Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Client crashes continually, please help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazq

01-11-2015

Hi,

my client often crashes during games, and I've tried to fix it a lot of times, but the problem persists.
What happens is that my internet disconnects for a little while, during which the game nearly always crashes. The game just freezes, after which it mostly quits itself and then I get a bugsplat report. Sometimes however, it won't quit on it's own and it also doesn't react to Force quit.
When that happens, I have to manually turn off my laptop and restart. This often causes me too miss parts of a game, which really sucks not only for me, but my teammates aswell so I'd like to fix it.

My System Specs are:
- OSX 10.9.5
- MacBook Pro 13-inch early 2011
- CPU: 2,3 GHz intel core i5
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
- RAM: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I have attached my last 3 R3d logs, if there is anything else you need to help me please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

CptFixit

01-11-2015

The games doesn't react to force-quit? That's interesting.

I was going to suggest killing the relevant processes through Terminal, but that's not gonna fly if you're stuck in the fullscreen application.

You say your net connection will fail from time to time. Are you on wifi? If so, I suggest trying a wired connection. I very often run into wifi glitches when streaming video or when playing an online game, which is why I've put down UTP for my LoL-needs

Blazq

01-12-2015

Thanks for your speedy reaction.

Ya, I am on wifi, unfortunately due to the layout of my house it isn't possible to get an UTP cable into my room without having to drill a hole through a pretty big wall and rearranging my room.
If you have any other ideas as to how to fix it I would be very grateful.

wingedREBORN

01-12-2015

Got the same problem here. A few months ago the problem startet. LoL sometimes freezes and closed immediately after that.
After some weeks the problem was fixed. But since wednesday i got the problem again. But this time LoL doesn't close and i can't even force a close.
Therefore i always have to reboot my computer. Very annoying!

Best Regards,
wingedREBORN

CptFixit

01-12-2015

As a Unix admin I'd think of turning on the SSH server on your Mac, which would allow remote access to the command line. Then you'd kill LOL from there. Of course that'd require an SSH client on another Mac or PC, or on your mobile/tablet. Would work pretty well either way, though it'd require some know-how.

Singaporean

01-12-2015

Quote:
Blazq:
Hi,

my client often crashes during games, and I've tried to fix it a lot of times, but the problem persists.
What happens is that my internet disconnects for a little while, during which the game nearly always crashes. The game just freezes, after which it mostly quits itself and then I get a bugsplat report. Sometimes however, it won't quit on it's own and it also doesn't react to Force quit.
When that happens, I have to manually turn off my laptop and restart. This often causes me too miss parts of a game, which really sucks not only for me, but my teammates aswell so I'd like to fix it.

My System Specs are:
- OSX 10.9.5
- MacBook Pro 13-inch early 2011
- CPU: 2,3 GHz intel core i5
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
- RAM: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I have attached my last 3 R3d logs, if there is anything else you need to help me please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Your Mac specs shouldn't be the problem. It's a problem with the client. You will receive a pop-up telling you to check certain logs. The only way to get LoL to stop crashing is to reinstall it fully. It will take multiple hours (possibly) but after that the crashing doesn't happen. I had this myself on two weeks ago on Friday and haven't had any crashes anymore.

Hopefully your problem is resolved soon

Best regards,

Singaporean

Isensjel

01-14-2015

The fun part is that the client crashes because the beta is bugged and we get to be in the low priority queue. So, we don't get support, mac client keeps crushing, we are paying customers with above average income and we are penalized for you incompetence, come on guys you should do better and take better care of us. We love the game, we enjoy playing it, and you are sucking the fun out it by having this policy.

you should take this penalty out of mac clients as it is not our fault that you can't find a way to develop a solid Mac client.

BR

Blazq

01-22-2015

I completely reinstalled the game, but the problem persists.
My client still crashes and freezes, forcing me to restart and putting me behind.
If I can't fix it I might have to stop playing, or at least stop playing pvp :/

CptFixit

01-23-2015

So... Have you registered a ticket about this with Support? Because you won't actually find official support on these forums. We cannot help you further than the tips we've given so far, sorry

-> http://support.leagueoflegends.com/

kh kira

02-18-2015

mac is not for games so i instaled parallel and instaled windows in my mac and now i can play lol