday. When I go to play League of Legends, it just opens LoL logo, stands there for 5 seconds, after that it opens popup saying

"Another instance of the launcher is running. Do you want to terminate it?"
with Yes or No options.

If I click No; the logo & popup closes. Like I closed LoL.
If I click Yes; the logo stays and popup goes away, but after about 5 more seconds the logo gets an error saying that PvP.Patcher Kernel has stopped working. I have options to find solution on internet and close, wait for program's response and close the program.

If I click 1st or 3rd option it quits.
If 2nd option is chosen, then it waits til I click on it again and then it just repeats.

Any helps? I can post picture if needed.

l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe

Put that file in this directory

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS

blekanese

05-22-2011

Didn't work. And to say; It isn't on disc C, I have put it on D.

And it is in Program Files, does that matters? I remember I somewhere read that it shouldn't be in there.

blekanese

05-22-2011

Anybody?

blekanese

05-22-2011

Now?

Pesuto

05-22-2011

This is just a wild quess but what kind of antivirus and firewall softwares are you using?
I had somewhat similar problem with my Starcraft 2 when my firewall (Comodo Internet Security) had Defense+ active.
Game just stoped responding right after start even though it was already a "trusted process" and firewall was in "game mode".

If one of your softwares had similar ability to protect system files from anything it doesn't recognize this could be a cause of problem.

Skelton

05-22-2011

Quote:
Pesuto:
This is just a wild quess but what kind of antivirus and firewall softwares are you using?
I had somewhat similar problem with my Starcraft 2 when my firewall (Comodo Internet Security) had Defense+ active.
Game just stoped responding right after start even though it was already a "trusted process" and firewall was in "game mode".

If one of your softwares had similar ability to protect system files from anything it doesn't recognize this could be a cause of problem.

Move your game files to C:/Riot Games. This might fix your problem. If it doesn't uninstall them, and reinstall to the C:/ drive

Pesuto

05-22-2011

Quote:
Skelton:
Move your game files to C:/Riot Games. This might fix your problem. If it doesn't uninstall them, and reinstall to the C:/ drive

Like I said I had similar problem but that was with SC2. I haven't encountered that with LoL or other games yet or were you just quoting wrong person.

Skelton

05-22-2011

Quote:
Pesuto:
Like I said I had similar problem but that was with SC2. I haven't encountered that with LoL or other games yet or were you just quoting wrong person.

Honestly, I only quoted you so I could get the reply thing up xD

blekanese

05-22-2011

@Pesuto. I'm using Webroot antivirus which I tbh installed yesterday. What coinsidence, huh? :P
But I turned it off, same problem persist. X.x

@Skelton. I'm going now on your way.

But still thanks both for the replies. ^^